Starcrossed: A Ravenloft Comic Discussion

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

He was going gray when he spoke to her before she went out, too. Presumably, that montage of life-at-the-temple images -- the one after their conversation about the older priest's life and death -- took a bit longer than half a page, in-character. :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

My guess is something like ten years passed. Girl went from age eleven or twelve to late teens or early twenties, whereas Desmarais went from I think late twenties to early forties.

Going purely off of appearance.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Phantom of the Sketchbook
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Phantom of the Sketchbook »

This is assuming that Petite ages at the same rate as human beings. For all we know, she might not.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Interesting ... so she has clerical spellcasting abilities and prays to Ezra ...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

This is pretty good stuff. I'm interested to learn more about the alchemist/shopkeeper person.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Personally, I'm getting curious as to whether or not this girl actually has a name. :wink:

Also, I do hope that wasn't La Maison Soulombre that went up in flames, because losing two FoS headquarters to fires in a row is gonna send our insurance premiums through the roof! :lol:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Phantom of the Sketchbook wrote:This is assuming that Petite ages at the same rate as human beings. For all we know, she might not.
Aha! Someone else who shares my suspicions. I'm holding the theory that Petite is the unknowing host for some kind of dormant demonic entity.

I mean, we *still* don't know what that altar and Papa-Legba facilitated ceremony did, and I put my money on a permanent alteration of Petite.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Page 27 is up. It's always difficult to kill someone off slowly in a setting where any first level priest can walk up and say "be thou healed", but I do have an explanation other than "this is a comic, not a game" (I was a humanities major, so this is par the course for me). Observe the regenerate spell, a spell useless for anything other than repairing plot damage that the character started with. I can think of maybe three or four uses for it in the entire game, one of which is Ravenloft specific, one of which requires you be an ettin, and one of which involves being turned to stone, half mauled by an abyssal basilisk, and then turned back into flesh. But, it does specify that it regrows ruined organs, so that's what they needed in this case.
Anyway, this whole diatribe is pretty useless, with the possible exception of telling you that none of the characters are 13th level clerics.
Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Personally, I'm getting curious as to whether or not this girl actually has a name. :wink:
The girl is called Santine, a fact that comes up... um... halfway through chapter two. Um. It's hardly an earth shattering plot spoiler, so there's no harm in just saying it now.
Also, I do hope that wasn't La Maison Soulombre that went up in flames, because losing two FoS headquarters to fires in a row is gonna send our insurance premiums through the roof! :lol:
Hehe. :D
Hmm, Girot a member of the Fraternity of Shadows? An interesting possibility! But no, that was not La Maison Soulombre, or there would have been a lot more angry illusionists standing around outside. (I could've hardly resisted drawing in Viktor Hazan, were that the case!)
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Page 31 is up. I realize it may be difficult to figure out what's up in the page but I know you all can figure it out you clever people you. ;)
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

She doesn't want to meet with her family? Maybe that ritual was meant to allow her to live happily, free of her past, rather than do something terrible of her.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

*cough*

The little girl was the one badly wounded in the fire, who, unless I miss my guess, was not expected to make it. And yet, she looks perfectly healthy and happy, which is why Santine is freaking out.

Ergo.... who healed her?

This joins "What was the ritual about?" and "Why did Jean's house go kaboom?" as the main mysteries so far.
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Sorry Isabella, I had to.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

OH NOES I HAVE BEEN PHOTOSHOPPED
Don't play with matches, kids.

Page 32 is up. Jeez what's her problem?
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

I know it's totally off, but for some reason Stephen King's Pet Sematary comes to mind.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Okay.... who is the elegant fellow carrying Alchemist's Fire around?

Also... I *know* I have seen that symbol before, and I think it refers to the Divinity of Mankind, but I can't recall specifically where.