In Port d'Elhour

Join us for our Halloween celebration
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I sure do, but if anyone says that gold not goes close second, he lies for me."
Dadrag smiles.
"I like you George, You seem... interesting. I don't want to get in your business, but how much do you want to know about these... cursed elves? Do you want to know where to find some of them? I can both get and handle information you know."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

George smiles at Dadrag "Find elves here you say? I haven't been here that long in Souragne, there are elves you say?My day seems to have gotten a great deal better! Might we go and visit the town and maybe see what we may find? Appearances maybe deceiving Dadrag, I find that gold suits its purpose but I nothing more. If I lived to be 60 years old Id say yes gold is very important, but alas to me it is only metal and srves its purposes to that end." George leans forward quickly and smiles wickedly at Dadrag, as Dadrag for a moment sees a dark ebony skinned elf, with long wavy white hair, then George again, before he leans back quickly into the shadows. "Let's go find some elves, and see what this day might bring". George stands up ,winks, leaving a few silver coins to cover the drinks, and heads for the door, looking back once to see if Dadrag will follow.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag gets up too, he is a bit surprised though. It's the first time he sees a dark elf, he has only heard about them when he was in Darkon but he wasn't sure of their existance. For the first time George preoccupies the ex-assassin, he has heard terrible things about drows, that they were extremely evil, cruel and very good manipulators. Dadrag realizes that he should be very cautious with this one. But there is also a detail that the mercenary cannot explain, why the drow reveals his true nature to a complete stranger who has already admited that he knows how to deal with important information. George doesn't seem to care about the conseguences of the revelation of his true nature. It seems that both has understimated each other. Dadrag initially has thought that George was just a simple rogue and the drow doesn't know yet how important is to give such an information for free to someone who has lived for 10 years in Richmulot. Yes, Dadrag is sure that the experience in the land of secrets will be very useful to him dealing with the drow elf.

Following George outside, Dadrag says:
"I'll join you visiting the town and I'll tell you where to find some elves, but I will not come with you there."

At George's quizical look, Dadrag responds:
"I'm not a coward and I have no problem deal with anybody if it's worthy, but in this land, there are conseguences to our actions. I have been through it and I don't want to pass it again just for fun."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Yes Dadrag you are quite right, I just really want to visit the village and acquaint myself with the elves is all" Georgs says with a little ironic humor in his voice, chuckling a little. George laughs under his breath, thinking "Oh this is worth being in this godforsaken place for the last 4 years! Oh the fun I can have here, DAdrag sure seems interesting, I think I'll be wary of him as you can only trust someone as far as u can throw a pebble, ther first time you turna round a dagger is in your back. He would make maybe an interesting drow!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Sure. Just wait a sec. I'll be back soon."
Says Dadrag without of course believing the drow. Then he turns back and goes towards the barman and speaks in voice a bit louder than normal just to be sure George would listen.

"I'll go out for a walk Francis. Since it's late, If you don't see me tomorrow morning, please inform Mr Serd that I was with Mr Rivtoff's bodyguard. Ok? Thank you very much."

Dadrag gives a silver coin to the barman and then goes up to his room. A moment later is back with a long bow at his back.

"It's better being... prepared no?"
Says Dadrag with a smile.
"Are you ready? The elves are in a village not far away from here, near a swamp. We are going on foot, it will be easier for me find the way."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Im always ready, Dadrag. Let us proceed to this village. Were you planning on disappearing tonight, because if you are Id rather you say so now? Its not in my intentions to get lost,unless you plan to mislead me elsewhere and leave me lost?Will we be hunting?IM no good at hunting I fear.My emplyer would be so disappointed if I went lost, oh dear. I only wish to visit the village, nothing more. A little sight seeing is always good for the soul, and you get to see new places and new people, isn't that exciting!" George says to Dadrag with a knowing smile,when Dadrag comes out of the Inn, then starts walking slowly, so he can walk side by Dadrag to follow him.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Oh, don't wory, neither of us will get lost. I know where the village is, despite I have never been there. Here is is the fun, walk near a swamp tracking down people without get lost. But since this isn't the best place to be, I got my bow so I can defend myself better if necessary. Also, I have to say something, near the village I know there are some elves, I don't know how many and if there are humans too. I have only heard that exist there some elves that get herbs from the swamp and sell them to Darkon. We will see, I believe in 2-2,5 hours we will be there, fortunatelly it hasn't rained these two days."

While walking, Dadrag keeps an eye on the street and one on the drow.

