Le Coq Noir April 11th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"This woman was ready to cure me even if she can do it only once/day and she knows me less than 5 minutes! I would never do that if I could." Thinks Dadrag as he gets some bread.

Looking Dorothea gets his chair a little closer and with a smile asks:

"Really, how a beautiful woman like you decided to do such a risky job?"
Dorothea raises her eyebrow at Dadrags forwardness and pushes her chair back, sitting back from him. "The saem way anyone might come to do this job, they chose to?" She replies dryly.

"Divinity of Mankind you say? A strange vocation for a Martira Bayer." gently his hand moves to a salt shaker and edges to the end of the table. "Would I be correct then in assuming that if I... left this fall off the table, you could catch it before it smashed? Hmm?"

The woman's appearance was starting to make sense now to Hiro, and her choice of clothes.
Looking to Hiro she frowns and shrugs then speaks. "As I said before I studied at the Temple of the Divinity of Mankind in Paridon, but am from Darkon. I don't know why you seem to find that fasciniating. I am probably not the first nor the last to do it." She sips her drink and eats some food.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag moves his chair back as he feels the woman has started to be uneasy and says:

"I didn't want to offend you, I just said that it's strange for a woman do that job. I have chose to do it for money, as the most of us I guess. But still I find it exciting many times and you have the benefit to meet interesting people. I suppose that is a good reason too."
Last edited by VAN on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

tarlyn wrote: Looking to Hiro she frowns and shrugs then speaks. "As I said before I studied at the Temple of the Divinity of Mankind in Paridon, but am from Darkon. I don't know why you seem to find that fasciniating. I am probably not the first nor the last to do it." She sips her drink and eats some food.
"We mean no disrespect. It is just that your weaponry is unusual. Some of it originates from my own homeland." he indicates the nunchaka's "And you seem confident in your abilities. We only wonder what brings you here of all places? There is little of interest."
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"We mean no disrespect. It is just that your weaponry is unusual. Some of it originates from my own homeland." he indicates the nunchaka's "And you seem confident in your abilities. We only wonder what brings you here of all places? There is little of interest."
Dorothea peers at Hiro, her eyes brightening and a smile appears on her lips. "These weapons are standard for Monks of the Divinity of Mankind. I am here as Brother Jurgens' bodyguard. He is at le Maison Soulambre and I am here, waiting for news from him as to what I am to do" thinking a moment then continuing.

"I am not confident in my abilities in as much as I know my limitations and am very aware of my surroundings. Why, a woman alone by herself might wonder what two men like yourselves are doing here, strangers to the land, in Souragne. And one of you having blood on his cloak, hmm?" Dorothea eats a bit more, observing both Hiro and Dadrag warily.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag gives Hiro a meaningful glance thanking him for backing him up. Then hearing the monk's question he says:

"That's a very good point. But I guess you have already answered your question Dorothea, you already knew about us that's why you didn't wonder why I had blood on my cloak last night. You know Brother Roecha too, so I guess he or Brother Jurgens had told you about yesterday, right?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I knew about a party here a few days ago from Jurgens. I've been waiting her since, acclimitising myself to Souragne, until I could join you. Nothing really exciting."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Join us?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Why yes, that is what I am supposed to do, join up with you. I was told to join up with the other bodyguards. Unless of course I am in the wrong place. That means I've been misinformed and if that is the case, I don't see why I should be wasting your time or mine." Pausing she goes on as she stands.

"If the case is to the contrary, I am easily found around the town here or perhaps in my room. Good day to you both." She nods politely to Dadrag and Hiro then walks to the front door and exits.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Wait." Says Dadrag.

"I haven't said that we are not the bodyguards, I have just said that I didn't know that you and Brother Jurgen would join us. We should wait here, as you do, till they finish what they are doing down there. Do you have any idea how much time that will get?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Dorothea hears Dadrag but choses to step outside into the humidity. He wishes to speak more, let him come after me.

Lo and behold he does come after her repeating the same thing.

"Oh hello. Well Jurgens won't be joining us. I was only informed that there were more of you which is why I know of you, though not your names. Just that you were to be returning here this morning early. That's why you saw me there at the hour you returned."

"The length of the meeting, it all depends on what they have to discuss. I am presuming we shouldn't be staying in Souragne much longer. You have to admit there isn't that much to do here. Jurgens won't be joining us he prefers to be with all those intellectuals that with us bodyguards."

Dorothea keeps walking.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes I agree." Says Dadrag. Looking over his back he continues:

"I have left my friend alone and we haven't finished our breakfast yet, so I'll return inside. We will be there if you want us. Have a nice day."

With that Dadrag turns to his heel and heads inside, a half smile has appeared at his lips.

"This woman doesn't know very much about our...sponsors, but she did know more than me. I was sure that they were hiding something, this strange meeting they had these days, the trip to the swamp during the night and their meeting with the strange man at the tree house. Everything has started to make sense now. I'm glad I met her..."

Thinks Dadrag as he reaches their table. Addressing Hiro he says:

"Interesting woman this Dorothea, don't you think?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Yes I agree." Says Dadrag. Looking over his back he continues:

"I have left my friend alone and we haven't finished our breakfast yet, so I'll return inside. We will be there if you want us. Have a nice day."
Looking at Dadrag she nods "Of course, bon appetit. I'll stop by later. Though humid and rainy, I so enjoy the outdoors." Nodding politely to Dadrag she continues walking.

I don't blame him or Hiro for being less that comfortable with me. I'd act the same as well in their position. Helmut warned me I'd get that type of reaction.

Looking up she smiled slightly. The rain had stopped and the clouds were cooperating in parting and giving Souragne a glimpse of the sun. Glory be! Finally the sun. Welcome old friend. An extra spring to her step, she marched on and march she did for the next two hours. She returned to Le Coq Noir and looked to see if Dadrag or Hiro were still inside.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Spying Dadrag and Hiro together, she approached their table and nodded. "Might I join you? My walk is done and I feel like sitting and relaxing. Maybe we can start over again on a better foot, no?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag smiles when he sees the woma return and his smile grows bigger when he listens her words.

"Of course Dorothea, have a seat. Do you want me to order something for you?"

Says the ex-assassin really happy that he can continue his talk with Helmut's bodyguard.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"No thank you, I don't drink. It tends to addle your mind and I like to keep a clear head whether on duty or not. Might I inquire as to who your employer is? If I didn't mention mine already, he's Mr Jurgens." Dorothea tells Dadrag.