About the QtR fate

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks

Do we want the QtR series stop?

Yes. It has run it's course
5%
Just slow it down a bit so we could have more time to Submit articles and finish our ideas
46%
No. The lack of responses for "Frozen Fear" was just a coincidence. Let the Netzine continue as it is.
49%

Total votes: 37

Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Good point, Wiccy! The netbook creation is a learning process for us. We are picking up some things as we go, but it is still a long road to perfection. Plus, the fact that readers are divided on what they want only complicates things. We certainly want to produced something that everyone is happy with, but, as Wiccy said, somethings a project is only liked by some.

Hopefully, we capture bigger groups as we gain more experience over time. 8)
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

It has been 2 months since the last update of this thread.

How does the new Netzine fares? How many articles are submitted?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I think it's still going ahead but without themes, right?

At this stage submissions for the next article are probably few and far between being due in (October?). I know I haven't even started mine yet :cry:
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

That's right.

We have a few submissions so far - about 6 as far as I can remember.

[Socko]: 6? That's a great start. How many are edited?

Um, about one. You see, the editing process is long and complicated...

[Socko]: Especially when the editor is a lazy git.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

As ScS was saying before Socko interrupted...

As reviewing process is a long and complex system now containing in excess of 500 points that must now all be followed to the letter in order for the article to be concidered reviewed.

Some of the stranger points have yet to be explained and appear to be scribbled in at random places... Examples are as follows

Point 133 - Each article must begin, contain and end with the author explaining how much they love Drusilla.

Point 151 - Each article must contain the words Ravenloft, Dread Realms, Domains of Dread, or Demiplane of Dread at least 53 times.

Point 302 - Said article mustcontain a minimum of 15 coffee stains.

Point 340 - If toilet paper runs short, said article may be used for purposes such as wiping of the bottom in extreem circumstances... NOTE - all articles must now meet this requirement.

Point 372 - Failure to read the last paragraph of the article in question requires the process of review to begin once over from Point 001.

Point 444 - Reviewer must hop up and down on his table performing the happy dance while wearing a silly hat for an hour.

Point 445 - Once completing the happy dance, said article must be misplaced for a minimum of 5 working days.

Point 480 - (edited for length, original text was 15 pages) ...Furthermore, should said article be found after being buried at the center of the maze, chewed by a dog, used to make paper dollie chains, run over by 19 carts between midnight and 1am, bathed in the blood of an innocent, offered as a sacrifice to th God of Hellfire, Used to light the fire in the sduty, lost in the library as a bookmark... used to mop up spilled coffee... made into a paper airoplane and thrown 10 leagues... be torn into 199 pieces and taped back together... and finally simply lost with intentional all within a 24 hour span, I am NOT to be held responsibe; xxx Drusilla.

Point 500 - Reviewer must add an addition 10 steps to this list of point checks for the next reviewer; xxx Drusilla.

Strange enough, about 70% of the points have been scribed by our lovely receptionist/deranged vampire dollmaker, even though she does nothing to contribute to the reviewing of any article that crosses our path.

I do hope that helps explain why it takes so long to review your articles and why it may take a decade by this time next year for us to get back to you.

Blessings

Wiccy
Swallow your soul!
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

You know you really should keep the pen away from Socko so he cant write these things up while being controlled by Dru telepathicaly.....

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

It is this simple... We Try, We FAIL!!! :(
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

By a small margin the community prefers the Netbooks to continue as previous! :) :D
So perhaps we will see the QtR 13 earlier?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Which would be excellent if we could guarantee the same quality and size regarding our netbooks on that basis. However, wanting to publish a netmag and having enough submissions to make said book are two entirely different things.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Good point, pity we can't tell the percentages of authors who voted. People who want more Ravenloft is one thing but those who want more Ravenloft and will write for it is another.

P.S. New computer soon 8)
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

alhoon wrote:By a small margin the community prefers the Netbooks to continue as previous! So perhaps we will see the QtR 13 earlier?
A small margin prefers that things continue as previous, but we needed more authors and submissions to meet that type of demand. As David previously pointed out, wanting to publish a netmag and having enough submissions to make said book are two entirely different things. Thereforem, I sincerely doubt that you'll see the next issue of QtR any earlier than currently scheduled.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Coan wrote:I think it's still going ahead but without themes, right? At this stage submissions for the next article are probably few and far between being due in (October?).
Yes, we are still working on the Quoth the Raven netzines but without specific themes. As Stephen pointed out, we have a few submissions already. However, the deadline is not until October 1st, which gives a couple months for people to finish their submissions for this next issue.
Coan wrote:People who want more Ravenloft is one thing but those who want more Ravenloft and will write for it is another.
Sadly, this is very true... :(
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Hopefully even I can get something finished before the deadline, I haven't been able to work on any of the projects I have been trying to complete for our netbooks for months :( I have at least 8 articles in the works, at least 5 of them for Gothic Earth, another Megan Llewelyn article and some generalised articles for things in the demiplane of dread.
Swallow your soul!
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

I am so out of the loop on these things... as always...

Well, october is a long ways off... should have plenty of time (myself, anyway) to get a few things together to submit.
Hadis Deadstalker
Conspirator
Conspirator

About the QtR fate

Post by Hadis Deadstalker »

I realize it's been a long time since I've visited. And it's also been a while since anyone has posted to this thread. But I thought I'd add my 2 cents anyway.
I agree about slowing the QtRs down. And also about doing away with the themes. As for the slowing down, I have and will submit to the netbook. But there are times where I have all the time in the world to write something and then sometime I don't have enough time to sleep. So slowing them down is good. As for the theme, I realize it was to stir the creative juices, but sometimes I just couldn't come up with something for that theme or just didn't care for it much. Like the Seabased. It was cool but I just couldn't stir the juices in that direction.
So there's my 2 cents, if anyone cares.
Hadis Deadstalker
My, I'll bet you monsters lead innnnteresting lives. - Bugs Bunny