In a bar at Port d'Elhour

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
Coan wrote:"For such a 'secret' organisation, members certainly advertise their appearence -would you not say?" he smirks slightly
OOC: One note on this point--the Fraternity of Shadows isn't a "secret organization" in the sense that no-one knows that it exists; it's a secret organization in the sense that those not members of the organization don't know its true purpose. Hiro and Dadrag would be perfectly well aware that the Fraternity of Shadows is a largish group of academics and scholars who have abstruse and arcane interests; what they wouldn't know is that the Fraternity of Shadows intends to take control of the Demiplane of Dread.
OOC: Hiro can guess that they're all up to something though. Something they don't want known. The point he is making is that if the organisation was trying to hide it's rather large appearence, it is failing miserably. Every cloak and dagger entity in the core would know something is up.

Hiro looks over to the man and inclines his head slightly.

"May I enquire as to why you are here sir?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Bugger, I think it's now obvious that the friendly approach is fruitless with these blokes. The lot of them seem to have a stick up something.

The newcomer slides out his hand to shake Hiros. His grip is smooth and confident.

"Jonathan Midwinter, at your services mates. And my services, might you ask?

Purgatory. I am a happy medium and a humble diviner, currently on the road for employment. You blokes looked interesting enough, so I was wondering if there was any room for a spiritualist amongst your...(he says in Draconic) Secret Organization, (back to Darkonian) or whatever you gentlemen perfer it to be called.

Come on, I don't bite...unless your attractive, but that certainly doesn't apply to any of you three so no need to worry!"

Jonathan widens his smile.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro does not shake the man's hand but instead rises and bows, as is his custom.

Smiling for a brief moment, he returns to his seat.

"Then you are in poor luck Midwinter-san. We are not of any such thing. We are simple guides and proctectors for hire."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag pays a cold look the newcomer, he hated when someone overheard his discussions. However, remains silent as Jonathan speaks and only nods remarking Hiro's words.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Yeesh, rough crowd Jonathan thinks to himself. Midwinter-san? Is that some sort of speech impediment? It's not any accent I've heard before

"I'm terribly sorry if I mistook you fine gentlemen for a different group. In the mean time..."

Jonathan reaches into his coat and springs out a box of cigars, each with a slender, long black holder. He offers them to the group, starting with Hiro.

"Care for a smoke gents?

Now, I bet as guides and protectors, you've been guiding and protecting someone of great significance. Bet you've had your fair share of troubles being said guides and protectors too.

If you're interested, gentlemen, I'd like to do some business with either you or whomever you may be protecting."

From out of Jonathan's glove drops a silver talisman in the shape of an eye.
[OOC: If there's anyone who cares to, an appropriate Spellcraft check might reveal that Jonathan uses this talisman for his Divination spells]

"I believe that we can have quite the mutual relationship...for guiding and protecting purposes of course."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag declines the cigar's offer, but the spark which appers at his gray blue eyes reveal that he was considering the idea to present this man to Draxton. However, the tone of his voice is still cold.

"My name is Dadrag Sotris and I clearly don't need any divine guidance or such, but I know someone who might be interesting. What do you really do?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Jonathan slightly tilts his head to the left, his cigar lit in his smirking mouth.

"Good meet Monsieur Sortis! Mind if I call you Draggy? Ok Draggy, have you ever heard of the field of magic otherwise known as Divination?

My trade is information. If you are looking to find, discover, uncover, recover, recollect, research, redirect, or learn of something, be it anything, then I am your man.

Not only that, but I am also a Medium. Don't know how much you gents believe in the spritiual world, but I'm a praticed Stygian Attendent, if that means anything to you mates. I've worked as a spiritualist many a time in my life."

Jonathan instinctually goes to sip his whiskey. His face looks sour as he forgets just how warm his drink is.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As Jonathan leaves his glass at the table, Dadrag graps his wrist and twists it a bit in order to provoke him some pain. The mercenary cannot stand such stupid jokes and despite this strange man might be useful, the ex-assassin wants to make things clear at the beggining. His face is extremelly calm but the icy, evil look at his eyes underlines his words:

"My name is Dadrag and if you dare to call me otherwise one more time, you gonna meet your spirits sooner than you have imagined. All clear mate?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro gently claps his hands for a moment

"As is always the case, one should obey the proper protocal." looking around he notices a few heads quickly turning away, moving closer to the two he whispers "But I think we should both calm down and talk in respectful tones -we are causing concern. Would you not agree Sortis-san? I am sure he meant no disrespect." he looks to the grasped wrist

There's always a pecking order, whichever continent you're on.he thinks in observation
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag pays another cold, warning look Jonathan and finally releases his wrist. Then, as nothing had happened sits back at his chair and gets a sip at his own warm beer.
- W H A T ! ? !
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Jonathan's wrist feels cold and brittle. It's apparent that he is by far not a tough person: it would have taken Dadrag not even a pound more of pressure and his wrist would have snapped.

In spite of this, Jonathan does not squirm in the slightest. In fact, he looks rather intrigued...if painfully so. For a brief period of time, he doesn't even seem to be paying attention. "mmm, neat ceiling" he says. Something is definately not right with him in the head.

In his own mind, Jonathan thinks to himself: Lets see here. Draggy is violent, unintelligent, brazen, and most of all Darkonese. Yes, there's no doubt about it: he's religious. Wait...oh he must be one of Raines' Baptist Ezrans, and order of Ezra known for its....Noooo...surely Dadrag isn't a member of the Castroli? Oh dear, no wonder he's jealous of me.

As soon as Dadrag releases Jonathan's wrist, Jonathan beings to peer away from the ceiling and back to the other people at the table. He slouches slightly in his seat.

"I believe Monsieur...sorry I didn't get your name mate. Was it Sedwick? You look like a Sedwick.

Either way, there's been a just point made that we be discrete."

Jonathan stretches, peering for a second other at a waitresses buttocks. He decides he'd rather not, and then turns back to Dadrag and Hiro.

"Terribly sorry if I got you all rough-and-tumbled there Monsieur Sortis."

I think Draggy would perfer not to known exactly where my wrist has been

"Can I offer you another drink? Or shall we directly delve into business?"

Jonathan taps his cigar, dropping a dapple of ash upon the ground.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag looks at Hiro in order to see what he was thinking about Jonathan. Unable to get a hint of the samurai's thoughts he continues with professional tone:

"We cannot delve into business yet, because I should speak to the man I protect about you and how you can be useful to him and then if he agrees we will arrange a meeting. It will take some time to do so, how long you will be at this city?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro sits down silently and listens, gently he begins folding something with the napkin.
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Undead Cabbage »

I really, REALLY do not want to spend long here. Looks like I'll have to find a place to stay tonight.

"However long you need, Monsieur Sortis. Granted, there may come a point when my time table is filled, so I wouldn't reccomend doddling."

Jonathan pulls up a second chair and lays his feet upon it. He looks around the room:

Too Large. Too dirty. Too dirty. FAR too dirty. Might do...if she lost a few. Too dirty. Too...that's a woman? Too Large. Blast it, I'll never find a place to stay here!

"When might we hear word from said man you are protecting?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I don't have many things to say, he is a merchant. When we will leave this bar I'll go to his room and talk about you. I know that he is pretty busy these days, but if he is interested he will find some time to meet you. I suppose the same thing goes to the man Mr Hiro protects too."
- W H A T ! ? !