In a bar at Port d'Elhour

Join us for our Halloween celebration
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

In a bar at Port d'Elhour

Post by VAN »

Dadrag paces a bit nervously at the port while looks disappointed the few boats floating and the few people messing around. This place should be the most popular at this land, but it was nothing comparing to Martira Bay or Port a Lousine, the two big ports he has visited till now. Listening the people at the tavern, one would expect to see something particular, amazing.
Dadrag waves his head, the only amazing thing in this sweltering swamp is the idea these people have for their land. How could it be possible that they believe that, can't they see around them?

Having nothing better to do Dadrag enters in a bar, orders a cold beer and looks around. Observed as always he needs only a moment to notice the two men who are sitting at a table beside him. Actually he has already met them earlier when he was with Draxton. The wizard has presented them to him but soon after, they all continued their walk. It's not only their appearence that gets the mercenary's notice this time, it's the strange ring one of them is wearing. Dadrag has seen this ring before, worn by the man who presented himself as "Curwin" a few months ago.

Curious as he is, the ex-assassin decides that it would be interesting knowing them. Maybe in that way he can learn some information about Draxton too. Dadrag has't forgotten that Curwin and the wizard have something in common and they were in the same party 6 months earlier.

With a smile he nods to them inviting them to join him.

OOC> You can come now and Buchvold can take his leave for the frat meeting later if he wants.
Last edited by VAN on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

8:30 AM 9th April.

This place is a good find thought Raphael Buchvold to himself. Certainly better than I'd expected. The wine is quite passable. I must remember to pay another visit if ever I return to Sourange

He notices the man who had just entered the bar.

Interesting. A Knowledgeable man, if I'm any judge. The kind who always like to know just what is going on. It is a shame that none of them call Leechburg home, they are by far the most use as informants.

He walks over to the ex-assassin, wiht the redoutable Hiro following.

"Bozour, my friend" the Borcan speaks reasonable Souragnien "And you are?"

OOC Dadrag might have heard of Buchvold. The mage has criminal conections, and serves as one of the few people who will fence magical items. If Dadrag opperated in any of the four tower nations, he might know the name.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Since Dadrag doesn't speak Sourangien,he only guesses what the man says judging the expression of his face. So he responds in Darkonese.

"Hello, I'm Dadrag Sotris, we have met a couple of days ago. I was with Draxton Serd, I'm his bodyguard. You should be Mr Buchvold and you Mr Hiro right? Please stay for a drink if you like."

OOC> I run things a bit, so I figured that a couple of days ago Draxton and Dadrag bumped into Buchvold and Hiro, so Draxton presented them to the ex-assassin. It would be easier for me that way and since Port Elhour hasn't many places to go it wasn't impossible to meet them.

OOC2> I rolled local Richmulot 8, so despite Dadrag has lived for 10 years in Richmulot he doesn't know him. But Buchvold might know Dadrag too, he was a rather famous assassin that's why Draxton knows him, Dadrag has worked for him.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro seats himself quietly and orders a strong ale. Shifting into Darkonese he speaks his greetings

"Thankyou, yes I am Hiro Harako. Although may I ask what brings you here? It seems to be the... season for journeymen." he places emphasis on the last part giving a sideway glance in Buchvold's direction
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

VAN wrote:Since Dadrag doesn't speak Sourangien,he only guesses what the man says judging the expression of his face. So he responds in Darkonese.

"Hello, I'm Dadrag Sotris, we have met a couple of days ago. I was with Draxton Serd, I'm his bodyguard. You should be Mr Buchvold and you Mr Hiro right? Please stay for a drink if you like."

OOC> I run things a bit, so I figured that a couple of days ago Draxton and Dadrag bumped into Buchvold and Hiro, so Draxton presented them to the ex-assassin. It would be easier for me that way and since Port Elhour hasn't many places to go it wasn't impossible to meet them.

OOC2> I rolled local Richmulot 8, so despite Dadrag has lived for 10 years in Richmulot he doesn't know him. But Buchvold might know Dadrag too, he was a rather famous assassin that's why Draxton knows him, Dadrag has worked for him.
Sotris.

I remember hearing about him. Pierre LeStrade was supposed to have hired him once. He was one of the best at his... profession from what I heard. My contact in Richemulot said that he has not been seen there for quite a while. So this is were he's gotten to.

What in our lady's name is he doing working for Serd, and as a bodyguard, of all things. A man of his reputation would not be short of people willing to pay for his services and surely some of them could pay better than Serd. So just what is making him work as a bodyguard instead of his more traditional job?

Who says that he is working as a bodyguard?

All this passes through Buchvold's head whirlst Dadrag invites Buchvold and Hiro to linger. He looks slightly annoyed at Hiro's remark. Shifting to Darkonese he replies.

"I fear I can not stop to have another drink. I have to leave right now, as you know" he nods to Hiro.

"A plesure to meet you however, Dadrag Sotris."

He leves the bar, but Hiro remains.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I totally understand sir, business comes first."

Turning to Hiro says:

"We journeymen have indeed much more free time to spare. I'm Draxton's Serd bodyguard, but it seems these days here he doesn't need my dutys so, here I'm in a bar at this... fantastic place, drinking a quite cold beer."

His last words are in a bit louder voice, Dadrag hated warm beers.

