Staunton Bluffs Episode II: Border Ruins

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Rafael wrote:Shana doesn't react to Alain's attempt, but suddenly opens her eyes and her mouth. Alain will be terrified when he sees that her eyeballs and her throat have sunken into the same reddish paste he and Avra throwed out when they woke up...
Alain stumbles backwards and lands on his seat. An audible gasp can be heard from him as he puts his hand to his mouth.
"Something..."He swallows hard. "That...STUFF is in her eyes and throat!" Alain attempts to fight the urge to throw-up, but ultimatley losses the battle as he throws up on a clear spot of floor beside himself. He takes a moment to compose himself and to clean off his face with his hankercheif, before going back to Shana's body.

OOC:Did her eyes and throat turn into the paste? or is there just paste in her eyes and throat?
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela is franticly trying to awaken another person in the room. She looks over to Alain when she hears him gasp at the sight he sees.

"Alain, take this water and try to wipe her face!"

She gently lies down the person whom is in her arms and removes her backpack. Quickly she pulls a flask out of the pack and throws it towards Alain and Shana.

"Turn her on her side and hit her back! Get the liquid from her throat!"

Izabela leaves her backpack on the floor, stands up, kicks the pack aside and begins to drag the person she is helping towards the door.
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

"Alain, I don't think they'll be awaken until that creature kills them."
"Now, about you, Izabela. You say you're a baker - and therefore not an adventurer, nor a merchant, nor a geographer -, so how did you get here?"

OOC: is Lodissio's body still here?
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

"Now, about you, Izabela. You say you're a baker - and therefore not an adventurer, nor a merchant, nor a geographer -, so how did you get here?"
"The business of which surrounds my departure from Barovia is confidential. The reasoning behind how I am here or why I am here is unknown to me. Kind sir, what is your name? Please accept my appologies for being under the assumption that your name was Avra."

She continues to pull the body towards the door.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

StuckInOrbit wrote:"Alain, take this water and try to wipe her face!"

Alain takes Izabella's advice and proceeds to follow her instructions.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

OCC: Sorry guys - final exams. Just finished the last one yesterday though, so now my life is entirely devoted to gaming. It's a good life. :D

------------------

aving vomited the red paste Avra sees everything around him in a blur for a few moments. There are sleepers and people talking to him... and... it takes him a few moments to come to. When he does and realizes that Izabella - someone he does not remember - is talking to him, he forces a smile but words don't escape his throat. he coughs a few times and is forced to walk into a corner and spit out more of that vile paste. e rinses his mouth and spits again, before turning back to the others.

"Alain... are you alright? I dove under... what about the creature?" The Avra notices the woman is still waiting for a reply to her question: "I am sorry. Your name is Izabella, yes? Namaskar," Avra says, bowing deeply, "I a called Avra and I hail from a monastery in the mountains of Sri Raji."

He then realizes that they are trying to wake the others but are meetign with little sucess. "Where is Stocker's head? Where is Lodissio? Was he taken by the wyrm?"[/img]
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

BigBadQDaddy wrote: OOC:Did her eyes and throat turn into the paste?
[No, the organs are covered by the paste, but have not transformed, as far as Alain can tell.]
StuckInOrbit wrote: Izabela leaves her backpack on the floor, stands up, kicks the pack aside and begins to drag the person she is helping towards the door.
[Means, Shana? :) ]
BigBadQDaddy wrote:
StuckInOrbit wrote:"Alain, take this water and try to wipe her face!"

Alain takes Izabella's advice and proceeds to follow her instructions.
The water, for a moment, washes the red paste away, but the paste returns, like if it was coming from inside Shana once the water has dropped off... Still, you can see that beneath the paste, Shana's eyes are seeming unharmed.
CapN wrote: OOC: is Lodissio's body still here?
[No track of him or Nicholas.]
Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote: "Where is Stocker's head? Where is Lodissio? Was he taken by the wyrm?"[/img]
Suddenly, the southern door is rudely pushed open, and Lodissio, his axe in his hands, storms into the room.

"What is happening here?! - How did you get here?"

