The Banshee's Tears, Har-Thelen, Sithicus

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

The Banshee's Tears, Har-Thelen, Sithicus

Post by Moral Machivelli »

January 25th

In a small, inexpencive restaurant in Har-Thelen, it is a normal day. Guests come, partake of simple fare, and leave. There is nothing at all elabourate about this place, but it has a warmer atmosphere than most of Sithicus.People talk to each other here. It is good

However, one guest (who arrives at about midday) seems only to be waiting for something. He rebuffed all sugestions of food, asking only for a small glass of wine (In slightly broken Sithican) He wears a black travaling cloak, atop the traditional clothing of a Borcan Nobleman
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Raephael Buchvold survyes the scene, whirlst taking a small sip of the wine.
Brilliant he thinks to himself. The elves have their faults, but they quite certanly make some of the best wine I've ever encountered.
For a moment, the Borcan forgets the naging sense that something is wroron that has persisted since he arrived. For a moment..
Damn, he thinks I must learn more of other lands in future. I really should be able to anticipate this sort of thing
Dispite the assurences of his conscious mind that it is all an illusion, yet another trick of the watchers in shadow;Buchvold's subconsciousness can't help but feel something is wrong, but he just can't identify it.

Yet another area in which I know nothing the illusionist inwardly fumes If it hadn't been for a single lucky meeting....

I really must educate myself further about other lands. I will be travaling to many of them, and at present know so little as to be boadering upon frightaning.

Like that damn Vassi street slang... If it wasn't for meeting a Vassan a little later

Buchvold's thaughts returned to the present day, as he wonderd where the person he had contacted had gotten to.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

At the same time a man is sitting patiently in the corner of the main room. He is a man who seems at once to be both out of place but completely unassuming and part of the bar. He is not physically threatning being of shorter than average height and slim build. He wears a long coat covering inner travelling garb. He was obviously foreign, not being an elf, but something more than that as well.

The man seemed to be doing something at the table that was attracting the attention of several elves nearby. This was what was unique. A human in a Sithican bar not being talked down by elves but being talked to by them.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Intriguing thought Raphael Buchvold. Just as Tor said. If it wasn’t for what the Vassan said about this man…

You would never think that this man, is a warrior. to look at him

Look at how he talks so easily to those elves. The man could become a diplomat for any country with ease.

The Illusionist gets up from his chair, and approaches the man in the corner. He speaks in Rokuma, in order that the other inhabitants of the restaurant do not overhear the forthcoming discussion

“Mr ..Hiro? I’m pleased to meet you sir. I am Raphael Buchvold.”

He holds out his hand in order to shake the warrior's hand, sigil ring showing
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro Harako stood and looked at Raphael's hand. Clasping it gently he turned it palm up, looking at it Raphael saw a small parchment paper crane had been placed in his hand. Apparently this was what Hiro had been making at the table earlier.

"A pleasure to meet you sir." Hiro speaks before bowing, nearby one of the elves seems to grumble at the interuption and saunters off "Excuse the others, they are naturally displeased by the interuption." the man explains raising himself up. He does not add 'and your race' to the explanation but Raphael can realise this himself. "I believe you wished to speak with me on a matter of some importance. Please, sit down."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"Thank you" replies the Borcan Illusionist

That explains it. He thinks as he sees the small paper crane. The elves are easily charmed by a sufficiently exotic culture

He looks at Hiro

"Now, let us be frank. I require someone to help me with a certain problem. This personage must posses a strong sword arm. “

"I have heard excellent reports of you, Mr Hiro. If you accept this job, you may name your fee”
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"I am honoured you believe I am up to the task Mr Buchvold. My charge is 1000 gold crowns. If you could please explain the objective I would be delighted in helping you."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"Very well." smiles the Brocan Illusionist "500 Gold Roses now, 500 at the end of this little matter, in addition to a bonus of 100, if you provide exceptional skill."

"The task is simple. North-east of here, their is a small hill. Set in the base is a statue,appearing to date from approximately 730 BC. It is a replica of Laars Skolsson's Vistana . I stumbled across a note, whilst searching the archives of documents I maintain, in order to verify... something . It says, that such a statue, is supposed to guard the entrance to Darson's strong-house"

"Darson was an explorer; rather a good one in fact. He supposedly constructed this place, in order to secure several artefacts he... acquired over the course of his career"

“As you can see” The Borcan gives the swordsman a clear view of his Fraternity ring “I am a member of an organization, a group of… Academics, who study arcane secrets. We are known as the Fraternity of Shadows, and we are currently at civil war.”

“One of the artefacts in that complex would prove indescribably useful to me, and my allies, those who remain loyal to the organization. The rest, I will either keep myself or sell. As a gesture of my good faith, you may take any two of the items within for yourself, with the exception of the... principle objective”

“I will explain what I know of the complex when we reach it. For now; suffice to say, if should not prove insurmountable”

“Do we have an agreement, Mr. Hiro?”
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hire nods "I believe we do. When shall we depart?"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"No time like the present" beams the Illusionist as he rises from his seat. "The ground is too rough to use my carriage, but I am used to hiking across rough terrain"
The Illusionist gives the swordsman 500 crowns contained within a small velvet bag, and turns to leave the restaurant
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro rises from his chair and bows to the elves, one of the elf maids moves towards him and embraces him, even her slender body almost over towering his. He whispers something into the elf's ear and she nods before returning to the others.

Hiro then turns to follow Raphael out. The only visible weapon on his person is a darkened wood katana sheath hanging from his left side, poking out from underneath his coat. He didn't even seem to possess any armour.

Hiro had never heard of this Darson and very little of the Fraternity of Shadows. As he recalled they had been more secret until recently when their civil war broke out. It was most difficult to keep large secrets in times of war and academics made strange enemies. He wondered, as he was oft to do, if the old curse 'may you live in interesting times' was applicable to him.

Despite his size he was soon side by side with Raphael, it was odd that he didn't seem to even speed up to reach him.