OOC> Hiro will for sure notice that Dadrag has a rapier and chain shirt, not the best weapon and armor for a bodyguard.
Last edited by VAN on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro seemed remarkably out of place as a body guard himself, wearing only a long grey coat and rather ordinary travel clothes he seemed to lack the armor one would expect. Resting at his side is a wrapped up pole just over 1 meter in length. It is covered with a sort of brown paper and tied with string.

"I understand. But tell me Sortis-san, if I may ask, why do you undertake such work? The weather here reminds me somewhat of home but it is still ...untenable when you could be elsewhere, no?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"True. But you know, sometimes when you want to change row, you can't follow the river."

Dadrag looks his new dark green cloak and says:

"Draxton Serd pays rather well for my services and I can say that at least till now the dangers are far less than my other job."

Noticing the absence of the classic bodyguards weapons and especialy of armor, the ex-assassin says:

"What about you my friend, you seem a little... out of place too."

While speaking, Dadrag sizes Hiro up.
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Dadrag looks over Hiro but the man's strange aura seems too alien, his stance is unassuming and not ready for battle, something any body guard should be, yet Dadrag could not shake the feeling something was hidden there.

"I am used to not fitting in, I'm a wanderer. That was how I met Buchvold -he needed help in a expedition. But you mentioned a prior, more dangerous job?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Oh yes, I'm a skilled ranger, I suppose quite similar to wanderer. I was with a party and we were trying to explore old caverns, find lost relics etc. The last few months we had no job though, fot this reason I accepted Draxton's offer to do his bodygurad."

Dadrag gets a sip of his beer and continues:

"So, this expedition, have you found what Buchvold wanted? I have an experience on such matters and I might be useful to you too."

OOC> Dadrag doesn't lie, he is a ranger and he trully searched for relics etc. Bluff DC 28 to understand that he is hidding something else.
- W H A T ! ? !
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

[OOC: If I'm interupting anything, then I don't mind if my charry is ignored in this one.]

A soft jingling sounds as the door to the Bar opens. In waddles a figure:

At first glance, the new comer appears as a typical Mordentish noble in his mid 20s. His snow white hair is neatly tied behind his head, on top of which is a tri-corn hat. He always wears a long ebony coat that slightly touches the ground. A pair pince-nez glasses balances on his nose. His shirt is high necked and well pressed. He maintains a clean goatee and has soft grey eyes.

Peaking about the room, he sways over to the bar tender. With a slight touch he closes the door behind them.

It's no Blue Rose, but at least its out of the bloody swamp. Is there anything those vile insects don't eat?

His behind folds over one of the Bar's chairs, the ends of his jacket dangling about. His body moves back and forth a little as he sits. His arm swings over, his hand snapping impatiently for the bar tender.

"Tender! Whiskey! Tuit Suite, I'm dead from the bloody trip."

His voice has a booming, yet uncaring quality, and his Mordentish accent stands out like a spike.

[OOC: Listen 29 (18+11).]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro gives a slow glance to the new comer and then returns to face Dadrag

"He did find something... but I do not feel it prudent to speak of such things here." he takes a sip of his newly delivered drink "For such a 'secret' organisation, members certainly advertise their appearence -would you not say?" he smirks slightly
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag notices the newcomer too. It's weird, says to himself, many nobles have come to this place and all at the same time. This meeting of Draxton should be rather important. An interesting detail to know.

Without being surprised that both men who carried the strange sigiled ring were members of a secret organisation, Dadrag nods and says:

"I agree."

Taking a sip of his beer the ex-assassin continues:

"So, how is your drink? I doubt that in whole Darkon you can find such a warm beer. I can barely drink it."
- W H A T ! ? !
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

[OOC: With his listen check of 29, I'll gander that the new comer would have heard some bits and pieces of the conversation.]

The newcomer leaves a pair of Mournpiece upon the counter for the bar tender.

Tipping is a luxury I'll save for the Core.
"For such a 'secret' organisation,
Such a what? Dandy, another Gentlemen's club gone preachy. I Bet they could afford my pri-...wait a second here. Who speaks Darkonian in a Souragnain bar?

He swings around his seat, facing the rest of the bar. He eye-balls the conversation in Darkonian. He smootely lifts off of his seat, and takes a stroll about the Bar.

The women here could stand to be a little more round about the bosom.

Circling all around the bar, he sleakly steals a chair from another table. He pulls it and himself in a slender stride to the table in question. In spite of any akward looks, he maintains a cocky smile. In Darkonese, and without as much but still a strong Mordentish accent, he confidently says to the party of three:

"Now, mates, I think I can already make a guess here, but I'm going to ask you any ways. We're all kind gentlemen, and as being kind gentlemen I think we can all come to terms for this short hour and perhaps discuss a little inquiry I've been having.

Am I the only one that sees a distinct relation between Souragnian Drink, and Cat Urine?"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Coan wrote:"For such a 'secret' organisation, members certainly advertise their appearence -would you not say?" he smirks slightly
OOC: One note on this point--the Fraternity of Shadows isn't a "secret organization" in the sense that no-one knows that it exists; it's a secret organization in the sense that those not members of the organization don't know its true purpose. Hiro and Dadrag would be perfectly well aware that the Fraternity of Shadows is a largish group of academics and scholars who have abstruse and arcane interests; what they wouldn't know is that the Fraternity of Shadows intends to take control of the Demiplane of Dread.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: