Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Important Announcement!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Esteemed members of the Fraternity,
Miladies,

We are unpleased to announce we are, again, short of money to keep this site going much longer.

Our server host was recently taken over by a billionaire and he just sent us this email :

"It's a disaster. Believe me. And I can tell you this because I'm the only one who can make it great again, because I'm very, very smart. And rich. Very, very, very rich. Women love me. There will be a tremendous increase in this Internet server's cost later this year due to the rise of coal prices. Massive, believe me. And it's all because of China. Sad. It's so important. My plan will be amazing. It's great. You have no idea, your head will spin. It's massive. Believe me."

That obviously coded message puzzled us, but so far we could not decrypt it.

So we once again made a collection among ourselves, the FoS members, but all we got was $4.01. The FoS site was in trouble, possibly to close by the end of April.

But do not worry, we found a solution! We just found out that respected internet news provider Buzzfeed has a new category of articles that includes horror and gothic themes! This extra source of revenue should keep us going forever with no need to do anything Foolish.

Search no further on the Internet for your daily portion of false history, alternative facts, and fake news, here's the infamous FoS MistFeed!

This explains why you will now see these great new advertising banners on the main page and the forum. And you can refresh the page to see all the latest and different news articles.

We need your feedback! Do you think the changes are positives? Please react in this thread!

Sincerely,

The Souragne Fraternity of Shadows: David, Joël, Leyshon, Nathan, Ron, Sharon, and Stephen

"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Important Announcement!

Post by kintire »

awesome.

And many thanks for all your work on this site!
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

That message above looks to be slightly more than 140 characters in length....

hmmm....

Something doesn't seem to be adding up...
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Hazgarn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hazgarn »

Tread cautiously, guys. It's always bad news when the darklord contacts you...
Deranged Comics Fan
Strife-monger
Daughter of a Troll
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I can't find a link for the MistFeed, and I need my alternative facts.
There's rumors now that Azalin won the war with Strahd, and Barovia hasn't been absorbed only because Azalin decided he didn't want such a bleak, backwards place.
I also heard that Tavelia was promising to Make Darkon Great Again in the eve of Azalin's return.

MistFeed seems to be the place to go check for the veracity of such things.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

I think it's great news!
You fund the site! and we get all this news!
BTW, don't know if anybody else is aware of this, but possibly major changes coming to D&D according to John Wick Presents.
http://johnwickpresents.com/updates/d-and-acquisition/

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Jonathan Winters wrote:I think it's great news!
You fund the site! and we get all this news!
BTW, don't know if anybody else is aware of this, but possibly major changes coming to D&D according to John Wick Presents.
http://johnwickpresents.com/updates/d-and-acquisition/

Patrick
Great news! :shock:
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:I can't find a link for the MistFeed, and I need my alternative facts.
There's rumors now that Azalin won the war with Strahd, and Barovia hasn't been absorbed only because Azalin decided he didn't want such a bleak, backwards place.
I also heard that Tavelia was promising to Make Darkon Great Again in the eve of Azalin's return.

MistFeed seems to be the place to go check for the veracity of such things.
Indeed it is. Just watch the white feed box at the top of your screen. Click on whatever article interests you most and it will take you right to mist feed to read it.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

and that's all folks... April Fools is officially over.

Thanks for playing along. I hope you enjoyed our fake news feed. Here are all 6 of the images in the rotation, and the link to "mistfeed" itself... An original concept by Jester, with further content created by Joel. Many thanks to them and the rest of the FoS for their input into this year's prank...

http://fraternityofshadows.com/mistfeed.html
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I have an ad-blocker. I couldn't see anything. :(
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

Ahaha, sadly I see this too late!
Thanks for the joke :azalin:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:I have an ad-blocker. I couldn't see anything. :(
Really? or are you still joking? I'm surprised an ad blocker actually triggered off our hacky coding. (I guess I made it convincing! :) )
Does it block the FoS banner at the top of the forum too? Or the Qtr Banner on the main site?

for a taste of what it looked like, turn off the adblocker for a minute and look here:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/default_apr1.html
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

wow... i missed it. That is great! xD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf