The trip to Shadowdale

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I think the dragon was a little biger Elvira, but I agree with you all of us, even Kel that stands 6.3 was tiny in front of it! As about the dragon it would be way too difficult to deal with him. Fortunately he was on our side." Says Renad.

"What kind of beast do you have in underdark Jarg? I know that you have goblin, orcs as we have, but what else" Asks Kel.

"That's true. Being a wizard costs very much and it isn't only the magic componets, but I spend money on spells and scrolls too. Ah, and if I craft a magical item or a scroll I have to put a part of myself in it, not physically of course only as energy, but that is important too."

Inovidil looks Brethana adn sighs, then with a smile says:

"I never regret it though, the sensation of power is awsome. You know that you are able to do so many things. You have seen all my spells yet because it wasn't necessary but I can do more things than lighting bolts and make you move faster."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg thinks a moment then says to everyone "Well let's see. There is actually a Dragon in the Underdark. It is a Deep dragon. I have heard rumors of some kind of jet black and powerful dragon but as I am no Wizard or mage cannot confirm it. There are rothe, which is something like your cattle. There are myoconids,gnomes, dwarves and then the worst kind. You know of Illithid's I presume? Well they all live in a society together with one big huge disgusting "Brain" Jarg shivers then continues.

"I have seen one many times but thankfully it was an associate of my mother's and not my enemy. They just creep me out. Then there are bats,and of course several types of spider creatures. And one time I was in the house chapel and my mother summoned a creature so foul. It is called a Yochlol which is the handmaiden of Llolth. That is about all I know about creatures down there, Kel".

Thalar smiles but says nothng just sitting and enjoying the good company he is in.

Elvira sips her ale then says" Wow I hope i never meet an Illithid they really scare me from what I have heard. Don't they eat yer brains?"

Jarg looks at Elvira and winks "No in actuality they keep people slaves there to feed themselves and use them for games to wager between themselves, Elvira".

Brethana crinkles her nose "I like my brain where it is thanks! The worst thing I ever met in ravenloft is a Vampire but besides that it is mostly undead or goblins or orcs I have seen. And that Ghost we ran away from on that farm, eh Inovidil"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes, I remeber it. It was a child. Who knows it's storu and what happened to keep it here. If I remember well, the others have met it again, right Brethana? I think Jamethon was very sad to seei it." Says Inovidil as recalls theyoung girl they have met before.

"Illithids don't use to come to surface Elvira, they live at their comunity exactly as Jarg said. They are cruel and like charm the other and then command them. Right Jarg? I have never met one till now, but I haev heard some stories about them." Says Renad.

"I know almost nothing about the Underdark, but my father who has gone once, said that it's very dangerous. Nothing comparing the surface, you should know very well where to go because you can get lost very easily. Also, I don't know why, my father said that the teleportation spells don't work well there. He and his party had really hard time to get out alive. Do you know what happened to the spells there Jarg, has nothing to do that you dark elves are more resistant to magic?" Asks Kel.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana shivers at the mention of the ghost child "Yeah we did meet it again, Inovidil. And Jamethon was indeed sad to see it for some reason."

Jarg thinks then adds"Yes Renad that is how they are. Well Kel I am more resistant to magic not just spells as it were. The Drow can cast easily teleportation in the Underdark I know not why your father had trouble with his teleportation spell. He would need to ask a Drow mage although I might be able to ask some of the Priestess of Eilistraee I have been guided to by Delsenora from Shadowdale. They are expecting me to visit! It will be nice to see some of my own kind, no offense Thalar or Brethana of course.I think deep in the Underdark magic radiates off of everything for some reason which is how we Drow come to be so resistant and make beautiful items which can even meet a Dwarf's standards."

Thalar smiles "I know what you mean Jarg, I do sometimes yearn to go back home but it is not to be for now, though I do enjoy another elf's company here" he winks at Brethana and squeezes her hand, smiling.

Elvira finishes her ale then burps loudly "Oh excuse me!!! Another ale please! We should get on our way tomorrow guys as we have a long trek to Daggerford".

They agree and spend the rest of the time relaxing or getting supplies.

Ooc>If Inovidil has one of Leomund's spells place that instead of the tent we put up.<

The next morning they leave and head for Daggerford. It is very damp and wet and the rain is very hard on them. They stop for lunch and head on out again, wet like sopping rags. Finally they stop near sundown and find shelter in the trees. They put up a huge tent and settle in for the evening. No hunting as it is raining too hard and Thalar or Brethana wouldn't see anything anyways. It is very quiet in the forest and after a while the rain dies down to a drizzle. After the long wet day, everyone is tired. Renad and Kel take the first watch as the others fall easily into a deep sleep, even Brethana with her ring falls into a deep elvish meditation as well.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

The first hour of watch passes uneventful, but suddenly as Renad stands uo to put some more woods at the camp fire a trasparent hand apperas from the ground and gets his leg. The Cleric feels as his life force is beinf drained. The same moment teo more trasparent forms with dirty hair adn cloths attack Kel, but fortunately only onbe gets him.

"Specters!" Yells Reand at the top of his lungs.

One specter attacks him again but misses, the other one attacks Kel, draining his life force and the third one goes to Thalar and tries to touch him.

Renad gets his holly symbol and evokes Pelor. A white light gets from the holly symbol and gets the specters destroying immediately the one that attacked Kel.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Unfortunately Thalar wakes too late and the Specter gets hyim removing some of his life force.

