Staunton Bluffs Episode III: Locura y brujería

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Lord Cyclohexane wrote: Adrian watches as the farmer kneels down next to him. Seeing the blood-stained knife, Adrian tries to lift himself from where he lies on his right arm and crawl away, but each tiny movement blinds him as the needle digs into bone and nerve. The farmer stares down at Adrian, saying "Stop wriggling, ya damn worm..."

Adrian passes out, Avra's laughter ringing in his ears, as he see the knife flash.
OOC: Rafael, let me know if this action is out of line, and if Roland can complete it before Henry Arlington stabs Adrian.

IC: "The devil!" Roland mutters as he sees the knife in the old man's hand, and fires his revolver at point-blank range into the back of Arlington's head.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian gets to his feet with a moan. The first thing he sees is Roland standing behind the farmer with his weapon raised. His eyes widen in disbelief and he stands shocked as the weapon discharges.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
Lord Cyclohexane wrote: Adrian watches as the farmer kneels down next to him. Seeing the blood-stained knife, Adrian tries to lift himself from where he lies on his right arm and crawl away, but each tiny movement blinds him as the needle digs into bone and nerve. The farmer stares down at Adrian, saying "Stop wriggling, ya damn worm..."

Adrian passes out, Avra's laughter ringing in his ears, as he see the knife flash.
OOC: Rafael, let me know if this action is out of line, and if Roland can complete it before Henry Arlington stabs Adrian.

IC: "The devil!" Roland mutters as he sees the knife in the old man's hand, and fires his revolver at point-blank range into the back of Arlington's head.
[Your action is fully legit... Indeed, I had counted with it... :twisted: More tomorrow...]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

The crack of the fired pistol rings loudly through the stables, and Henry Arlington collapses on the floor, a largish hole at the back of his skull. There is no blood to speak of.

Roland turns the old man's body over with one booted foot and kicks the bloody knife away from his hand. "That will clap a stopper over your antics, old goat," he says coldly. Seeing Tavian staring at him, he says, "Better watch him. He might get lively again."

Roland then steps over to Adrian, who has apparently fainted from pain and shock. "Bloody Mists," he says succinctly. "Does anyone have a pair of pliers? I need to get this needle out."
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George watched with shock as Arlington goes down. Looking around frantically, he says: "Either he's not dead, or he wasn't truly the Lord here. Nothing's changed."
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

dead

Post by ewancummins »

"'Alain, we must burn the corn! Please, you have to help me. Salt. If only we had salt enough for it... SHUT UP, YOU DEVILS!'' Moorkroft is pacing and ranting now. He begins stuffing straw and bits of ragged cloth into his ears. ''Mother of Shielding, make them be silent!'' He begins to hack at the decayed remnants of the scarecrow, still shouting. ''I can't think with all this racket,"
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

As you all still look to this new outburst of utter madness, while the old farmer lies there in his blood, the knife cutting lightly into Adrian's left cheek...

Silence.

Then...

Knock

[I assume you locked the stable's doors again after Tavian entered.]

Knock

Something is thrown against the stable's wooden doors.

It's like if the whole building was trembling!

Then...

It's like the air was pressed out of your lungs...

As if the ground was pulled away under your feet...

And somewhere out in the distance, you hear the farmer's voice, crying histerically...

And then...

A sigh of relief.

You awake out of your trance, sweating like if you just had run at full speed.

The threatening atmosphere is gone... Or so it seems.

You hear birds singing from outside.

The stable appears like before the incident.

Yet, not fully...

Instead of the old farmer, the rottem, stinking and broken carcass pf a scarecrow lies there, a small silver bullet lying where its head might have been...

The farmer's blood on the ground and on the walls is gone as well...

Small, black beetles crawl where the blood stains had befouled the wood...
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana stands uncertainly up

"well, that does seem to have resolved the situation sir" I nod at Roland. "Thank you sir!"

I look a little nervously around "uh, could I also trouble you to let me know where we are?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Henry

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon curses and gibbers, swatting at his head and neck.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

"Yes, yes," Roland mutters as Shana thanks him. "We're at...uh...the sign said Arlington Farm." With a grimace he takes the end of the needle in Adrian's chest and pulls it free in one smooth motion.* "Sorry," he says to Adrian's still form. "But I did save your life, too." Standing, he turns with the needle in hand, then drops it as he sees the change that has taken place in the old man's body.

"By the Divine Form!" he says, truly disturbed for the first time. Looking wildly at the black beetles scurrying for cover, he half-shouts, "Could...what...dammo, I need paper!" He strides to the door and throws it open.

*Dex check 18 + 3 (Dex mod)=21--is that good enough?
Last edited by Nathan of the FoS on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian continues to stand still in the center of the room. A baffled look is plastered on his face as he stares incredulously at Roland.

"Uhm....what the hell just happened?"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

OOC Sharon? :D

Shana glances at Tavian

"the friendly farmer turned out to be a lunatic undead, Moorkroft's going bananas, and our new friend apppears to have been caught short..."
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain stands there completley dumbfounded as to what has just happened. Still holding his shovel, he looks from the body of the farmer to the new arrival leaving the barn. He seems to be utterly lost for direction.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

bananas?

Post by ewancummins »

'
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Having rushed out of the stable at top speed, Roland rushes in again, banging the door closed behind him, with a thinnish composition book clutched in his left hand and a narrow-nibbed fountain pen in his right.

"Conditions," he mutters to himself, "Circumstances. My actions...lead to...dissolution?" As he speaks he writes furiously in tiny, cramped handwriting, his gaze darting around the room as he fixes on details and records them. Even Moorkroft's bizarre behavior is nothing more than something mentioned in a word or two and otherwise ignored entirely.