When do we start?

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Do not wait for us!

We wanted to retart it but it seems we are way too busy with other projects to actively DM this as we did with the Halloween event.

Either start when you left Souragne on a misson for the FoS? Something with the pursuit / spying of the UOotG or Van Rijn? Or a mission to recover stuff in our Richemulot Manor?

You know the plot, and the bad guys. Go on, we'll jump in :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

All right then! Guess the first thing we need to do is see where everybody is, so we can get ourselves in groups and decide what they're doing.

Gert's presently at the Darkon/Lamordia border, planning on heading to Nevuchar Springs.

Who's near Richemulot, and possibly going to be involved in finding this odd statue?
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Draxton is in Darkon investigating the UOotG in a ... special way. :wink: He is moving to Martira Bay to take up a special ally of him (the player of Van) and perhaps to meet with Getrude.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Buchvold is in Lechburg, chaseing Crow.

After that's over, he might try to salvage stuff from the Manoir, or find the statue, but only if asked to by another FoS member.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Crow's got a couple of "appointments" with other PCs lined up, already (assuming the Borcan doesn't skin him alive first, right MM? :wink: ). The last of the Buchvold/Crow posts is coming as soon as I can kick-start my brain a bit; after that, we should probably discontinue (although not lock) the Epilogue thread in favor of starting brand-new threads for each location or encounter of interest (good idea there, alhoon!).

Oh, and it would also be a good idea to include date/place stamps on future posts, to make sure we don't mix up who's where and when.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

I will be returning to the boards and posting here as soon as the holidays are over. It's kinda hard to get into a dark, brooding mindset with Jingle Bells and White Christmas playing on the radio. I hope you guys don't mind, but it will be after the 1st that I return to my gothic horror roots. Until then, the best of holiday wishes to all of you.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Not a problem at all Guardian; most people are going to be gone or goofing off till then anyways. But Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you- and to everyone else! :D
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

When are we right now?

For Draxton it is at least 16 December. Since he is from out of Darkon, how long he has been there is extremely important. Also he knows about the Darkon claiming people, so it isn't 760 for him yet, since he plans to leave for Dementlieu before the new year to be safe from the drain...

So the "hotel in Martira Bay" thread is probably between 16-25 December of 759. Llana, have this in mind if you plan to drop in. Or if Getrude plans to visit Darkon in 760, notify me OOC, so Draxton can send her a letter telling her his new location.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Make sure to add dates to the beginning of such encuonters, and then when the discussion ends, you're able to know what day it now will be in relation to everyone else.

Assume Gert is already in Darkon now; She was waiting out a snowstorm in Lamordia. She's either heading back to the border or possibly Paridon before her month is up. :)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I think we have no chance to meet her now, both Gertrude and Draxton are in hurry to leave Darkon but for different directions. I hope next time they will have better timing :lol: so we can make a party!
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Llana wrote:Make sure to add dates to the beginning of such encuonters, and then when the discussion ends, you're able to know what day it now will be in relation to everyone else.
Done! 26th December 759
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I'll be getting my character together soon and probably start him off somewhere in the southern parts of the core however this is changeable with his travel.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Hi all!

Sorry it took me forever to wrap up my side of the Buchvold/Crow subplot on the Epilogue thread (which we can probably consider "retired" now, although locking it's not necessary). Just in case anyone's read the lastest submissions and has been wondering, roughing up the bard was my idea, not Moral's. :twisted:

After a few days of recuperation, planning, writing that bogus letter to Kingsley, and screwing with Buchvold's head, Crow will spend the weeks before Darkest Night 759 (December 21st, I assume?) tearing across Darkon on his Phantom Steed, frantically seeking any possible signs that the UOotG's already charging up a Doomsday Device. (He hopes they haven't had enough time to build one since Halloween, but he can't risk being wrong.) After the Solstice passes without incident, he'll certainly collapse for a few days from sheer exhaustion and relief, but he might drag himself out of bed long enough to deliberately meet up with Gertrude, or to run into (or eavesdrop on, if the other player agrees :wink: ) somebody else by chance.

For January 760... who knows? The little rascal might get up to nearly anything, assuming Buchvold doesn't stick him with some other crappy legwork to do; with Phantom Steed on his spell-list, he moves fast overland and could potentially pop up almost anywhere in the northern or western Core.

[BTW, in the long term, we as a group might consider -- if the moderators are interested, of course -- staging another mass pbp game at the end of IRL April, if we care to do anything on the scale of Halloween's Torch-The-Manoir event again. That's when the in-game FoS holds its biggest meetings, isn't it...? Just a thought.]
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow