Cast of characters 2 - where are you?

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Joël of the FoS

Cast of characters 2 - where are you?

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Viktor's going to jump in there soon.

Please post where are you now, and what did your NPC did since the infamous Halloween event.

Gratias,

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Joël of the FoS

Viktor Hazan: quickly moved to Souragne after Halloween; with most FoS elders based in our former manor, and I regrouped there with also many junior members of the Frat.

The elders worked on setting a trap on Van Rijn and eminent members of the OUotG.

Meanwhile, in order to keep their spirit up, I also focused the junior members energy on a detailled FoS Souragne Report. This report is the first of many reports we will make in our search of the traitor.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Lauren Hartly is currently in Port-A-Lucine, spending his time in libraries researching various theories involving positive/negative energy, the way they interact with the world and their uses.

Directly after the events of Halloween, he found himself a guest of some rather high up members of the Fraternity who wanted to discuss his loyalties in light of comments he had made long before Van Rijin's betrayal. He was released and given access to some rare archives as a reward for his aid in saving Lord Balfour.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Yay! Looking forward to seeing Hazan again! :D

Gertrude is presently in Port-a-Lucine, talking to the Ezran priests there. She's also begun to send out feelers looking for the Shadowcloak, talking to Hartly and (probably) the Countess, as well as research at the library.

After Halloween, she went home to Paridon to tell everyone about what happened, then went to Lamordia. From there she went to Nevuchar Springs to meet Raines for private research on his sect, as well as get info on liches. She's had some correspondence with Draxton Serd and met Crow. January she made her way to Dementlieu to talk to Countess Karla von Lovenhorst who's suggested Shadowcloak as a potential sponsor.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

The bard's been one busy boy. :wink:

Immediately after the Manoir's destruction, he ran down the leads he'd gotten away with (the file folder and autograph), but encountered only dead ends for one reason or another. Having lost the lich's trail, he knew he had to re-engage with the FoS -- whom, he's decided, he'd rather see clean up their own mess for a change; too many of his allies in the VRS have been led into peril by the vipers' ploys, over the years, so it's high time the Frat got a taste of its own medicine :twisted: -- so he set up his (painful, but worth it) confrontation with Buchvold, to ensure that at least one valid member would vouch for his own legitimacy. Despite how they rub each other the wrong way, he and Buchvold have come to an "arrangement" that neither is likely to break, for various reasons ... at least, unless better offers materialize, in which case things might get a wee bit messy for whichever one thinks slowest. :wink:

Together, Crow and the Borcan developed a backstory to account for his absence from the official FoS records -- the "Il Aluk survivor" pretense, which should suffice for deflecting any lower-ranking members' prying questions; as for high-ranking Frat officers, he's got other ideas to muddy the waters in a pinch -- and he struck up a dialogue with Kingsley to see if this discerning, yet inexperienced scholar could poke holes in it. As a female and a non-wizard, she's vulnerable to being discredited in the eyes of her superiors, so that's how the bard can ensure her silence if she does uncover a gaffe in his story ... that is, if he can't win her over as a friend. (He'd prefer the latter: he's impressed by, and rather likes, the professor.)

Apart from meeting Kingsley, Crow spent most of December racing from one end of Darkon to the other on his Phantom Steed, checking for signs of imminent Doomsday Device activation. (His previous appearances as an NPC in my table-top campaign, when I ran the Death-trilogy modules, gave him a reasonably good idea of what he'd need to look for.) As that's not where Van Rijn actually is, he accomplished nothing more than to make his limp worse for a while, but he couldn't possibly gamble so many innocent lives, merely hoping Death hadn't had time to construct another Device since Halloween. (Sucks to be the only Good guy in the game at times, doesn't it? :wink: )

