The Hut of Chicken Bone: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Oh there are many religions here in this world, you think a world like this could escape the false hope that worship brings? No. I've seen many churches and rituals more than half result in nothing more than tears and for those from ...the other side, well I've heard them speak of a great feeling of abandon as if their god doesn't see them here. I'd say its the same for your spider queen... although I do recall something..." Hiro's mind drifts for a moment and then he shakes himself and rests his arm on the large parcel next to him as he stands "But you wanted to know about Ezra? What about her? I try to ignore conversations that don't concern me and didn't hear your question before. What would you like to know?"
Thinking a moment Tarlyn looks to Hiro "Well is it the main religion of this world. What are the churches beliefs. Judging by what I have seen such far in the places I have been I do not think people worship openly" pausing then going on "What kind of gods do my kind worship here?"
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"Certainly it is a widely worshiped faith, but I would not say any form is the predominant church. It varies from country to country and some allow open worship like Borca while others are silenced in their belief." Hiro smiles

"It is a complex question. There are three main sects of Ezran worship and even then you have to remember that the church of Ezra is just part of religous belief." Hiro notices the word 'kind' in Tarlyn's next question "Why would you worship anything?" he asks as if the question is strange to him.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Odd" Tarlyn says to Hiro "Where I am from there is an Elvish Pantheon and elves worship many Gods. By your reaction I deem there are none here in these lands?"
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"I would not split a religion by race no.... the idea sounds strange to me. But then again you are from the other side so maybe that is common there."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Well in general, Hiro" Tarlyn says "From my world, it is not common for a human to worship an Elvish God. An Elf worships a Elf god most of the time, and Humans worship Human gods. Every race has it's pantheon there."

Curious. There is only this Ezra here? I find that hard to believe. It bears more looking into when I shall have the time
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"Well there is Ezra, the Law Bringer, the Morning Lord and other pantheons. But from my experience it is the shape of dispair that molds the faith and not what a person is."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Coan wrote:"Well there is Ezra, the Law Bringer, the Morning Lord and other pantheons. But from my experience it is the shape of dispair that molds the faith and not what a person is."
"True enough and strangely, where I am from, there is the Morninglord as well. Is he called Lathander here as well? One of the reasons I do not worship is I find it a waste of my time as noone would listen anyways. I have nothing to despair about and you make the bed you lie in so to speak. it has nothing to do with worshipping. I have made my own way all my life and that shall not begin to change".
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"I've not heard of Lathander." Hiro says in response to the first question and then speaks after Tarlyn makes his views on worship

"Perhaps, and I would agree with you for the most part but..." Hiro smiles as a flash of rememberence shines in his eyes "There is always room for miracles."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn eyes light up at the word miracles and he smiles. "Yes" he says with a grin "Speaking of miracles stranger things have happened in my lifetime and shall most probably happen again".

Looking up at the treehouse Tarlyn speaks again "I wonder if our companions have found what they came for with this Chicken Bone?"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote: "Avec tous nos remerciements, j'accepte, monseigneur."*
"Eh bon, bon, m'sieur," the old man replies, sucking absently at his lower lip. (It might be only imagination, but Crow and Serd, standing closest, can't help but notice that Chicken Bone's gums now seem to be entirely innocent of teeth.)

"Je pense...h'm...oui...la madame. Votre patrone est ici aussi. Me dit...que...bon. En le carrefour saurez quel chemin choisir. Acceptez-vous le don?""

*Fine, fine, m'sieur.

*I think, h'm, the lady next. Your patron is also here. She tells me...so...good. At the crossroads you will know which path to take. Do you accept the gift?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude pursed her lips at the bard’s bold wink, but it was pretty clear that it was a charade of prim disapproval; her lips would have curled treacherously if she’d attempted a frown. Cheek, she thought to herself, privately relieved that Crow was handling the situation with his usual cheerful aplomb.

This was momentary however, as he accepted the offer, and she turned back with trepidation to the voodan, waiting to see what would happen now. Brahmbei may be known for tricks at times, but he’s never malicious, she reminded (or perhaps reassured?) herself. Her eyes widened at the mention of her ‘patron’, and she stared at Chicken Bone during whatever internal conversation he was holding. He could be making it all up…

But this was a mere whisper in the background of her wonder and temptation. Years ago she had lost the belief in man’s inherent goodness. She had however been circling around the embers of a remaining hope that she described to herself as childish obsession. Now in this land of spirits big and small, whose ancestral loa reflected her own native faith, she was in thrall of that yearning for some elusive grace once more.

Idiot, she chided herself, even as she nodded a desire she was still unable to express.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Llana wrote:Idiot, she chided herself, even as she nodded a desire she was still unable to express.
"Trop fort, s'il vous plait,," Chicken Bone says briskly, seeing Gertrude nod. "La verbe aussi se demande."

For a moment Gertrude thinks of Mme. Larouche's warning--he follows the old ways...

*Out loud, please. The word is also necessary.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

"Oui..."
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Looking up at the treehouse Tarlyn speaks again "I wonder if our companions have found what they came for with this Chicken Bone?"
"Maybe we should make camp? I've no idea how long a visit such as this could take. The last seer I saw spoke for a full day before revealing any answers. I look forward to our return to dry land, I do not care for such dampness in soil."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Maybe we should make camp? I've no idea how long a visit such as this could take. The last seer I saw spoke for a full day before revealing any answers. I look forward to our return to dry land, I do not care for such dampness in soil."
"I would agree on that, Hiro. The treehouse will be a welcome shelter later when I go speak with Chicken Bone".

Tarlyn looks with Hiro for a spot to make camp.