Staunton Bluffs Episode I: To the Borderstone

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

DOOM

When the word leaves the woman's lips, the world around you trembles like a beating heart.

DOOM

And the woman kisses Shana on the front, and staggers back to her throne, and looses all majesty.

See the sunset

The woman is visibly shaken, by the earthquake, and by something coming from inside her.

My children, whose mercy I cannot expect - free me, before darkness comes

And she cowers on her withering throne, like expecting your coup de grace, your blow of mercy...
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain looks to the woman in startled panic.
He then nervously looks to the party members as if pleading 'what should we do?'
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

I'll take the sword and shield on the floor and retreat to the last room.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Paralized for a second Jarryd looks at his scimitar in his hand. Is this why I felt I was going to use my sword?? he asks himself, not knowing what to answer to that question. He looks at his surroundings: chaos. He is confussed as everyone in the party is. What to do?

Jarryd grabs Alain's shoulder, "What now my friend?"
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana clutches the scepter as if trying to cling to an anchor, then glances at Avra and Alain.

"I think we should do as she says..."

I swallow

"I think we really don't want to meet her....children..."
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

Thinking again, I attack the woman with the sword.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Don Fernando wrote:Jarryd grabs Alain's shoulder, "What now my friend?"
"I do not know...I for one cannot deliver her the mercy she seeks."
Alain then sees the preist moving in for the Coup de grace.
Le Noir Faineant

CapN wrote:Thinking again, I attack the woman with the sword.
While the others are too startled to do something but to panic and to retreat, Nathan acts with deadly determination.

His sword goes through the lady's chest and pins her on her chair.

But no blood runs from her wound, nor does she appear to have felt pain.

She just keeps moving her lips, sending you the same whispered words as before:

Doom

Then, she disappears - no magic flash, no ray of light, it's just as if she had never been there. - Nathan and the others suddenly realize that they are standing knee-deep in reddish, dirty water.

The water fills every room in the house - and it is going up!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Hurry! We must make for the door!"Alain says to the others as he begins to wade through the reddish water towards the front door.
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Realizing that his size and lack of body strength puts him at a huge disadvantage when it comes to swimming, Tavian takes off towards the front door, hoping to escape before it gets too deep.
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

I'll try to make the water disapear like they did with the flames right after we awake. If it fails I'll follow the others.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

"Wha...!??!" Jarryd gasps as he feels the cold liquid cover his feet and ankles. His white clothes are isntantly stained by the red color of the water. Unable to react fast, he starts to walk towards the others, putting his scimitar away. With difficulty he makes his way to the door, to help Tavian open it and scape this dreaded place.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Temporarily paralyzed by fear from everything occurring around him, Adrian had crammed himself in the corner as the old woman is struck down. He thinks to himself, "Children of darkness and children of Mists? What could that even mean? Obviously that one is a child of darkness, attacking defenseless old women, but are these others just as bad? I really should have gone straight on to Richemulot instead of stopping to tour Lamordia..."

As the red waters rush in, his mind focuses instead on the danger, looking about fruitlessly for any kind of window or similar opening where the water can be let loose from, only then noticing that the next room over is flooding as well. Adrian decides to follow the others, hoping that they know the way.

(OOC: Adrian woke up inside the building and thus has no idea where the front door is)
Aelia Sistithna
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Aelia Sistithna »

As if walking through molasses, the woman struggles up to the door and opens it, just as the sword enters the body of the woman. Too late to slip back whence she came, wherever that may be now, she guides the door silently shut and slips into the shadows. Perhaps one of the others knows a way out of this bizarre place...

OOC: Sorry for the long absence, I thought I had subscribed to this thread, then my computer broke.[/i]
Le Noir Faineant

[This is the old map - the room of the woman is not on it, but the double doors can be seen in the southeastern corner.]

The water keeps flooding into the room, and Tavian is already to small to stand on the ground, but has to proceed swimming...

When the rest of you enters the room you awoke in, you realize that the water is springing from the fountain in its centre...

Again, you seem to hear the woman's voice...

A rain of blood... To drown you...

Suddenly, Alain feels something leeching on his left leg, and the sting of a deep bite!