Staunton Bluffs: Interlude

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Staunton Bluffs: Interlude

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

OOC: Since this is happening in "down time", I thought I'd make it a new thread.
Rafael wrote: And, clearly visible for everyone inside, an iron coffin with blood stains and clawings all over it...

Open...

Empty...
Roland sits down abruptly in the dirt, his pale face growing even paler. "That's not good," he says quietly. "That's not good at all."

After a moment, he turns his head and sees his steamer trunk where it had been thrown from the back of the wagon. Standing and making a half-hearted attempt to dust himself off, he walks over to it; muttering something, he opens it and examines the contents. "Well, not bad," he says to himself. Closing the trunk, he picks up one end and drags it into the stable. Seating himself on the lid, he takes his notes from his vest pocket and writes a few more lines, then stands, opens the trunk, and puts his composition book and his pen in the trunk.

Clearing his throat, he says, "Er...I think it only fair to warn you that...er...a rather unhappy vampire is outside somewhere. So...er...be careful."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

To Roland, George says: "What did you say? A vampire? Where did it come from, and whay are you so calm about it? Or is this just another conjuration from the Lord of this place?"
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"WHAT??"

Shana gapes momentarily at Roland and then frowns.

"Listen, Mister; I think the time has come where I really want to know who you are, what you're doing here, where this is and why you had a VAMPIRE in your CART. Actually; start with the last point..."

Shana's hands have risen in front of her in a curious gesture, and there is the hint of a polychromatic shimmer around them
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

OOC: Great Idea! I'll post a link to this thread over at the old thread! :)
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

kintire wrote:"WHAT??"

Shana gapes momentarily at Roland and then frowns.

"Listen, Mister; I think the time has come where I really want to know who you are, what you're doing here, where this is and why you had a VAMPIRE in your CART. Actually; start with the last point..."

Shana's hands have risen in front of her in a curious gesture, and there is the hint of a polychromatic shimmer around them
"Don't even try that," Roland says, his face creasing with displeasure. "If it comes to magic, you're out of your league. I had a vampire on the cart because I was instructed by...my brothers to get rid of her somewhere, and this was the farthest from anywhere even remotely civilized I could find. They told me their security measures were sufficient. Bloody Mists, she does hold a grudge. I hope she wasn't able to tell I'm the one who brought her."

These last two sentences are spoken more to himself than to Shana.

*Could I get a Spot check and a Knowledge (arcana) check from everyone? Success might furnish a clue to Roland's background.
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
"Don't even try that," Roland says, his face creasing with displeasure. "If it comes to magic, you're out of your league. I had a vampire on the cart because I was instructed by...my brothers to get rid of her somewhere, and this was the farthest from anywhere even remotely civilized I could find. They told me their security measures were sufficient. Bloody Mists, she does hold a grudge. I hope she wasn't able to tell I'm the one who brought her."

These last two sentences are spoken more to himself than to Shana.

"Bloody hell...another Vampire?" Tavian says from behind Roland. The two hadn't noticed that the small man had followed them outside.

"Do you think it will just run and hide, or should we be expecting an attack?"

*Could I get a Spot check and a Knowledge (arcana) check from everyone? Success might furnish a clue to Roland's background.
(Spot 0 + 18 = 18, Knowledge(arcana) 0 + 11 = 11)
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Tavian wrote:
"Bloody hell...another Vampire?" Tavian says from behind Roland. The two hadn't noticed that the small man had followed them outside.
OOC: Actually, Roland got his trunk and then came back inside; presumably Shana didn't go out at all.
(Spot 0 + 18 = 18, Knowledge(arcana) 0 + 11 = 11)

Well, since Knowledge (arcana) can't be used untrained I guess Tavian is out of luck for the moment. :? Sorry 'bout that.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain looks at Roland in absolute horror.
"A WHAT?!" He exclaims.

Spot Check:4+11=14
Knowledge(Arcana)0+2=2(ouch!)
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

Spot Check 15 (Roll) + 5 (Ability+Ranks) = 20. No Knowledge(Arcana).
-- Anya Jenkins
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

OOC: As Shana is a mist lost Faerun native, there isn't the slightest shadow of the beginnings of a chance that she (or I 8) ) have the smallest idea who Roland is.

"So your brothers wanted to get rid of a vampire? Didn't it occur to you to, oh I don't know.... kill it? I've never heard such..."

Something appears to sink in and she pauses looking puzzled then looks at Tavian

"what do you mean ANOTHER vampire?"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

kintire wrote:OOC: As Shana is a mist lost Faerun native, there isn't the slightest shadow of the beginnings of a chance that she (or I 8) ) have the smallest idea who Roland is.

"So your brothers wanted to get rid of a vampire? Didn't it occur to you to, oh I don't know.... kill it? I've never heard such..."

Something appears to sink in and she pauses looking puzzled then looks at Tavian

"what do you mean ANOTHER vampire?"
Roland's patrician features wrinkle in annoyance at Shana's question, and he seems about to respond when her second question diverts the attention of both. "Another vampire?" he says blankly. "You mean, another vampire here?"
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

"Well..." Tavian says, turning to Shana, "we may have come across one while we were seperated earlier."

Tavian looks very uncomfortable with the questioning.

"It's hard to say, the whole thing seemed like a dream..." he says with a shrug.
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George speaks up: "There was no other vampire. It was all an illusion. Hopefully, this one is too, but for some reason I doubt it. Now, if the old man is indeed destroyed, that still leaves the question of who rules here."
-- Anya Jenkins
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana glances over at George

"what made you think this...thing... was the Lord of this place? he looked like a farmer to me. Owned his own land perhaps, but hardly a Lord. Anyway, what about the current vampire? Do we get out of here, or track it down?"
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George replies: "Did you not hear the man or thing, itself say he was Lord here? He could have been lying, of course. As far as how to deal with this vampire, I think we should ask the man who brought it here."
-- Anya Jenkins