Grand Dining Hall III

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude ran into the dining room as she saw Hartly beginning his spell. The invisible woman said, “I’m able to cast invisibility one more time, and that’s about it in terms of useful spells. I suppose we get ready to throw our bombs, unless you want to try to tackle the wolfweres in combat. I myself am willing to pass on that experience.”

She looked up at the huge crash of sound, almost deafened by the explosion of electricity at Hartly's newly-created 'door'.

OOC: Are the doors still standing? And can I assume the lightning bolt doesn't damage us since it had to get through wood?
Last edited by Pamela on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

OOC :evil: No Problem.

Noteing the barricades, Buchvold gives a grunt of impatience. He turnes to the nearest window and fires his pistol strait through It. He then jumps through the newly created jagged hole. Pauseing to produce yet another wand Buchvold tapes the fragments of the glass with it,.

Immedietly, all the fragments flie back into the window, in the correct way, as if it were some kind of jigsaw.

Buchvold smiles, casts a minor canatrip to repair the window, then sprints of into the grounds.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

From the shattered doorway undead begin to slid their way into the room. One or even two at a time the squeeze their way in.

The blast itself tore easily through the weakened wooden doors, as thick as they once were. Thankfully, the Loyalists were all far enough away from the blast to avoid any major damage but those particularly unlucky few may have been knocked to their backs.

Then from across the Manoir comes another sound. Loud and metallic, heavy footsteps crashing on stone and tile. Heading to the Entrance Hall.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

A curse escaped Hartly's lips as he lit one of the moltov's from a candle. He threw it at the coming horde, trying to catch those directly behind the door by lofting it over their heads.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Coat unfurling as he drops, Crow makes his entrance through the hole in the ceiling, landing crouched but on his feet. He springs up quickly and surveys the chaos of the room, then turns to face the ranger, Nathaniel Hawke.

OOC: Is his player here? If they're not coming back, I'd like permission to take Hawke out of the manor with me; it's the sort of thing Crow would do, especially if the place is going to blow up.
Jester of the FoS

OOC - I'd prefer to leave unplayed characters where they are in case he does return.
If he doesn't we can assume he did leave with Crow.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC The player isnt here. and i'm not sure if it's the sort of thing hawke would do , at least not without a good reason. He would probably try to protect the loyalists, and destroy as many zombies as possible. Not realy the running kind.

Oh, and how are you going to get out?
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Using all the considerable vocal power which a bard can muster, Crow bellows: "Everyone! The Library's burning, and the ceiling could go at any minute! Those who can, get out with whatever's worth saving! Non-members leave first, else this place is finished!!!"

Then he grabs onto the nearest two non-members he sees*, urgently telling them: "Cooperate if you wish to see the morning!" He glances out the rear windows, utters one last, melodious sound, and vanishes.

* -- This includes Nathaniel Hawke if his player doesn't object.

OOC: Dimension Door as far from the Manor as he can, so long as his destination is clear of obstacles and undead. If Hawke didn't come, Crow brings somebody else who's not as prepared to face the zombies.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Suddenly three shots shatter the rear windows.Buchvold reveals himself.

"You all heard Mr. Crow. Everyone Get out. I have an escape rout redied, should it become nessecery. Grab all the texts you can carry then get out of there. Fast. "

OOc. Would any of Rijin's allies survive the explosion.?If not then their is no point to what Buchvold has been doing and I can forget it.
Jester of the FoS

And with that the first of the Manoir’s defenders flees bring up the option of retreat to the others.

The Manoir burns, at this point little remains that is salvageable. The fire is spreading wildly across the top floors. The Manoir’s defences are engaging the zombies but a pack of wolfweres still lurks in the Smoking Room making steady progress of breaking down that door.

And there is still the question of the mysterious item wanted by van Rijn and its location.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC I doubt that both the item and Rijin would survive.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

OOC Rijn didn't find the item, somebody else had removed it earlier. But that's not knowledge either of our characters is likely to have; Crow isn't sure if Rijn took it or not, and I'm pretty sure he never told Buchvold about that. (Come to think of it, he probably wouldn't have told him about the "Doomsday Device" theft either ... but Viktor'd independently figured that part out anyway, so it's not much of an issue.) BTW, what was Buchvold doing out there on the grounds?
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC. Buchvold would have seen the Doomsday Device folder over crow's sholder. and how do we know the item isn't still in the mason? we just know it wasn't where Rijin thaught. If you want to continue this argument however lets do it by PM. and leave this thread clear.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude looked around- if Crow was right, making a stand here would be a final one. He who lives and runs away… She turned to the people nearest her. "Get everybody out the back! Now! To hell with the books- there soon won't be anyone left to read them but these traitors if we're not careful!”

She turned to Hazan, casting her cantrip once more. “Get our strongest mages to preoccupy van Rijn till all of us are out- once all members are gone, this place will destroy all the traitors within, including that bastard…We haven’t got any other choice right now!”

OOC: Message cantrip again, so that nobody can overhear... :twisted:
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Jester of the FoS

With that call to flee most know the battle is lost. They tried their best but the Invaders were too strong and too numerous.

A volley of Molotov cocktails clears a path through the Entry Hall where another battle is being fought. Burning zombies fall easily before the blades of defenders. The few dozen remaining guests and loyalists flee while they can. Some duck through the glass doors while others make the charge through the Entry Hall. Those too injured to fight any more are carried or left to die.

But those that can move forward to distract van Rijn and clear the way for the others.