Staunton Bluffs, Episode II: Afterschock

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Staunton Bluffs, Episode II: Afterschock

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Lodissio's merciless red eyes meet Alain's, and then turn to Shana and Tavian.

"I awoke right here, his blood dropping on my face."

He gives Alain a strong batch, almost throwing the young man against the wall.

"What is that? - Were we the sacrifices you thought to make to the owners of this cursed place? - Shame on you! I won't guide you any more!"

With that, he pushes you out of the open door, and walks over into the main room, out of sight.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain stares at Lodissio walking away in complete shock and puzzlement. He feels the throb of pain in his back where he struck the wall.
What just happened? He thinks to himself.

"Your abandoning us?" he shouts at Lodissio. He moves to follow after were he believes lodissio went.
"YOU ARE ABANDONING US!!! After inviting us into an ambush at you cottage! after attempting to betray us to assassins who attempt to kill us in the full of the moon! After FAKING sickness to lead us into the hands of a twisted horrible monstrosity and to this place where nightmare and reality are one and the same! You, our guide, our betrayor have the nerve to abandon us in our time of most need of your guidance! You are a COWARD! You have damned us from day one!"
Alain pauses for a moment to catch his breath, his face pitch red in anger at the satyr.
"You Monsiur, are the the betrayor, and for that, may you be damned."
Alain then stops and lowers his head, breathing heavily.[/i]
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian merely watches the exchange, not wanting to get involved in these strangers' battle.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana looks on, still stunned from the dream.

"Wh..what? Lodissio? Alain? what's going on? how did..."

I look away from the body wincing, and notice the strangers.

"wait...you were in the dream..."
Le Noir Faineant

Following the satyr into the room with the fountain, Alain is surprised he cannot see Lodissio any more - the room is empty now except for Stocker's corpse... The only sign of Lodissio could be the open eastern door...

Shaken from a slight wind that seems to come from outside, the eastern door swings open, producing a creepy high tune out of the rusty hinges...

The satyr is gone...

[Map coming around this weekend... So you all don't get too confused... :wink:]
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

A stranger enters the room from an interior door; a pale young man with dirty blond hair and blue eyes, dressed in drab clothing and bearing a musket slung over his back and a rapier at his hip.
He looks about.
"Who are you people? Do you know why the Mists have brought me here?"

He approaches Alain "Greetings stranger. May Ezra bless you. I find myself here unexpectedly. Can you tell me whose house this is?"
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd is confussed. What is happening right now?? Is this a dream? Is this reality?..
I don't undersatnd anything that's happening..Am I going mad??
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

ewancummins wrote:He approaches Alain and addresses him thusly '' May Ezra bless you, stranger. I find myself here unexpectedly-can you tell me whose house is this?''
Alain slowly lifts his face, unable to look into the strangers eyes.
"The hour is unknown, Monsiur..."He mutters monotone.
"And your blessings are in vain." He then turns to the rest of the party and surveys there expressions.
"Well..."he pauses. he then moves to sit on the ledge of the fountain.
"...That's it then."He then sits on the fountain ledge and runs his fingers through his red stained dirty blonde hair.
"We are abandoned..." His eyes drop to the floor and he places his hands, fingers interlaced behind his head.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana squares her shoulders and smiles slightly at the newcomer.

"well, greetings sir. I'm afraid we are as lost as you are. This house appears to be a haunted one that produces very disturbing dreams... but whose or where it is I have no clue"

She puts a comforting arm around Alain's shoulder and gives a squeeze.

"Chin up Alain; look on the bright side. They paid us in advance, and now we can't get to our workplace because THEIR guide abandoned us! money for nothing!"

I wink at him
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The young man says,
"I'm Jamtehon Moorkroft, or Mordentshire-by-the-sea, a priest of Our Lasy of the Mists. I must be here for some purpose as yet hidden. I will help you all if I can."
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

"Perhaps it is best we don't tarry around here," Tavian says, carefully wiping the blood from his garments.
"We have lost our comrades and our guide, yet there may be more horrors unseen that await us if we stay."

He looks around, returning Shana's uneasy smile, and says, "Those of us who have survived this evil are stronger because of it, but we should not allow their deaths to be in vain and allow ourselves to find the same fate."

With that, he gestures towards the front door, hoping that the others will follow his lead and venture out.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian walks into the room, heading toward the group. "I agree with Master Tavian, there's been plenty enough horror here, no need for ourselves to join the dead." As an afterthought he looks to the newcomer, saying, "I'd welcome you, Master Moorkroft, but I fear that might lead you to mistaken this place for safe."

Adrian walks to the threshold of the door, stops, and takes a deep breath. His moves as if to step across, then hesitates, then puts his foot down, still within the threshold. Turning back, shoulders slightly slumped, he says, "Could... could someone else please go first? I'm..." he shakes his head. "I realize it's silly, but I'm afraid... The last thing I remember before waking up inside that dream was passing out just outside this door. It's silly, I know, but I'm afraid to go out, afraid that I might see my own corpse, lying there beside the door..."
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I nod to Adrian and Jamethon

"My name is Shana." I glance at Jamethon "yes, it seems that if you sleep here you are plagued by dreams of monsters and strange people. And it seems these dreams.. can be fatal"

Although maintaining a slightly forced calm facade I am avoiding the sight of the hanging body, and showing no signs at all of taking up Adrian's request
Le Noir Faineant

[So, who opens the door? - Will you leave Nicholas body where it is? - Are you conscient that you can look out of the house because it has windows out of stained glass?]
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamtehon looks out the window.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.