Grand Dining Hall III

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Grand Dining Hall III

Post by Moral Machivelli »

The Dining Hall is a thing of opulence and grandeur, but now a place filled with memories of fear and betrayal. It was here that the people have been divided into two factions, pitted against each other to the death.

Once a deep crimson carpet covers the floor from wall to wall and a single large curved table cut a semi-circle through the centre of the room. The hollow middle of the semi-circle was set aside for servants to rush to about and move freely, seeing to the needs of the diners. No small fires spread along the outside of the room while the grand table has been pushed towards the door to bar any entrance.

The white tablecloth draped over the table burns readily now and the ivory and silver cutlery covers the floor in small heaps. What were once the finest of porcelain dishes in the city are shards of broken plats and bowls. Entire place settings have been overturned in a mass of broken plates and spilt food; the result of the recent mass panic. The once flawless carpet is now pockmarked with stains.

Set up against the back wall, by the straight section of the table, is a large stage that has been set-up for the speakers. A single wooden podium has been placed in the middle of the stage. This was where Erik van Rijn made his announcement, that half the people in the Manor are traitors to the Fraternity!

The centre ceiling, once decorated with a small chandelier , now boasts a gaping hole to the large Fraternity library and a small growing pile of rescued books sits in the middle or the room.
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Buchvold starts talking throught the hole." Whoever you are, try and get the dining room fortified. Bar the doors. Make sure everyones ready. We'll unload a few more books and then we'll join you."
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

OOC: Joel, excuse me if I seem to be stepping on your toes- feel free to give me a warning if I’ve said anything untoward. :P

Viktor passed a hand through the wild mess upon his head, trying to figure out where to begin answering. “One thing at a time- yes Serd, we’ll open the door for this, but we lock it quickly. The zombies may still be quite a distance away but we don’t know where the wolfweres and traitors are.”

He turned to unbar the door, still evading the question about the plan. He wasn’t certain after all that van Rijn was so mad as to actually be considering that, and didn’t want to demoralise their supporters more than they must already be under the circumstances. As he prepared to answer the easier question about the wards he whirled around at the great clash of glass from the dining room. The message which followed was not reassuring. “Everyone into the dining room!” He quickly slammed the doors shut once more and sprinted into the remains of the earlier banquet.

“What has van Rijn taken?” he asked, his primary concern.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Buchvold dumps the Bound scrolls.(OOC The Undead Sea Scrolls) through the hole at that moment, and hears the question

"Some type of plans, I think Sir. Then , Useing one of his few remaining spells, He opend up a channel of whisperd comunication, between himself, and Viktor "For something called the Doomesday Device. Guessing by the name, I Don't think it will be overly good for our health. We believe also, that it is possible that he may have undergone...A Certian Transformation. " The inflection in his voice made it perfectly understandable what he meant. " I think you'd best warn me. What does this device do?"
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

OOC: posting on behalf of Tobias and alhoon who asked me to cover for them in their absence. No, I'm not schizophrenic...:P

Hartly followed everyone into the dining room. He heard the command and turned to the Fraternity brothers that had joined them. “Lock and bar all doors but that to the Grand Entrance. We don’t want to get ourselves trapped, and there’s still members out there- we can’t afford to endanger them. I also have a couple of spells which can help to seal those doors if there should be a sudden attack by the front.”

Serd sighed as a long-cherished script disappeared. Perhaps the Fraternity can compensate me, if we survive this. Certainly worth a shot… He took one more glance at the approaching zombies, and again, a flicker of greedy interest rose at the obvious power of necromancy. He was very grateful that he was invisible so that none could see his expression.

He joined the rest and nodded at the command. He still had his web spell too, but after Hartly’s hint could afford to put aside casting it, and revealing himself, a little longer. He began to gather together the books, not wanting to be caught at a door and having to attack.