[For the newcomers: Lodissio is a satyr, your guide on your way to Staunton Bluffs.]
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain looks to Avra with a forlorn look on his face.
"whatever has happened to stocker, must have happend outside the dream..."He pauses.
"It is no good, the paste will not come clean off Shana's face."
He then see's Lodissio come bursting through the southern door.
"Monsiuer Lodissio! You are alive and well!" He seems genually happy to see him...for once.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd, lies helpless on the floor unaware that the horrible dream is already over.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

[Means, Shana? Smile ]
OOC: I would have thought it would have been Avra's body I was pulling outside. Seeing that he arose and walked to a corner, I will continue my role assuming he awoke while I was pulling him outside.

Izabela looks over at Avra.

"Yes, Avra, I am Izabela Ellesmera, from Barovia. I'm sorry if I startled you. Apprently you awoke while I was pulling you outside."

She then kneels down next to Jarryd.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd finds himself in lying in the desert. The warm wind strikes his body gently, covering hs white clothes with fine sand. The red sky tells him that is already dusk, the burning sun hiding behind the dunes of sand.

He struggles to his feet with difficulty, his body tired as if he was traveling through the desert for days. The wind sweeps the dunes softly as if trying to cover them with some invisible blanket. The sight of the sun in the horizon is beautiful.

A dread feeling however, is present in Jarryd heart. As if something wrong has happened or is about to happen. Only by instinct he turns arround, slowly, the feeling of dread palpable as the sand itself. With a gasp, Jarryd finds himself in front of a destroyed camp. A caravan camp. The once colorful tents are now smoking in the sand, as if every one of them were set on fire and left to burn. Several camels were slaugtered and now lie motionless on a dark stain that covers the yellow sand. Curiously no man or woman is there to be found. Jarryd inmediately recognizes this caravan as one of the seven caravans of Pharazia, his dear uncle's caravan. He wanders thorugh the remains like a lost soul in a graveyard. He hopes not to find anyone, he knows he will not find anyone. Then a voice calls him...his mother's voice...the scrolls, you must find the scrolls...

He had a mission, a mission that will unite the caravans against the oppressor of Pharazia, against the Devil Diambel.

In the horizon, above the dying sun an Angel flies gently in the direction of Jarryd. It is a beatiful creature, his wings as white as the sand in the sea.... His feet are not able to move anymore, and Jarryd stares a the beautiful creature ignoring his surroundings.

It is too late when Jarryd realizes that the Angel flying towards him is indeed a demon, a creature so horrible and evil that Jarryd's heart looses all hope. It lands in front of him and the last thing Jarryd sees are the black theeth of the beast...

Jarryd cannot open his eyes, and hears voices around him. He knows he's still alive. Thank the gods for that, for the future of his family and his land are in his hands alone.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Lodissio looks at you all in a mixture of disturbance and joy.

"Leave the others. They will wake up soon, I think - if they ever return."

He walks over to Jarryd and gives him a strong kick with his hoof.

"What's up with you? - Do you want to get asleep again?!"

[Jarryd now wakes up fully...]

"I don't know how we came here or whatever has befallen us, but I can tell from what I see. Come on, you won't want to miss this."

With grim laughter, he orders you to follow him to the room he came from.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

The eastern door flies open as a bedraggled man stumbles through, back bent in exhaustion, one arm hanging limply as the other clutches the side of his neck. "Finally, I..." His words falter as he sees Avra, Alain and the others.

"No, no, by the Great Permutation, no!" he declares, voice catching as he tries to hold back tears of frustration. "It was a dream, it was just a dream, I swear it was just a dream..." He slumps to his knees, head drooping. He completely fails to notice the newcomer and merely overlooks the headless corpse, smeared blood, and mythological figure as being parts of the continued nightmare.

----------

OOC: Note that only in the dream has Adrian seen the inside of this building. Similarly, he's never met the others in waking life. To him, this has to be like waking from one dream into another dream.

Also, "mythological figure" = satyr = Lodissio
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Rafael wrote:"I don't know how we came here or whatever has befallen us, but I can tell from what I see. Come on, you won't want to miss this."

With grim laughter, he orders you to follow him to the room he came from.
Alain follows Lodissio into the next room to see what has him all giddy.
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela gets up, grabs her pack, and hesitantly follows behind Alain.