In Port d'Elhour

Join us for our Halloween celebration
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

George walks into the Inn, observes everyone in there, finds a quiet table and sits, nodding to the serving wench politely, ordering his usual spirits. George appears as a human male 25 or so, aropund 5 ft 9, 180 lbs, rather fit, wearing a dark, tight fitting and long large cloak. He sits , back to the wall , taking everything in at a glance, blue eyes piercing, hard, no real expression on his face. George now observes every patron in the Inn now, their maneurisms, features, possible weaknesses.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Why I even work for Sir Rivtoff id beyond me. I'd rather gut him with my dagger , but alas he does reward me well and suits my purposes, until I outgrow him then I move on. This is a far cry from the last place I was in last year, undead upon undead,Darkon I think the name was. I willingly took the mists. Before it was this village with some devil living in a castle!The devil Strahd was the rumors. This sure is a far cry from 4 years ago in Cormanthyr! Seems like eons ago, CURSED MISTS! This is probably some houses joke on me, leaving me stuck here! Such a strange placew this Souragne, humid and hot , reminds me of Calimport back home. These people seem rather pretentious and obnoxious, silly humans! It is rather good that there are no stinking elves here to kill! Maybe I'll meet some rather interesting folk here to pass my time with.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

OOC: Hey, Tarlyn. I'm putting this here because the action taking place at the Maison is several miles away, and George isn't invited. ;) VAN, Jonathan Winters, Coan, you can meet up with George pretty much anywhere in Port d'Elhour; in the bar from the previous thread, the Black Ship, or the Dancing Hare (both inns).
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

At a table in a corner of the bar, Dadrag looks one more time the empty glass of beer before him and sighs.

"When this meeting will end, I'm bored at this place. I hate the humidity and they have the worst beer I have ever drunk."

Says to himself, while nods to the maid.

"Get me another beer and please, get one a bit colder this time. I'll tip you more if you do."

Looking the maid going away sattisfied, Dadrag notices the new comer. The look at his eyes, his posture, and how he observes everyone are very familiar to the ex-assassin. He masks his smile and turns a bit his body in order to look him better.

"My life can get a bit interesting it seems. It was time."

OOC> I forgot to say you Tarlyn, Dadrag is around 30.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[Ooc George looks around 25]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dadrag

Post by steveflam »

George sits quietly, and observes everyone in the bar, has definitely noticed Dadrag as someone similar to him. He lifts his glass of spirits takes a sip and nods to Dadrag, then sinks back into the shadows, smiling to himself.

Well this should prove rather ineteresting George thinsk to himself, another "problem solver". Now things won't be so terribly boring and may actually prove ineteresting, maybe we can kill some elves! That would make my stay here in these godforsaken mists bearable, just like Sithicus was when I first arrived here! Oh the memories! George smiles. Maybe I'll get to return to Sithicus and enjoy it again.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag nods back to George and getting up, reaches his table:

"Hi, I'm Dadrag, care for some company?"

Dadrag is calm, despite has noticed George's weapons he doesn't seem preoccupied, he is sure for himself."

Waiting George's answer he looks him better, sizing him up.

OOC> If George looks better, he can see the hilt of a big dagger at Dadrag's left hip and if he has high spot maybe he can discern 1-2 smallers too.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Hi I'm George , please do sit. What business might a fellow like yourself have here in Souragne, Dadrag?Might I offer u a drink? All these meetings are so insufferable , but the pay is nice.Mr Rivtoff maybe a little eccentric at times."...........
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag takes a seat and nods to the maid to fetch the beer there.

"Thanks for the offer. Well, I guess I'm here for the same reason with you George. I'm a bodyguard. My boss is at a boring meeting and I'll try to figure out how to pass the day. As for the payment..."

Dadrag looks his new cloak and smiles.

"Yes, I can say it's rather good too. Who is Mr Rivtoff, I have never heard him, he is a merchant too?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"He's just a man who employs me" George says with some disdain in his voice. "If I really wanted to know about him I would know every detail about his personal and professional life, yet I chose not to waste my time in such endeavors. I accojplish several "chores" for him , some trivial others more imteresting to me." George sips his beer slowly taking in Dadrag for the first time, noticing the weapons and cloak. George moves his claok a little ever slightly, so Dadrag can see a handcrossbow, cocked and ready and also a dagger in a sheath on both his arms, along with the 2 sword hilts on his hip.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[Ooc : George listens in on conversations for town gossip, and studies any one he may find of interest, apart Dadrag of course. So Im doing a listen and spot check , Nathan, and I am in the shadows I did show Dadrag by leaning a bit out of the shadows so he could see, but went back to the shadows after]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag doesn't seem to care about George's weapons, he was sure that the man is armed from the first time he saw him. Also he is sure that George will not shoot him in public with the crossbow and he tried or to scare him or worse to impression him.

The ex-assassin sighs slightly thinking: "Amateur". "He has a crossbow and two swords and he believes he is someone and nobody can defeat him. Very important mistake."

Getting a sip of his own beer and says:
"I bet you can learn yes. That's isn't difficult though, there are many... mercenaries who can learn information. The clue is how you get them and most of all how you use them. So, are you new here?"
Last edited by VAN on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[Ooc: Yes I did only show Dadrag the handcrossbow but not to mean to attack him, only to let him know what i have as weapons, attacking in public is not something really "professional" wouldn't you agree?]

George snorts as he answers rather abruptly "Yes, you see Human's are so full of themselves, yet they live short lives, thinking themselves superior to all other races, and that is a mistake many make, those "Filthy Elves" are even worse!!. If I did get my information in the wrong way I probably would not be here right now, would I. As to being new here , no Ive been on this cursed Realm for 4 years now, traveling the mists to wherver they chose to bring me. Sithicus has by far been the best as I got to "remove" may elves and see their foul blood run!" George sips his beer again
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> Agree. Dadrag is sure that George's wouldn't shoot him in public.

IC>"Attention, I haven't said that you don't know how to gather information. I don't know you and your methods, I have only said that is important how to get them and how to use them. As about the rest, I don't consider myself superior to others, I just do my job as well as I can and enjoy the benefits of it."

Taking another sip of his beer, Dadrag continues:

"What do you have against elves? They are pretty rare here. In my homeland, Darkon I have met some but I have never really deal with them."

OOC> Dadrag notices that George uses the term "humans" and not something like"we", or "us", but doesn't comment it for now.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

What I have against CURSED elves is my business. As for the rest I do enjoy the benefits of my "work", altho there are more important things in one's long life than gold, wouldn't you agree?". George sips his beer and contemplates Dadrag a moment. Well finally someone here who might make my stay here filled a little less with ennui as it has been. He doesn't seem as bad as most humans I have encountered or laid to rest.