Staunton Bluffs, Episode II: Afterschock

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

get holy!

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft looks up at the girl for a second time. Her greatly altered aspect holds his attention. He drops a loose plank he had picked up.

He begins to intone an Ezran prayer-'' Holy Lady, watch over we who sojourn in the Mists. Let not the Mists of Death claim our souls, but let them be guided into your keeping. Let the unclean things be turned aside. Assuage our sorrow, justify our hope, reward our righteousness, correct our error. All these things we ask of you, our Guardian. ''

Moorkroft does not even inch away from the mists entering the room. He remains still.The act of praying seems to have greatly calmed the man.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

"We have no time to argue with Moorcroft at this point. I too am keeping a close eye on him, however, I do agree that stranger things seem to be happening here so for now he has the benefit of the doubt." Izabela states.

She tucks her dagger away as to not startle the girl. She then lets her hair fall from her hood and approaches the girl.

"May I ask your name, miss?" Izabela asks.

She then remembers the approaching mists...

"On second thought, perhaps you can aquaint with us while we make an escape?" she asks the girl. "Shall we follow her?" she says back to the group...
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Re: get holy!

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote: He begins to intone an Ezran prayer-'' Holy Lady, watch over we who sojourn in the Mists. Let not the Mists of Death claim our souls, but let them be guided into your keeping. Let the unclean things be turned aside. Assuage our sorrow, justify our hope, reward our righteousness, correct our error. All these things we ask of you, our Guardian. ''
I CANNOT... BUT MY MOTHER WILL...

The girls lips move, but the voice seems more in than out of your heads...

Glass breaks very near Izabella's head, and she only luckily dodges the claw of an undead trying to get in...

The girl's eyes fall on Tavian, and for a moment she smiles, then turns, and floats into the rooms on the house's backside... Glowing like a uneasy lantern...
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Intrigued by the actions of the girl, Tavian cautiously follows her into the back room.

He looks back towards his companions and motions for them to follow.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain seems stunned by the girl and the voice she made in his head. After a few moments of shock, he begins to stumble foward and walk after tavian.
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George also follows the girl, being careful to stay clear of the windows and avoiding any stray mist as much as possible.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela shakes the broken glass from her cloak and quickly follows the girl. She turns to see the hand reaching into the room.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

holy diver!

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft follows the girl . His eyes seem intent on her alone. His lips can be seen to move, but he is speaking too softly to be heard.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Le Noir Faineant

[I assume that everyone follows the girl.]

The gloomy figure leads your through the half-opened door to the room where George woke up...

The change of scene comes suddenly and is all pleasant...

With every step you walk away from the door, the howling of the undead gets lower... You can still hear them there... But lower...
The icy cold air does not hurt in your lungs any more...

And your limbs become numb as you walk through this forbidding nightmare...

Then, as you cross the door. you feel like floating for a moment...

And then, all is dark...

You awake lying in a cavern. Is wet and muddy everywhere, and the only light you can see comes from a small, almost burned torch that someone has planted into the ground.

Before you lie four seemingly very old coffins...

All opened, all empty...

You feel your own blood running down on your skin... From two small marks on your throats...
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela looks around the odd chamber, stunned as to how the group came to be here. A hint of fright comes over her when she sees the empty coffins.

She then feels something warm moving on her neck.

Slowly she runs her fingers up her neck, blood smearing her skin, and feels two small marks.

Calmly, but horrified at the same time, she says: "I've been bitten. On my neck. There is blood coming from a wound." She then notices the rest of the group is bleeding too, from the same two marks. "You have ALL been bitten!" she screams, as the horror of the sight overwhelms her.

She falls to the ground on her knees and for a moment just stares at the coffins. She then places her hand on her chest, feeling for a heartbeat...
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

The gloomy figure leads your through the half-opened door to the room where George woke up...
OOC: Does this refer to me? I don't recall George waking up anywhere.

George follows the girl, wary of Mists and undead creatures and finds himself in the cavern with the coffins.

Disoriented, George doesn't notice that he's bleeding until he hears Isabella cry out. He then feels at his neck and stares at his bloody hand.

Looking at the coffins and the bloody fang marks on everyone's neck, George braces himself and looks towards Moorkroft, who he had heard praying to Ezra earlier.

George says, "Now is the time for you to redeem yourself for the business at the door. We've got problems that your god can help with. Be ready."

At that, George scans the chamber, trying to make out where the Vampires might be.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
Le Noir Faineant

[Oh - checked my notes - I am terribly sorry! I meant Adrian! LV, expect an ingame reward soon!]
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian follows the others, walking into that familiar, hated room where he'd awoken, and feels the life drain from his body as he passes out.

He bolts awake at Izabela's scream, throwing his hands over his ears then removing them to brush away the annoying insect crawling down his neck. Wiping his neck again, still feeling the insect, he looks down at his hand to see the smeared blood and realizes there'd never been an insect. Feeling the two small puncture marks, his back locks and he stares at the coffins with eyes unfocused. He mutters lightly, "We need to stop waking up like this," as he sees the similar marks on the others.

Ravenloft: Fraternity of Shadows
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

holey moley!

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft will attempt to asses the extent of his and his companions' injuries. If no one has lost much blood, he will just bandage them with some strips of cloth. If anyone looks like he might be near shock, he will heal them by chanelling positive energy.

Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian wakes in the room with a start. He glances around at the coffins, subconsciously licking his lips. The cold taste of iron assails his senses and his eyes widen drastically.

Quickly he turns away from the others, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

He turns back to them nonchalantly.

"Where are we?"