Question

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Question

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I think it's time to consider bringing the curtain down on Evening with the Fraternity as an active campaign. The rate of posting is very low, and at least two of the principle participants (me and Roti) have a LOT of other website related stuff to get through--a situation unlikely to change for the foreseeable future.

I would prefer to at least get through the end of the Souragne meeting, but even that seems like a pretty lofty goal at the moment. Is anyone dying to continue (er, so to speak) or shall I just work up a summary of events and bring the campaign to a close?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

I've enjoyed the game but I think it's had its run. Posting has been very slow and if it's not going to improve due to understandable and unavoidable workloads on you and Roti's part, it's best to give yourselves a break.

I do want to thank you for keeping it going as long as you did, Nathan. I've loved playing Gert. :)
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

I've been kicking myself to get back to this for days now, and I see what you guys mean about the campaign having run down. I'd certainly like to finish the Souragne meeting, if we can. Perhaps we could skip over most of the preliminary set-up, and just move directly to a confrontation with the doppelganger? That'd be a satisfying way to conclude the present scenario, perhaps capped off by a short good-bye at the Maison, and an epilogue for each PC.

The characters needn't vanish permanently, of course. Crow will go on leaking information to the VRS, Gertrude can revisit her role as religious expert for future netbooks, Draxton might write an article on undead for the Frat (i.e. QtR), etc.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

The problem is that the adventure with the doppelganger can take months in itself. Look how long it took us to do the voyage to see Chicken Bone and back.

I think a summary -WHEN you can manage it, Nathan - is best, with a possible epilogue by the rest of us. Mind you, I must admit I'd be hard-pressed to imagine what Gert would be doing in the future, considering the funky stuff that's come up in her last week! :P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Actually, we could just skip directly to the four PCs, plus Chicken Bone and an few NPCs (Dirac maybe?), waiting to ambush the doppelganger. It might even be posing as one of the NPCs -- or one of the PCs, for that matter -- at the moment events resume, saving us the time that would be spent waiting for and/or hunting it down.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

We can skip the building action and just do the climax if that's what y'all are interested in. Even that will take a fair chunk of time, probably, but it's not likely to be more than a couple of weeks or so. One final push could certainly do it.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

You may not know it, but you have readers.

This online story is very close to, or could possibly eventually define, the FoS in game goals and objectives, as well as the plots we'll use.

Yes, I'd like to see a nice ending to it all, like they got married and then had many kids :)

Now: who with who, mmm...

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Whatever is easiest for you Nathan - I'll be happy with that.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

A pity... but I agree it's time to drop the courtain. Perhaps we could pick up later or at another campaign.

I have an idea for an epilogue for Draxton BTW. Like "things got back to normal"
Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Draxton might write an article on undead for the Frat (i.e. QtR), etc.
Interesting. 4th or 3rd edition?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Your choice (and Draxton's), of course. We might ask permisson to cite him as an in-character reference one of these days, but I'd meant that you could write such an article under Serd's name. :D
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Yeah, I got it. That's why I asked: 3rd or 4th edition? I could also do both. I.e make some nice walking dead for 3rd and "translate" them to 4th. Or something on alchemy.
Obviously I'll submit them for the next QtR.

Oh and BTW: Every and all members of the Fraternity (even emeritus) are given permission to use Draxton Serd in their work if it suits them (just don't kill him). With the exception of Socko of course, since he stinks too much.
In fact, I would be honored if you did use him. I'll use him for my next submission on undead or alchemy, but you can use him too.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

We have an audience?...

*looks*

Oh. Hi, guys. :shock: :D

So, I think it boils down to this: Crow needs to have a conversation with the Shadowcloak, then I'll post a synopsis of luring the doppelganger from hiding, then the PCs (including bodyguards, if any want to come) can participate in our big climactic fight, which will be performed on a "cinematic" basis--no dice rolls.

Then an epilogue--everyone can contribute one for their own character, if they want to, and I'll wrap it up for the NPCs.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

I'd still prefer to resolve the issue of Crow's status after the battle with the dopp, Nathan, unless you have a very strong reason it needs to be done before then. It'll let him prove his worth decisively, if he first shows that he's able to flush out an infiltrator the Frat's own security had failed to stop.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:It'll let him prove his worth decisively, if he first shows that he's able to flush out an infiltrator the Frat's own security had failed to stop.
What, Crow is going to swoop in and take all the credit? :lol:

That's OK. The other way is easier to explain chronologically, but if you want to save it for Crow's finale/epilogue we can do it that way.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Indeed! That way, the FoS can kill the VRS spy and show him that a society full of powerful mages isn't easily duped. :)
My DMGuild work!