Curious that the rumors he has heard about the existance of the drows from the outlander elf in Nevuckar Springs two year ago are actually true, the ex-assassin tries to learn a bit more about them. So asks:

"George, you are 4 years here, but where do you come from? And have you ever been to Darkon?"

OOC> BTW what time of the day is it? Afternoon?
Last edited by VAN on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Im not from Darkon or anywhere in these cursed Domains, so how far is it to the village you say? 2-2 1/2 hours indeed. I have been to Darkon briefly, but left rather abruptly Im not a big fan of undead. So enough about me already, what else si there to do in Souragne and why do you seem so uptight about this elf village? All I want to do is visit and see the sights,nothing more, Dadrag". George smiles sweetly and keeps walking.

He chuckles to himself "Ah humans such a strange lot, wanting to accomplish so much in so little time, pity they dont live 500-600 years old, maybe they would be different in their pursuits of power and knowledge. Oh well such is as it is meant to be. Maybe when we get top the village I'll have a little fun, it has been so boring working for that sop!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"And who likes undead! There so many kind of them, I prefer much more deal with living creatures. As about Sournage, it's nothing to do. For the record, there are two races: the workers, who work very hard and the really richmen, the elite, who do nothing but owe the land. That's why I was so bored I have nothing to do here and think, that Port d'Elhour is the biggest town! I hate also the smell of fish there and don't speak about the mosquitos. Well, mosquitos are everywhere. Except of the port there are only plantations out there, actually the village we go is, I suppose, the only one here. As about being uptaight isn't about the elves, but about the swamp. You never know what might gets out from it, including undeads of course. That's why I want to be back before dark."

OOC> While walking, George might notice (I suppose he has high spot) that Dadrag's cloak slightly changes color, getting the one of the environment.
It's the cloak Draxton has made for Dadrag as his payment, it has "chameleon skin" casted on.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Yes I have noticed these infernal mosquitos indeed, and no matter who you are it isnt wise to be safe out after dark whether anywhere in theses cursed lands, wouldn't you agree? Well I can see" George says only loud enough for Dadrag to hear " That Draxton pays well enough" nodding at the cloak appreciatively. "Rivtoff believes gold to be importnat like may humans actually do, so that is how he "rewards" me. Trinkets such as those(nodding at the cloak again) can be rewarding enough, mre so than gold anyhow."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Oh, I agree in both statements. Despite my combat experience, I prefer much more being in an inn the night. There are exceptions of course... As about gold, if I want money, I can get it myself too. No need someone else to actually pay me with. But a cloak... it's much more useful in our days."

The two adventurers exit from the port and go down the dusty flagstoned road of "Les Tristeppas", passing many bridges. Some of them have carved legendary creatues at their sides. Despite it's afternoon, some oil laterns are lighten, making easier for them walking and see the light forests of cypress and oaks at the drier areas and notice that the forest become denser near the swamp. They see also a few plantations in the distance, they discern the main house of the owner and some of the bright colored smaller houses around it.

After 2.5 hours they manage to see the first poor-looking wooden houses of the Marais d' Tarascon.

"We are almost here. In 2.5 hours, as I have said."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

" My thanks Dadrag, it shouldnt take too long to walk around, then head back to town, our employers might actually appreciate us being around.Its amazing they can relieve themselves without anyone's help or even tie their shoes for that matter!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag smiles.

"Totally true! Actually they are capable to do many things themselves, but... no they prefer stand and command. Fortunatelly, my employer is a bit better than the others, he do many things alone. He pays me well and he doesn't ask much, just accompany him where he goes and interfere if necessary. Yeah, I have to admit that it's easy and a quite a pleasure working with him. Now lets move."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

George nods to Dadrag and follows him, alert to any sign of trouble. Ranger or not it's always preferable to be ready for trouble, mking it easier for when the trouble finds you, then you are ready! "My employer finds me a novelty which is fine by me, he does pay well enough so i can further my skills and "equipment" so to speak....." George smiles knowingly and tries to step where Dadrag steps.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

It's easy for Dadrag find the abbandoned plantation at which stay the elves. The houses bright color has been fade through the years and some doors and windows are broken. The ex-assassin walks cautiously closer, hiding behind a tree in order to have a better look. Dadrag discerns 3 elves going towards the swamp not far away of them. All of them have long bows and two of them have long swords. The third one has a green cloak with some leaves on, a kind of scythe hangs at his belt. The elves seem unaware of their presence.

"Now what?"
Says Dadrag in low voice.

OOC> The elves are two rangers and a druid.
- W H A T ! ? !