HE grunts then rolls out of the way. He gets ready for the next attack his long sword at the ready

Brethana grabs her weapons and jumps up ready for action as do the others.

Brethana scores twice a Specter sutting it deeply on it arm and leg.
Elvira tosses her daggers missing once, but scoring once in the chest of the same one.

Jarg slices his sword once but barely does any damamge as his sword isnt magical.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil jumps up and clamps her teeth, 5 pair of disembodied zaws of blue force appear and attack Renad's specter.

Kel knowing that probably Brethana wll help Thalar moves closer to Renad and slashes the specter, but his attack passed through it.

The specter attacks and her cold hand gets the fighter at the chest. Kel feels much weaker now and his face is very pale.

Renad thinks for a moment to pray to Pelor another time in order to turn the specter, but decides against it since the specter is very close to him and would be easier for it to touch him. So he attacks with his morning star getting the incorporeal undead at the chest.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Elvira's daggers hit true both embedding in the chest then coming back to her. The specter moans and moving quickly it grabs onto Jarg. Jarg yells out and feels his life essence fading. He swings his sword in defense and cuts the Specter deep, in effect making the thing release his leg. Jarg weakly tumbles away, leaning against the tent, bretahing deeply.

Thalar swings his sword once. The blade cuts the thing deeply in the arm, in effect making the undead's arm fall off! The Specter howls and moans at Thalar which gives Brethana the opporunity to swing her blades once each, and the Specter's head falls off and it dissipates into nothingness, sent to it's eternal rest, finally.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil remains concentrated to her spell and the jaws bithe specter one more time.

Kel slashes once with his greatsword but the weapon passes though the incorporeal's body.

Renad goes back deftly barely avoiding the specter's touch, then attacks with his morning star which fortunately gets the undead's body. The specter monas loudly and then dissolves to a mist.

Kel drops his sword and sits down very tired.

Renad gets his holly symbol and touches the fighter's chest. A white bright light cover's Kel's body and finally the color return's to his face as long as with his life force.

"Who else is feeling strange? Weak or lacking energy? I should restore your life force now because tomorrow will be late." Asks Renad as looking his companions.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg looks to Renad "I do feel funny as well" and sits down tired. The rest of the group are fine.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Renad gets his holly symbol and touches the drow's chest restoring his life force.

"Ok now Jarg? You might feel dizzy for a while but soon you will feel much better. What about you Thalar? You ok?"
Last edited by VAN on Tue May 29, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thalar says to Renad "Yes me too, I did want to worry you but that thing hurt me too."

After Renad "cures" Thalar they go back to sleep and the morning head for Daggerford.

There they get rooms yet again at the same Inn they stayed at on their way there.

They decide to stay a few days then head back "home" to Waterdeep. They get supplies and Inovidil yet again buys more components and gets teased by Brethana as usual who still finds it funny that Inovidil spends so much on the "mage" necessities.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"You should stop teasing me like that Brethana, I have gotten two very interesting spells, now I can conjure the energy and create steeds without real body. When you ride one of them you can go faster than with normal horses! Do you want to have a ride with me Brethana?" Says Inovidil and turning a bit winks to Elvira needing backup to tease the elf.

"I missed home, I like adventures but we are missing nearly a year! I don't know if you get my point." Says Kel.

"Yes, I miss Waterdeep too, fortunately we are not far away from there." Says Renad. Then turning to Jarg says:

"What are you going to do when we get to Waterdeep Jarg? Do you have a place to stay?"

OOC> Inovidil has gotten phantom steed.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Elvira giggles then says "Come on Brethana riding the magic steed is fun, we've all done it. You'll like the speed it gets" she teases.

"There's no way in the 9 hells you are getting me on a magic steed, I'll stick to my normal horse thank you very much!" Brethana answers the girls, not realising thay are teasing her.

Thalar tries to hide his smile, then starts laughing. "Gods, girls, you are incorrigible! They are only teasing you, Brethana!" he laughs some more then kisses her cheek "Take it in stride, dear, and get used to them!".

Jarg thinks on Renad's question "Not really, Renad. I have nerver really been there. I do plan to visit the City of Splendors. I only have this minor magic item on my head and don't relish being in the city too long. People still have stereotypes about Drow as you well know. So no I have no place to stay but I am undecided as to how much I will visit it at all. MY friend did offer me to go see the Eilistraee sect not far from here. That might be an option. I have to think about it Renad"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"As you wish my friend, but remember that you are welcomed to my house and to the temple as well. I agree that you should be very cautious though, there are many powerful wizards and clerics in Waterdeep and it's better if they don't find out your true identity. Your item will protect you and be sure that I'll talk to some people so you can have whatever you want either for your stay and for your trip." Sasy Renad.

"Yes Jarg, you can stay to our tower as well, my parents are aristocrats and wizards. They can help you and maybe my father can give you a lift to the place you want to go, he can teleport himself and others." Says Kel.

Making a great effort to stop laughing, Inovidil gets serious and says:

"It was very funny, you should see your face Brethana! But omn the other hand, you are wrong dear Thalar, I was not completely joking. I have indeed get the spell I said and I want to use it". Says Inovidil and stands up from the table.

"It's a very nice day outside. Do you want to come with me Thalar or are you afraid of magic horses too?"
- W H A T ! ? !