Staunton Bluffs Episode I: To the Borderstone

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain stops for a moment and yells in suprise.
"Yeaouch! Sacre Bleu! something is on my leg!"
He then begins to move again, hoping to make it out of the house so he may check his leg.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Already halfway to the door, Avra freezes when he hears Alain exclaim. In the brackish waters he cannot see what may be moving around in it... but he'll damn himself if they don't all make it out of this place. Avra srpints over to Alain's side and begins searching the water with his eyes for any sign of movement. With one hand he tugs at Alain's sleeve: "It is time we left..."
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Alain stops for a moment and yells in suprise.
"Yeaouch! Sacre Bleu! something is on my leg!"
He then begins to move again, hoping to make it out of the house so he may check his leg.
The water is the height of Alain's hip, when the young man hastes to the door. Suddenly, he feels another bite.

Before he or the others can act, Alain is pulled down beneath the reddish water surface by a terrible force!

Avra, who had ran into Alain's direction, stumbles over something hard. His leg being like paralyzed, he also looses balance and submerges into the red paste!

The water is thick like pudding beneath the surface... Moving will be difficult, and you aren't able to open your eyes...
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

OOCD'oh

IC: Alain is pulled beneith the surface of the water, in a panic he begins to grasp for whatever may be around his ankle to try and pry his leg free.
A small scream escapes his mouth before he realizes he is under the surface of the strange blood-hued liqued. He then closes his mouth and tries to hold his breath.
Le Noir Faineant

BigBadQDaddy wrote:OOCD'oh

IC: Alain is pulled beneith the surface of the water, in a panic he begins to grasp for whatever may be around his ankle to try and pry his leg free.
A small scream escapes his mouth before he realizes he is under the surface of the strange blood-hued liqued. He then closes his mouth and tries to hold his breath.
A dozen of sharp stings cut Alain's flesh as he drowns into the red paste... In his panic, he catches Avra's arm, pulling the monk down with him!

The water level keeps rising...
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Still clinging to the scepter, Shana tries to will the water away, while moving as quickly as she can towards the door, trying to stay in the group. As Avra and Alain go down, I try to reach them to pull them up, still concentrating on willing the water away, and trying desperatly to see if this scpter has any kind of power
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian tries to open the front door, to escape this terrible place.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

I'm going to die... Alain thinks in his state of panic.
I can't get this thing off from my leg... He reaches down and claws at the object around his leg, digging his finger nails into it, trying to tear it apart.
I must do something or else I will die... Alain begins to feel extremley desparate as he keeps trying to grasp the thing around his ankle. He then pulls himslf closer to the tentacled limb and curls up.
Just a lttle closer... He thinks to himself as he makes an inaudible grunt of effort just before he sinks his teeth into the tentacle, biting down with all of his strength. His face contorts with the rage of desparation as he attempts to tear the limb apart with tooth and nail.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Seeing two of the strangers get pulled down into the water, Adrian freezes, still not sure how to deal with this dream-like reality. But as the two continue to not break the surface, he begins to worry enough to start into action.

"Think Adrian, calm yourself like our teacher taught... Every situation has a solution. Relax and evolve to fit it." Adrian then begins looking around the room as it's slowly filling with water, searching the walls, on tables and examining things floating in the water. He's searching for any kind of thin pipe or hollow reed or something that he can use for breathing while swimming under the red fluid to try and assist Alain and Avra. Hopefully he can find a map/scroll case to rip the bottom from.
Le Noir Faineant

Tavian wrote:Tavian tries to open the front door, to escape this terrible place.
The door doesn't open... And yet the water level is still rising...

A sting, a cry, and Alain sinks into the dark red water, his eyes wide open, his body paralyzed...

When Avra and Adrian reach his position, they are horrified as they realize that their friendly companion isn't there any more!

All that they find, is a water-bathed notebook, and on every page, there is only one word, written over and over, again and again: Marrielle...

Shana stands in the water, her eyes narrowing in concentration... But nothing happens...

Then, a roaring cry, and Shana is pulled into the water by a horrifying, snake-like aberration!

You all can see a fountain of blood springing from Shana's chest when the beast's rusty dagger crosses her!
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Entangled by fear, Tavian struggles to remain focused.
"What can I do?" he asks himself.

Just then, it hits him.
"The fountain!" he says aloud.

Tavian focuses all his energy on the fountain, and those around him will hear him speak a single word which causes them to cringe.

/*Baleful utterance on the fountain*/
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Avra goes under, pulled down by the weight of Alain. He tries to find something to hold on to to pull them up, to no avail. He feels the bottom for this "tenacled thing" for a few moments and then, shooting up to the surface for air, he realises his companion i not there, only a notebook...

He leaves the notebook to the others and dives back down, still looking for ALain.

(If this creature has a hold on me I attack it with my fists - as I have no scimitar... If not, then Shana needs help so I leap for this THING with the knife!!!)
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

OCC: Sorry guys, holiday traveling kept me away from my PC, but I'm back with more time!!

For Jarryd everything is happening too fast; in one minute three of his companions plus one stranger just disappeared under the rising waters. Still Tavian is standing by the door trying to get it open.

I hope he can get it open before we all die here
he whispers.

Without too much thinking Jarryd closes his eyes and focuses on his hands. Concentration. I can do this. A Rope. My hands... they are holding a rope.... The rising waters make it difficult for Jarryd to concentrate, nothing appears in Jarryd hands. Again....a rope, a strong rope....my friends are in danger...

This time as Jarryd opens his eyes again he can see a rope hanging from his hand. As quick as he can, he grabs the rope and ties it to the hilt of his scimitar. With a strong thrust he nails his scimitar to the nearest wall. Then, as he walks towards his submergend friends he ties the other end of the rope to his waist. Almost subconsiously he grabs the dagger in his mouth and jumps into the murky water, hoping that the rope will hold, hoping that his friends are still alive, hoping to get out of this nightmare alive...
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant

Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote: He leaves the notebook to the others and dives back down, still looking for ALain.
Diving into the red water, Avra looses the feeling for height and space...

He feels numb and tired... Is he swimming or is he flying...

The red water fills his lungs...
Tavian wrote: /*Baleful utterance on the fountain*/
Nothing happens as a direction reaction to Tavian's spell, but a second later, the blossom of a flower from the well...

It's a belladonna, the sign of Ezra, the guardian of the mists!
Don Fernando wrote:Almost subconsiously he grabs the dagger in his mouth and jumps into the murky water, hoping that the rope will hold, hoping that his friends are still alive, hoping to get out of this nightmare alive...
Suddenly, Jarryd feels like flying, and hears a snake-like hiss behind him, following him into the red depth of the water... The rope he created with his force of will was turned into a snake!

He plunges into the dark bassin of blood...
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Shocked by the recent turn of events and the completely illogical happenings around him, Tavian does the only thing he can think to do. He swims over to the belladonna plant and examines it (smell, touch, etc.)