Staunton Bluffs Episode III: Locura y brujería

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

kintire wrote:OOC Sharon? :D
OOC: Well, actually, you see, Roland was talking to the invisible person named Sharon standing just to Shana's right... :oops: ;)
"the friendly farmer turned out to be a lunatic undead, Moorkroft's going bananas, and our new friend apppears to have been caught short..."
:lol:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

[I am so sorry for the recent delay. I am stuck in my travel preparations... I hope, however, to present you something special for tomorrow. Cheers, Rafael.]
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: bananas?

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

ewancummins wrote:''Alain, we must burn the corn! Please, you have to help me. Salt. If only we had salt enough for it... SHUT UP, YOU DEVILS!'' Moorkroft is pacing and ranting now. He begins stuffing straw and bits of ragged cloth into his ears. ''Mother of Shielding, make them be silent!'' He begins to hack at the decayed remnants of the scarecrow, still shouting. ''I can't think with all this racket.''
Alain looks horrified by Moorcrofts behavior, he gives the shouting madman a wide birth as he makes his way towards Roland.
"Pardon Moi Monsiuer...Are you a writer as well?" He asks roland.
"I myself dabble with the pen, as a matter of fact I, untill recent events, have been recording the events of our travels from a fictional standpoint." He says this with a small smirk of pride on his face.
"Speaking of which, I am awefully far behind in my writings..." He then reaches into his pack and takes from within his pen and ink and some paper.
"Not the most ideal office for the creative process is it?"he says gesturing to the surrounding barn.
"Or maybe...It's just perfect." With that he begins to write.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana looks at the two writers scribbling away, then at the bellowing Moorkroft and gives a long sigh. She glances around for Tavian as the potential most sane person around (ooc: :shock: ) and then tries to peek out of the door to see if the birds are still out there. She seems to have discarded her companions as a source of support...
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

"Fiction?" Roland says blankly, not even looking up from his writings. "I never read it, myself." Finishing a last few lines, he blots the paper carefullly and then folds it over itself and thrusts it into his vest pocket. After a moment's hesitation, his fountain pen goes over his ear.

"Will you shut up?" he yells at Moorkroft. "By the Mists, man, what's wrong with you? He's dead already." When his remarks have no effect*, he throws up his hands theatrically and turns toward the door. "What are you looking at?" he says to Shana. "This must be the landscape I would least like to see, if I had my 'druthers. Hold the door, there. I'm going to bring the wagon inside." He steps outside again, grabs the donkey by its halter, and begins to pull it toward the stable door.

*Assuming Moorkroft doesn't respond, of course.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Le Noir Faineant

kintire wrote:... and then tries to peek out of the door to see if the birds are still out there.
As Roland and Shana push the stable's door open, they exit into a landscape that has become silent all of a sudden.

The birds that only seconds before loudly devastated the corn fields are gone, and a pleasant evening breeze blows over the empty innyard.

Right before Shana's feet lie two headless ravens, their blood still siping into the dirty earth.

Roland's cart lies a few feet away; the wooden carriage crushed, the mules gone...

And, clearly visible for everyone inside, an iron coffin with blood stains and clawings all over it...

Open...

Empty...

With that, this Episode ends for now... Until I am back from my vacation.

When the game resumes, two hours will have passed in-game.

In the meantime, the group might want to explore the ruined farm house or just remain where it is, with Alain and Roland writing down what they just witnessed and Adrian slowly recovering from Roland's stabbing...

You won't dare to enter the cornfields, though, since... Whatever exited the coffin -
it might now lurk there...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be the longest pause we have made in this game of ours, but I hope we will all come together again when I am back.

It has been both a pleasure and an honour to me to judge this game for you so far and I am proud and honoured that you stayed with me since last year.

While I'll be hopefully enjoying my vacation, my best wishes to all of you, my friends! Goodspeed on whatever you endeavour!

Your friend,

Rafael

Oh, I almost forgot:

Click HERE for something special to make sure you hunger for the relaunch of our campaign... :wink:
Le Noir Faineant

The Farm House Interlude, DMed by Nathan of the Fraternity.

Please check this tie-in to our Staunton Bluffs game. :)
Le Noir Faineant

Esteemed players,

Time has come to confront the horrors of Staunton Bluffs again...

I have opened the next chapter in your quest...

Please, click HERE!

Happy gaming, my friends!

Yours,

Rafael