Can't download

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Can't download

Post by Scarycount »

There are numerous things on this site that I am unable to veiw. These include everything in the Veranda, half the library, and part of the vault.

When I click on these items, a poster for adobe reader appears on my monitor, then goes away. Then, my computer processes the page, but it comes up a blank feild of white. Could someone explain why this happens and how I can fix it?
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

If you are on a slow connection (dialup) it could be that the adobe pdf files just havn't loaded in the page yet. Most of these files are +/- 4 megs so it might take some time before you can see them.

Secondly both explorerer and firefox have trouble with in browser viewing of pdf files. This has been like this since pdfs came out and will still be a probelm for quite some time. To make sure the files work you need to right click on the link and pick "Save link as..." and then tell it to download the file to your desktop (or wherever you want it placed). This way you can tell how big it it, how long it will take and can open it up anytime in Adobe reader.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

Thank you, Jasper. I have done as you instructed and am pleased to report that it worked. :D