FoS monster compendium?

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

Oops, yes, that does include the USS creatures too! Knew I'd forgotten something.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

200 new critters for my game... Amazing... :D
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

alhoon wrote:Anna the Flesh Golem
I'll confess, I've not included such creatures. As they are simply based on other creatures, with slight modifications, they are NPCs as opposed to Monsters (I know Joël agrees with me, he did so in his list of community content). When I say monsters, I mean completely new Monsters. However, feel free to disagree.
Le Noir Faineant

Kel-nage wrote:
alhoon wrote:Anna the Flesh Golem
I'll confess, I've not included such creatures. As they are simply based on other creatures, with slight modifications, they are NPCs as opposed to Monsters (I know Joël agrees with me, he did so in his list of community content). When I say monsters, I mean completely new Monsters. However, feel free to disagree.
You say exactly what I thought of when I inaugured this. :)
Le Noir Faineant

Thing is, the FoS has accumulated a lot of material that is get easily lost in the amount of stuff that is published. I say: Compile a bit of it, one evening. Layouting it, another evening. - And *SHAZAM!* a new useful netbook for all RL and D&D gamers.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I agree too. I think we shouldn't include these NPC-monsters, so it is 200 new monsters. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

alhoon wrote:I agree too. I think we shouldn't include these NPC-monsters, so it is 200 new monsters. :)
Correction, 400, provided I can finish my latest batch in time.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Aren't the creatures from the Books of S, QtR and USS the property of the authors? Wouldn't any republication or update to 3E/3.5 require their permission first?

I'm all for it and anything I've published is fair game (not that I've done any monsters IIRC), but I think people need to be asked.

Unless this is simply a reference work and listing of all the monsters.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

David of the FoS wrote:Aren't the creatures from the Books of S, QtR and USS the property of the authors? Wouldn't any republication or update to 3E/3.5 require their permission first?

I'm all for it and anything I've published is fair game (not that I've done any monsters IIRC), but I think people need to be asked.

Unless this is simply a reference work and listing of all the monsters.
Definitely - asking is very important. Not that most will mind, I don't think, but it needs to be done as it was fairly explicit (I think) that all rights revert to the authro. And while most people will be okay with this stuff, all it takes is one yahoo to ruin the party... :roll:
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

David of the FoS wrote:Aren't the creatures from the Books of S, QtR and USS the property of the authors? Wouldn't any republication or update to 3E/3.5 require their permission first?

And I've made a e-mailler doing exactly that David. I guess I can stroke you from the list for the requesting permission, though, cheers!