Our own Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Our own Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends

Post by Isabella »

Man, it's quiet in here.

Er, my question was, has anyone considered making an adventure off their stories, much like the Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends book?

Obviously, I'm sure some of these are based off adventures originally, and some of the stories wouldn't transfer well to the medium, but I think it might be interesting, especially if the FoS ever wanted to make another fiction netbook.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Our own Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Isabella wrote:Man, it's quiet in here.

Er, my question was, has anyone considered making an adventure off their stories, much like the Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends book?

Obviously, I'm sure some of these are based off adventures originally, and some of the stories wouldn't transfer well to the medium, but I think it might be interesting, especially if the FoS ever wanted to make another fiction netbook.
Very interesting. My own tale, (which I am still working on, it's just a matter of finding all of the spare time to finish it and have someone proofread it), is based off of my own campaign which we haven't played in quite some time, sadly enough.

And yet, a glimmer of hope yet remains as my group is meeting for a session of Ravenloft (run by me) tomorrow night. I figured that having a session on Friday the 13th would be appropriate. So for those that read all of the wonderful fiction here and perhaps wondered, "What happened to Guardian of Twilight?" I'll be returning with more in the (hopefully) near future.

By the way, Isabella... truly wonderful work. I am a big fan of your tales and always look forward to reading more.

And now, this creature spun forth from Mist and shadow must once again recede into the misty evening twilight, and prepare for the journeys that lie ahead...
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Metora
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Our own Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends

Post by Metora »

Thought about this a while, then figured, "What the hey?" Ravenloft is definitely not the only thing I've written fanfiction (er..."pastiches") about, and since I like to play around with a lot of different genres, some of my other stories fit firmly into the category of Gothic-fantasy-horror.