As nobody's yet taken me up on my offer (still open) to drop in on other dialogues for the weeks to follow, I'll assume that the bard spends most of his time between contacting Kingsley and whatever Nathan's got planned for the future exchanging letters with Buchvold (who lost touch for a while) and Kingsley ... and playing the "good guy" side of the fence, for a change. Don't worry about him blabbing about the Frat's activities, BTW: he's well aware that almost nobody connected with the Van Richten Society is up to taking on a lich of Van Rijn's caliber -- let alone, one armed with a Doomsday Device! -- so he's not going to pass on any information to his real allies that would provoke them into getting themselves slaughtered. However, if the moderators would like to pass on relevant information through channels that the FoS leadership aren't aware of, you guys are more than welcome to use Crow as a conduit for rumors that the VRS may have dug up, as to recent malign activities hinting at the lich's whereabouts or doings.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

I will indeed be able to take part in the PbP again. At present, I am waiting for a few responses to PMs. After I recieve the replies, I will post about Nathaniel Hawke. Thanks!
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Rafe Mclaren (Who sadly was delayed on his way to the manor that fateful night) is currently lost in the mists tracking a serial killer. Hopefully a mist way will open up leading him to Sourange and the rest of the FoS....Or my job will slow down enough that I have time rejoin you all again :wink:

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Cast of characters 2 - where are you?

Post by alhoon »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote: Please post where are you now
Joël
Could you better describe "now"? Draxton and Dadrag are at Jan 12th...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

Since October, what have you done :)
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Update: As it never takes Crow long to find additional ways to get into trouble, he'll be appearing in Mordent in February, hopefully running into Nathaniel Hawke while he's there. Prior to that, the little dickens will also be encountering -- or at least spying on :wink: -- Serd and Dadrag in early January, assuming VAN's and alhoon's plans synch up with mine.

Beyond that, who knows what the bard'll get up to...? If either Buchvold or Kingsley need his help, he'll be there; else, he'll mostly be consulting his VRS colleagues (whose own network of informants probably doesn't overlap very much with the Frat's) for reports of lich-activity and/or the construction and charging of another Doomsday Device, as I'd previously mentioned.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:Since October, what have you done :)
Dadrag was in Darkon with a party of adventurers searching the evil necromancer Gordon who was hiding in a crypt and animated zombies. They managed to kill the necromancer. Then he went to Viaki, there arrived Draxton’s letter.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Rotipher wrote:Update: As it never takes Crow long to find additional ways to get into trouble, he'll be appearing in Mordent in February, hopefully running into Nathaniel Hawke while he's there. Prior to that, the little dickens will also be encountering -- or at least spying on :wink: -- Serd and Dadrag in early January, assuming VAN's and alhoon's plans synch up with mine.

Beyond that, who knows what the bard'll get up to...? If either Buchvold or Kingsley need his help, he'll be there; else, he'll mostly be consulting his VRS colleagues (whose own network of informants probably doesn't overlap very much with the Frat's) for reports of lich-activity and/or the construction and charging of another Doomsday Device, as I'd previously mentioned.
I think we can arrange a meeting. Crow can send Draxton a message and ask to meet him in Darkon or elsewhere.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

As he has shared with the Farternity in general Draxton has traveled to Darkon. He claims he is looking for ways to battle undead and in specific the Unholy order of the Grave. He fished out a rather valuable book on undead that he studied in Richemulot and that now is ready to share with the Fraternity. He has kept the original and will give a copy of the book.
In order to study the undead he was fighting, he let some of his hirelings to die just to inspect it... That earned him a lost power's check. He claims the mummy cursed him.

All these can be found in the letters he sent to the Fraternity.

Also hunting personal power, he has contacted a powerful ex-assassin (Dadrag), close some deals while in Richemulot (while studying the book etc) and arranged the death of a rival Lord (a wererat).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Okay, folks. Time to move things along, at long last. :-/ If those involved in Darkonian machinations could please wind up their conversations, we will proceed to the general Fraternity meeting in Souragne, where any number of interesting encounters may occur:

Buchvold will get to make a presentation to see if he advances a level;
Prof. Kingsley will get to meet her potential patron, Tarnos Shadowcloak;
Crow will get the chance to put on the performance of a lifetime;

and there will be massive opportunities for subterfuge, double-dealing, and clues to the location of that arch-villain, Erik van Rijn.

Coming soon to a message board near you!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

YAY! I'm back in England, and able to start writing and posting once more.

Meeting! Meeting! Meeting! :P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude