Personal Study: Attending to Matters

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Personal Study: Attending to Matters

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Leaving the lecture room, the grey-skinned wizard slowly makes his way through the collection of people outside. Some faces are immediately familiar, while others take a few moments to be recalled. However, Anthony Reuland provides each of them a courteous nod and a few polite words to those that acknowledge him. Finishing with the pleasantries, Anthony leans lightly on his bronzewood cane and continues down the hallway.

Anthony passes by a couple more rooms. In one room, the preparations are being made for one of the evening’s lectures. In the other rooms, Fraternity members casually gather to discuss their most recent studies and accomplishments. Brushing some loose strands of dark black hair, Anthony moves on with a slight smirk.

"Some members have made some impressive accomplishments," Anthony says quietly to himself, "and others have been impressive in their lack thereof…"

Continuing to the end of the hallway, Anthony turns the corner and stops at the door to his personal studying. Tracing a sigil on the door, he dispels the protection abjuration and enters quietly.

"You’re late," a silken voice softly reprimands from within the darkened room.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

"Perhaps," Anthony casual replies as he enters the dimly lit interior of the study, "but I was interested in hearing Brother Buchvold’s theories concerning belief and arcane magic. While this initial presentation was elementary in its principles, I would daresay that the potential is great. In fact, I asked him to drop by after his lecture to discuss it in greater detail."

"Always business with you," the owner of the silken voice responded as she lightly herself off of a plush, velvet divan. Sliding silently through the darkness, she moves to the large window behind the desk and pulls the through drapes aside. The room lights up as the outside light filters into the room and dispels the gloom.

"Unfortunately, Christelle," Anthony chides the young woman as he moves around the large wooden desk and sits in the chair behind it, "we cannot all have the luxury of pursuing our pleasures whenever our whim dictates it. However, there will be plenty of time to hunt more enjoyable game after the next couple of days."

Christelle sighs softly as she moves past Anthony and back toward the comfortable fabric of the divan. She absent brush away the long, brown curls that tumbled down in front of her lightly tanned face. Green eyes fixed upon the man across the desk from her.

Ignoring the look, Anthony continued speaking. "I trust that you have made all of the arrangements for my cargo to be delivered safely from Hazlan? You do realize the importance of ensuring that nothing harms this shipment."

"Yes" Christelle replies with another sigh, "you have been very clear that it must arrive alive and undamaged..."

Anthony smiles widely as he removes his tinted glasses and places them atop the desk. Looking at Christelle, his amber eyes burn with dark ambition.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Buchvold comes through the study door. He is only slightly late, due to asking a few brief questions of Brother Rocchea. Continuing on through the door, he greats Antony with a smile. He is carrying the small notbook, antony noticed earlier. Also, somewhat suprisingly, he is also appears to be carrying some form of board.

"Greetings again, Brother" Buchvold says to Reuland, raising his hat to the tiefling.

Noticing Christelle, Buchvold tips his hat to her in turn.

"And you are?"
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

"My apprentice, Christelle" Anthony replies as he looks up from a rather large and apparently old tome, which sits on the desk in front of him. Strightenly back into his seat, Anthony dons his tinted lens and looks at Buchvold and then to Christelle. "Thank you, my dear. You are free to go for now. I'll send for you when I need your services."

A faint scowl crosses Christelle's face as she rises from the divan. She looks at Buchvold for a moment and then turns to Anthony and nods slightly. "I be outside working on your inventory then..."

Christelle walks past Buchvold; sparing him just a brief glance. Despite being the Honored Brother's apprentice, she walked with a strong gait and an extraordinary grace. It didn't take an observant eye to notice this young woman was no stranger to physical activity. Leaving the room, she pulls the study door closed, which latches behind her.

"Do not mind her," Anthony continues, "these events always leave Christelle in a dour mood."
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Closing the tome and moving aside, Anthony looks to Buchvold and smiles faintly. "This needn't be a formal affair. I would like to think that we can freely exchange concepts and ideas here, especially since we are free from interruptions."

Anthony motions to an empty chair near the corner of the desk. "Please, sit.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

"Certianly." Buchvold Does as the Honored Brother surgests. He sits down, pulls out his notebook, and then launches into discussion with the Tiefling.

He knows that the real reson he came here can wate a while

OOC: Ok Jason, I think that's far enough. The rest of this conversation can be done by PM.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

The discussion carries along for some time as both Brothers share their notes and theories. After the session, Anthony closes his notepad and looks to Buchvold.

"Not as promising as I had initially hope," Anthony continues, "but we certainly have made some head way. I will get in touch with you again should I find anything out."

Christelle enters through the door and holds it ajar for the departing Buchvold.

"I would hope," Anthony mentions to his departing guest, "that you would do the same for me."

Not waiting for a response, Anthony lets Christelle usher Buchvold out of the study and close the door.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

"Did you learn what you needed to know?" Christelle asked nonchalantly as she latched the door and moved across the room toward Anthony.

"Brother Buchvold has a lot of interesting theories," Anthony replied as he tucked his notes into his tome and closed the thick book, "but we are scarce on practical applications at the moment. The idea of creating and controlling a fiend would undoubtedly grant the master considerable arcane power. Unfortunately, the amount of faith and/or belief to create such a fiend..."

The grey-skinned wizard sighed softly as he leaned back into his chair. While he was only in his mid-thirties, a profound weariness hung upon him.

"Needless to say," he continued as his female companion sat down upon the divan, "it will take a considerable amount of time and energy. Neither of which we have a lot available."

Christelle nodded solumnly at her master's words. Taking a deep breath, she turned her gaze away from the proverbial storm that raged within the man and toward the literal storm that raged outside the window.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

A few hours had passed mostly in silence, only broken occasionally by the sounds of thunder in the distance. Anthony poured through several books and his most recent notes from the earlier lectures and discussions. The door opened slightly as Christelle, who stepped out on another of Anthony's errands, peeked into the room.

"The storm will be severe tonight," Christelle mentioned with a wide smile and an energetic tone to her voice. "According to the announcement, the roads are impassible and many brothers will be staying here for the night."

"Is that so?" Anthony replied with less enthusiasm than his apprentice. Anthony removed his glasses and gave the bridge of his nose a hearty rub. "Very well, then. I suppose that I should check on the others and ensure that everything is in order."

"If nothing else," Anthony continued as he finished locking his notes and books away, "I should make sure that Ambrose doesn't indulge too heavily this evening..."