The trip to Shadowdale

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg smiles. "Well I wouldn't mind seeing the City as I have said. So how about I visit both Renad's home, Pelor's temple and Inovidil and Kel's home and or father's tower? Sound fair to you all?"

Thalar smiles at Inovidil "Oh all right, let me see this steed of yours. Come Brethana at least to see it. You do not have to ride it, just see it"
He takes Brethana by the hand and she reluctantly gets up and they leave with Inovidil to see the horse. Elvira gets up and soon follows.

Jarg stretches and looks at Renad "So what kind of home have you got, Renad? What will your friends say to you bringing a dark elf into the temple? I hope it wont get you into trouble".
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well, my house isn't a tower of course, but it's at the center of the city, it's clean, comfortable and has a good view, also..."

"Oh stop that Renad, otherwise Jarg will think that you actually try to sell his house to him!" Says Kel and loughs loudly.

"Yes, sorry. My house is a normal house at which you can stay as you want. I leave alone there and the company of a friend is always welcomed. As about teh temple, I'll talk to the other priets of course before get you there. I'll say to them how useful you have been to us, how you have saved Brethana's life etc. If I trust you, they will too. Of course they will probably cast the same spell with the circle I did and maybe something more, but don't worry Jarg I'm sure you will do fine."

Renad smiles as remembers something and then winks at the drow saying:

"Yoy know, you are not the first good dark elf who comes to the surface and visits Waterdeep. It was another one before you and he is considered a hero at many cities, especially to the North."

Inovidil followed by the others gets out of the inn and she heads a bit out of the town, she doesn't want to practice magic with other people around. Then she concentrates, waves her hands and a quasi-real horse like steed appears. It has black head and body, gray mane and tail and smoked colored insubstanstial hooves. Also it has what seems to be a saddle, bit and bridle.

"Amazing!" Says Inovidil and mounts the steed without any difficulty. Then she rides a bit in order to get use to it.

"Thalar, it's great, really fast, faster than a horse and it's very easy to ride. Do you want try it?" Asks Inovidil.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thalar looks at the steed, then to Inovidil "Okay I will." ANd with that hops on and takes a ride. The steed is indeed faster and comfortable as well. The wind at his face feels good and the speed feels quite nice as well. He returns with a gleeful look on his face, hopping down. "That is amazing Inovidil. What a nice spell you have there. Good choice indeed. I am impressed."

Brethana shies away from the steed, still uneasy with some magics. "I hope you had fun, Thalar but you won't find me on that thing that's for sure!"

"Wow nice trick you have there, Inovidil" Elvira says with admiration on her face.

Back at the Inn...........
"Well thanks for your vote of confidence,Renad. I appreciate it. I'll walk about in the city but just be careful. I've never been in a Temple or a Tower before, it should be interesting to say the least!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well the tower is much better! You can do whatever you want! Eat, sleep, talk to people, practice your swordplay. The only thing you shouldn't do is distructing my father when he studies or create an item. He becomes rather irritated when that happens and you might be the end of a lighting bolt!" Says Kel and a melancholic expression getrs his face as remembers his father.

"I have distructed him once, when I was a child and I haven't gotten out of my room for a week!"

"Don't listen to him Jarg, lord Kaving is a very nice person, but as all wizards needs to be concentrated at his work. The rest of the time he is good company and he likes talking about his adventures. I have passed many nights listen to him. I agree with kel though, if you want to relax and have fun the tower is a better place. The temple is a serious place, you go there to be closer to you god, to find answers and some times even yourself! I think it will help you visit it. It's your call though, as I have said to you earlier I don't want to force you do anything you don't want."

"See Brethana, both Thalar and Elvira like my magic steed. But despite I like ride that instead of a normal horse, for now I can keep it only for 5 hours and if I do one for all of us I'll spend quite all my magic energy and I'll not be able to do many other spells. So at least for now we will keep our horses." Says Inovidil.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana looks at Inovidil and says "In all honesty you should keep your magic for when you need it so the horse seems to be nice but not practical"

They stay for a few days then leave, well rested for the last leg of their trip. 2 days out of Waterdeep they camp . It is a nice evening and the sky is full of stars. The moon is also full so the party is in good spirits, thinking about their long year trip finishing!

On 2nd watch Brethana and Thalar are talking, but fail to notice the approach of several wolves and as Brethana turns to look at her sleeping friends Wolves stalk into the encampment. The biggest one has the time to jump and knock Brethana down and bite and scratch her before she desperately throws it off. Bleeding and furious she gets up and brandishes her blades, growling and spitting at the wolf. The wolf snarls at her once, then turns and runs, howling into the night and the rest of the pack follow.

Thalar barely has tiime to run after them but deems it prudent to not follow. The rest of the party awaken and after some slight patrol decide it is safe enough to stay and go back to sleep. Renad does heal Brethana then they go back to sleep.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Fortunately these wolves didn't turn back again. I wonder why they attack us and then flee in such hurry. I think it' strange behavior for animals, if they were hungry they would remain and fight." Says Inovidil as remembers the facts of the last night.