The other Fraternity members began to move about the room, locking doors, and pushing tables across the room, balancing chairs to hold them in place. The draperies which were beginning to smolder with flames were ripped down and stomped upon, and the glasses and pitchers of various liquids which still remained intact were poured upon them and others. They gathered remaining bottles, pitchers, and even the melting ice sculptures to put them in corners around the room, ready for use as makeshift fire extinguishers.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Mayhew Donovan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Mayhew Donovan »

The door between the Dining Hall and the Smoking Room shuddered violently as the zombified Donovan threw his weight into the barred portal.

Beside him the three remaining wolfweres attacked the frame savagely. The wooden door cracked and splintered violently.
[/i]
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"Hold Them Off" Cries Buchvold from the Hole. "We're almost done up here."
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

At the attack on the Smoking Room door, the members there called to nearby brothers for help in reinforcing it, and to be prepared for an attack.

Gertrude cast invisibility upon herself and raced to stand in the centre of the Grand Entrance Hall. She looked around at the halls leading to the armoury and the kitchen, while also sparing glances at the windows to see where the zombie army was going. “The army is almost here- bloody sun, van Rijn is with them!” She moved to stand back in the doorway to the Dining Hall. “Get ready!”

Serd called up, "Stop what you're doing now! They're going to attack any time! And van Rijn is with them!
Last edited by Pamela on Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Hartly began to chant, walking along the walls and rubbing the gaps between the doors and the walls. Under his touch, the frames fused shut, the doors becoming a complete part of the wall. (Wood Shape).
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

There are five doorways that exit away from the Grand Dining Hall.

The first and largest is the now-charred doors leading to the Entry Hall, this is beseiged by zombies and skeletons, all with the images of skulls in their empty eye sockets.

The second and third are on the Southern wall and lead to the Drawing Room and the Salon. Both have been easily and quickly sealed off.

The forth exit leads to the Smoking Room, the room first retreated to by Van Rijn. This is badly barred and under assualt from the Smoking Room side by the zombified former-FoS member Donivan and any other member of Van Rijn's faction.

The final exit is on the wide Western wall and leads to the small patio and the Manoir's grounds. While this far wall is made predominantly of wide thick-curtained windows and the doors themselves glass, it has so far remained remarkably intact. However, in a prolonged seige, the undead will undoubtely find this side of the building vulnerable.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

"I am afraid that my remaining spells are ill used in this situation." Hartly told the other survivors. "What do we have left? I can dispel any magics they throw, heal once more, see through illusions and slay a single living soul, in addition to protecting myself from their ranks."
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Through the gaps in the splintering door of the Smoking Room, Viktor could make out the feral features of the wolf-weres. “Those armed with cold iron go to defend the Smoking Room door! Holy water and Molotov cocktails at the patio door! But leave some holy water on reserve for the Entrance!” The kindly, easy demeanour had faded away to reveal the wasp, who pulled out his poisoned blade. Van Rijn had much to answer for this night.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Buchvold drops to the ground, Still clutching his box of texts. He whispers to Viktor.
"Listen sir. We can't hold of an armey here forever. I have a plan to afect our escape, but I nead to fix something in the grounds. Hold them off untill my return."

Without another word, the borcan illusionist departed via the back enterence, for the grounds.

OOC Since Van Rijn and his men are all attacking The Fos In the dining room, they would not notice a single absent member in the grounds. Several :Yes one :no. So I wont open up another thread for Buchvold's idea. You'll know soon enough. :D if a dm rules difrently, They can start another thread.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

OOC: Moral, the brothers have barriers of tables and chairs and whatever else they can grab. You'll have to go by the kitchen or armoury halls. Sowwy...
Jeffery Terrence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Jeffery Terrence »

Jeffery Terrence wrote:He took his position in front of the doors and cast his spell. He was growing quite weary and his sorcerer powers were dwindling but his master commanded it.

With a flick of his fingers and a few choice words a crackle of static encircled his hands. He finished the spell and a bolt of lightning shot forth striking the doors and blasting into the Dining room.