PbP weekend - Q&A

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

When the time comes, I think we should have a "prologue" thread as a part of the new game's board, so people can post bits of What-I-Did-On-My-Post-Fire-Vacation text for their PCs. This would let continuing players bridge the time-gap between the EwtF board's "epilogue" thread, and the moment our PCs step onto the scene of the new game's pbp. It would also be a place for new players to introduce their own PCs' backgrounds, if they wish to present some backstory (or drop some hints :wink: ) for other players' viewing.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Mystery

Secrets and Lies

Post by Mystery »

Anyone who wants give a hint of what their character is up to, without revealing just which character it is , use this account.

Name :Mystery
Password :Password
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Cool!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

I have aquestion to the DM's of this. How is it that Balfour de Casteele could be poisoned? As an Umbra he should have reached the pinnacle of the FoS PrC and is thus ageless (explaining his very high physical stats at his age) and immune to poison and bodily illnesses!

Also I'm in the process of writing up stats for him as an Ill8/FoS10, and have already completed some notes and ideas. (Mostly as an aside to Jacob de Casteele's stats for Deep Shadow's Reckonings campaign). Would you be interested in those notes?

Another question: Who is Abelard Despadon? Is he a new NPC or do there exist any references?
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

The Giamarga wrote:I have aquestion to the DM's of this. How is it that Balfour de Casteele could be poisoned? As an Umbra he should have reached the pinnacle of the FoS PrC and is thus ageless (explaining his very high physical stats at his age) and immune to poison and bodily illnesses!

Also I'm in the process of writing up stats for him as an Ill8/FoS10, and have already completed some notes and ideas. (Mostly as an aside to Jacob de Casteele's stats for Deep Shadow's Reckonings campaign). Would you be interested in those notes?
Balfour doesn't have levels in the FoS PrC. He's a 17th level (?) wizard and his stats are found in Van Richten's Arsenal. He doesn't need to take levels in a PrC to be a member of the Fraternity, much less lead it. Just like you don't have to take levels in samurai to be a member of the samurai caste.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

The Giamarga wrote:I have aquestion to the DM's of this. How is it that Balfour de Casteele could be poisoned? As an Umbra he should have reached the pinnacle of the FoS PrC and is thus ageless (explaining his very high physical stats at his age) and immune to poison and bodily illnesses!
Consider that the treacherous one badly wanted BdC out of the way, because of his powers, and designed something especially for him. We have learned much about evil voodan powers, as you'll see in our Report. This might be the source of this stupefying poison-like effect.

Be careful, he might use it again in the future!
Sure! Any portrait on the grandeur of our leader is welcomed.

Viktor
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Another question: Who is Abelard Despadon? Is he a new NPC or do there exist any references?
Huh. I've just written up Lord de Casteelle as an Ill8/FoS10 too...wanna compare notes?

Abelard Despadon is a new NPC, who I've also written up, and who will probably start playing a bigger role in the adventure soon.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Tobias Blackburn wrote: Balfour doesn't have levels in the FoS PrC. He's a 17th level (?) wizard and his stats are found in Van Richten's Arsenal. He doesn't need to take levels in a PrC to be a member of the Fraternity, much less lead it. Just like you don't have to take levels in samurai to be a member of the samurai caste.
Actually, that's not quite accurate. As written, progressing through the Fraternity of Shadows prestige class is exactly equivalent to progressing through the Fraternity of Shadows hierarchy; you can't lead the Fraternity without having 10 levels in the prestige class.

Lord de Castelle does not have levels in the class because the prestige class is non-canon and was actually published after the release of Van Richten's Arsenal, although it was written before VRA's release.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

I'll post my notes soon.

As for the special poison, even for tha VRA Balfour it would be very hard to fail the saves. I though maybe he didn't want to attend and sent his son Simon in magical disguise. (Jacob being on Blaustein atm, i.e. in the Reckonings campaign, and Balfour himself obsessed with a certain shadowdancer) I'm looking forward to be enlightened by the Souragne Gazetteer on the special poison though..

PS: Nathan you're playing Peregrine in Reckonings, right? So I'm not sure if i want to spil the beans for some of the stuff on Balfour... hmmm I don't know.