"I agree with you Ino, it was really strange. What do you think Thalar, you are the one who knows the most about animals." Says Renad.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I find it odd but then again wolves are not stupid either with the whole party awake it would be fruitless to attack. Why only the big one attacked with trying harder than that is bizarre. I am no expert on wolves mind you".

"Thanks for healing me Renad. My arm is itchy though and I feel funny, but I think it is because even though I have the ring I slept badly" Brethana says.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"If you feel dizzy or strange plese let me know Brethana, Your wound might be infected." Says Reand a bit concerned.

"Lets go guys, sooner we get to Waterdeep is better." Says Inovidil.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

They travel along the route until they pass through the forest. Suddenly Brethana's horse rears up and when the party looks, it is not Brethana on it but a Wolf version of Brethana! She jumps off, snarls and runs into the forest disappearing fast into the deep woods! The party just sits there stunned unsure what to do about Brethana.

"What do we do Renad? Should we run after her?" Thalar asks really worried.

"Holy cow what happened to Brethana?" Elvira exclaims.

Jarg gets over his shock to say "I think that wolf was bad for her, guys".
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I I think he has turned to a werewolf! She isn't herself anymore, fortunately she has manged to cotrol herself, otherwise he would had attacked us. I don't know how to reverse this." Says Renad very concerned.

"What can we do? We cannot leave her that way,se might hurt someone or herself." Says Kel.

"She is doomed brother, but I think it's possible." Says Inovidil and then turns to Thalar:

"Thalar, do you want me to cast the magic steed, so you can go after her?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"We should find somebody who can help us with this who knows more, guys" Thalar says "I'd love to go after her but to what end?Does your father know of anyone who might help us, Inovidil?"

"I think as Thalar does as well" Jarg says and so does Elvira.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The terrain passed fast. The air smelled of the morning. Rising on its haunches it sniffed the air. Fresh meat?. It moved as quietly as it could, not even disturbing the underbrush. Eyes probing in the morning sun, it saw it's prey head and neck bent at a brook, hungrily lapping the water. As the deer lapped the water it's nose and ears betrayed her stalker's presence. It suddenly turned and leaped off into the forest, trying to outdistance the beast. Unfortunatley the beast caught it and with one swipe of its clawed hand, the deer stumbled to the ground, all four legs in the air. The beast lept on top of the deer and feasted like it hadn't eaten in ages. Blood spurted everywhwere as it ate hungrily the fresh meat. The smell and sight of blood only egged the beast on.

A scant few minutes later, there were only a few bones remaining of the deer and the beast started to calm down, heat beating slower. As the calm of the morning overtook it, the hairs on it's body receded slowly, and it returned to it's normal form, the form of an elf

Brethana woke with a start.Where am I? Looking down she spied the dead carcass of the deer and frowned. How did this happen? What am I doing here? Where are the others? She took stock of herself. All her weapons were there as was her backpack and her money pouch. Brethana suddenly realised she was covered n blood and looking at the dead deer carcass, comprehension was beginning to dawn on her.I did this? But how? Why? A bird flew overhead and chirped it's afternoon song. Suddenly, Brethana remembered no more. Her mind went wild as the beast took over. The beast howled savagely and ran deeper into the forest, running free as the wind. It sensed no prey so ran free. The more it found no prey, the more it howled. It was getting infuriated with no prey nearby and it's hunger grew. Hours later it had found a prey and was devouring a doe's dead corpse, blood everywhere, it's face and fur full of deer blood.

The next morning Brethana woke up, her body bloody. Her face and hands were especially bloody as weas her face. She had a bad metallic tatse in her mouth. AgainWhere am I? How did I get here and where are the guys?????? She took a moment to observe herself first by looking at herself. My arms and legs are covered in blood, but why? Feeling her tongue around her mouth, she discovered a bad taste of fresh meat(?) in her mouth. I have a bad feeling about this. I should try to find the others She walked off in a Northernly direction in the forest until she came upon a clearing. The path veers off into 2 directions. South is just a path, but North leads higher than the forest, to a cave. She heads North, higher into the forest. A while later she comes upon the cave.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I don't know Thalar, but we are only a day from the Waterdeep so we can go and ask him. I'm sure he will be glad to help us." Says Inovidil very preoccupied for her hriend.

"I'll ask at the temple too, they might know something as well. We should hurry though, from what I know, the shortest time you remain infected is better." Says Renad.

"Lets move guys, our friend needs help." Says Kel and mounts his horse.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The party makes good time to Waterdeep, seldomly stopping. On the 2nd afternoon they make it into the City of Splendors. Renad heads for the Temple with Jarg and Thalar while Inovidil , Kel and Elvira go to see the father. They agree to convene at the tower after t hey gather what information they can.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

We continue to "Running against the time".
- W H A T ! ? !