USS 2005 and CotN

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

USS 2005 and CotN

Post by alhoon »

What happened to CotN?: How many articles were submitted? When can we expect to see CotN? Are you (generaly) happy with the interest the authors/board etc showed about this one?

What about a USS2005?: Will we see one? I believe it would be a good idea. About the which article should go in and the funbase lack of responces ( :( Sorry!) I have an idea!

I believe that in the netbook there should go the 2 best articles from each issue of QtR 2004 and the 3 best from each issue of QtR 2005 (including this one) or something in similar lines. Since we failed to give you solid info on which these best articles are (Socko conspired with Dru and misplaced most of our responces) you could vote between yourselves giving the articles the polls showed as best a 7th vote or something like that.
The moderators aren't too many to hold a vote using e-mail and pm, but you are enough. I also believe that you should use the polls you made even with the few responces even if not as solid, unchangeable facts.

Perhaps you could use a point system. Each of the editors votes his 1st and 2nd most favorite article in a netbook. The 1st best takes 2 points, the 2nd best takes 1 point. The voted-best of the funbase polls get 4 and 2 points respectively.
The 2 (or 3) articles that gather most points go into the USS2005.

How about that? :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Re: USS 2005 and CotN

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

alhoon wrote:What happened to CotN?: How many articles were submitted? When can we expect to see CotN?
We received 18 submissions from various authors, and 14 submissions were approved and chosen to be included in the final netbook. Due to time constraints and lack of author reponse, the netbook might not include all 14 of the accepted articles. However, since we are tryiong to contact a couple missing authors, only time will tell for sure.

As for when the Children of the Night project will be released, we still intend to have it finished and out by the end of the year. The editors have been discussing different dates to have it finished and available on the website, but I don't believe that we have an official date set in stone just yet (which is probably good if were waiting on various reponses)...
alhoon wrote:What about a USS2005?: Will we see one? I believe it would be a good idea.
Yes, but not as you probably anticipate it to be. As stated in previous threads and announcements, our plan is to have the CotN project be this year's Undead Sea Scrolls. Our idea has been to use the two Quoth the Raven issues to cover the various articles people wish to submit. The yearly USS will then cover special projects that the Fraternity wishes to have (e.g., Children of the Night adventures).
alhoon wrote:I believe that in the netbook there should go the 2 best articles from each issue of QtR 2004 and the 3 best from each issue of QtR 2005 (including this one) or something in similar lines.
The overall lack of response (i.e., voting and/or critiquing) from the online community has made it very difficult to do a USS that contains the best articles of the year. Plus, many authors that would need to rework articles that would be included have also disappeared. This is not to say that we may never go back to that idea, but our current plan is to use the USS for special Fraternity projects, such as the current CotN netbook.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Re: USS 2005 and CotN

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:The editors have been discussing different dates to have it finished and available on the website, but I don't believe that we have an official date set in stone just yet (which is probably good if were waiting on various reponses)...
Sadly, due to many things happening this year (father dying, lack of privacy, unable to access the site, zillions of commissions appearing all at once) I had to drop out of the editing team for the book :( The articles I was to take on were distributed among the others.

I am still about though, and hopefully back in one of the editting seats soon ;)

...I just got the strangest feeling that I have typed this exact post before... never had deja vous for something I have typed before...
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Do not mistake Deja vou with my mental influence Wiccy!
PS. I hope you'll be able to edit again soon!

Thank you Jason! This was a very illuminating responce.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

points to sig.. What Socko says... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Marauder, you die :P

al... you just keep believing what you will, we all know who really runs the show; Drusilla!

I will be getting back into the editting again, just not quite got the privacy needed for it at the moment (I can't spend more than 5 minutes without someone interrupting me).
Swallow your soul!
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Marauder, you die

Hmmmmmmm.. What would Socko say I wonder........

[Socko] Interuptions my butt, He's a lazy git

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

maraudar wrote:
Marauder, you die

Hmmmmmmm.. What would Socko say I wonder........

[Socko] Interuptions my butt, He's a lazy git

Maraudar
That's not Socko, it's his cross-dressing cousin, Panty!
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

alhoon wrote:Thank you Jason! This was a very illuminating responce.
You're very welcome, alhoon. I know that we, the Fraternity moderators, have been trying to keep people up-to-date on the various projects, but a lot of this information has been scattered through these messageboards. Hopefully, these answers will be useful to other people as well. Plus, I'll try to provide a more official update for everyone once things a little more squared away.

maraudar wrote:[Socko] Interuptions my butt, He's a lazy git
It would seem that it is nearing the time for Socko to have his yearly trip to the laundry room... :x
Last edited by Jason of the Fraternity on Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:It would seem that it is nearing the time for Socko to have his yearly trip to the laundry room... :x
Unfortunately, again this year he hads remembered urgent business that needs to be taken care of, this year it's apparently to do with some travelling gigolo. I worry about him sometimes, but perhaps he really does plan to sweep Dru off her feet? Since she doesn't breathe, his plans to knock her out with his alarming stench last month failed miserably ;)
Swallow your soul!
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Socko said he would reply to such obviouos slanders and threats of washing, but he is above (metaphorically speaking) such things :P ....

[Socko]: Tell em what I really said!!!!

Icant do that sir they may not appreciate it..

[Socko]: wrtetched gits, all of you. I will prevail!! I will conquer!! I AM SOCKO!!!!!

As ytou can see he is somewhat diturbed at the moment.. I will check with him later after he has calmed down. I'LL give him a couple sheets of fabric softner, that always seems to help..

Maraudar

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

alhoon wrote:How does editing/reviewing goes these days?
This question was asked and answered within another thread, but I wanted to reiterate it on a thread more suited to the actual question. As Joel already pointed out, editing is going pretty well. We have many of the CotN submission well on their way. Plus, we have also recieved and started looking through some articles for the next QtR.

However, as Joel also stated, a bigger netbook would always be a benefit. Don't hesitate to put your ideas on paper and submit them to us.
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

[Socko]: The truth about this. Dont believe what the gits tell you.. Especially the tall creepy lookin one.
As Joel already pointed out, editing is going pretty well. We have many of the CotN submission well on their way.
[Socko]: Only because Dru is cracking the whip across thier hairy backsides.. And they like it!!!

Plus, we have also recieved and started looking through some articles for the next QtR.
[Socko]: Ye better be doin that or Ill suggest to herself that white hot knives under the flesh are your secret passion..

Maraudar

He made me post this I swear he did..........
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

maraudar wrote:[Socko]: The truth about this. Dont believe what the gits tell you.. Especially the tall creepy lookin one.
Now I know you aren't the real Socko, I am the only member of the FoS the real Socko doesn't insult :P
Swallow your soul!
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

In your case Wiccy, Socko said "Tall creepy lookin one" is not an insult but an honest compliment for your ability to inspire fear and madness checks in others. A power he deeply envy's you :shock: .

Maraudar