Starcrossed: A Ravenloft Comic Discussion

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Phantom of the Sketchbook wrote:I know it's totally off, but for some reason Stephen King's Pet Sematary comes to mind.
I never read the book, so as the King of all Cosmos always says, "We have no idea what you're talking about."
NeoTiamat wrote:Okay.... who is the elegant fellow carrying Alchemist's Fire around?

Also... I *know* I have seen that symbol before, and I think it refers to the Divinity of Mankind, but I can't recall specifically where.
Given that the Phantom took all of five minutes to figure out the veve on the floor, I'm sure you clever people can figure all the visual clues out. :D
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Phantom of the Sketchbook
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Phantom of the Sketchbook »

Also... I *know* I have seen that symbol before, and I think it refers to the Divinity of Mankind, but I can't recall specifically where.
It would make sense if it's the Divinity of Mankind. First off, there's a squared circle within the triangle, which bang-on as a symbol of the celebrants. Secondly, they have a triangle to represent their three different apexes: Experience, Intellect, and Intuition.

I'd also like to add that Isabella seems to have left us a clue (in case anyone else hasn't noticed). Note how on page 33, the alchemist fire is red. As well recall that the alchemist fire in the shop was colored red, as was the fire that burned the house.

Now, note on page 24, panel 5. The fire in our mystery lady's hand is without color.

Was that intentional Isabella?
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Phantom of the Sketchbook wrote:
It would make sense if it's the Divinity of Mankind. First off, there's a squared circle within the triangle, which bang-on as a symbol of the celebrants. Secondly, they have a triangle to represent their three different apexes: Experience, Intellect, and Intuition.
You're close, but not quite there. :D
Was that intentional Isabella?
Let me put it like this... if you people call me on a mistake, I will tell you that I made it (it's hardly fair for you guys to try and track visual clues when I, on occasion, mess up big time). :P
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

The alchemical symbol for squaring the circle...?
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

What I'm wondering now is, what's the light blue alchemical mixture supposed to be? We've seen that one twice now, both in Marie's shop and in the other vial that got dropped.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Pamela wrote:The alchemical symbol for squaring the circle...?
Yes, that's all it is.
Rotipher of the FoS wrote:What I'm wondering now is, what's the light blue alchemical mixture supposed to be? We've seen that one twice now, both in Marie's shop and in the other vial that got dropped.
An unintentional "red" herring. The blue in Marie's lab was just for emphasis, the other vial that was dropped (which was green, btw :) ) was probably just a spare healing potion or something.
The color doesn't always mean its something important, it's sometimes just because I felt like adding some. Otherwise, it'd be way to easy for you guys! :D

Say goodbye to the nice alchemist, all, who is not a doppleganger, a jackalwere, Lord Balfour de Casteele, George Weathermay, or a nosferatu vampire.
Phantom of the Sketchbook
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Phantom of the Sketchbook »

You're definitely giving 'Petite' some personality, what with her "you reconquered the Burningness" and "Thhaaaaaaaaaaaat's because this food looks so good"
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I love Santine. She's funny in a slightly ditzy way.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

That isn't healing, is it? o_o It's injury transfer ... Or else there's something squirrelly about those particular wounds.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

See, this is what happens when you screw around with the base classes. Before you know it, you can't get a level of cleric without some crazy flavored soul of dragon adept sauce and suddenly you're getting someone else's wounds.

And from there it's just chaos. CHAOS.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

She's not injured, guys, that's just blood on her hands. :roll:
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

*Snicker*

I'm still confused about the significance of the injury, but I am sure all will be revealed in time.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Page 49: Well, that was predictable.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Page 50:
If you want to know how those pages haven't managed to rot in Souragne's humidity, the answer is... alchemy.

Doesn't sound as impressive as magic, does it?
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Isabella wrote:Page 50:
If you want to know how those pages haven't managed to rot in Souragne's humidity, the answer is... alchemy.

Doesn't sound as impressive as magic, does it?
Depends...it has a certain Fullmetal Alchemist ring to it when you put it that way.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: