No votes
La Petite Valacha
No votes

Total votes: 17

Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

I voted for David's wonderful study of Fihyrs. I can only applaud the way he took a pretty much 'dumb' (imo) monster, and turned it into something very creepy and customisable. "A most Frightening Extrept" fell short only because I had trouble fitting some of it with canon material, flavor-wise.

And I take it MotRD articles aren't selected for vote? That's a bit dissapointing, not only because I wrote one, but also because I much liked Queen Tera (except for the unrestricted coup de grace-ing part).

And Stephen, very nice intro.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Igor the Henchman wrote:And I take it MotRD articles aren't selected for vote? That's a bit dissapointing, not only because I wrote one, but also because I much liked Queen Tera
Unfortunately, we couldn't select everything for the poll, and, as I stated on the previous pages, I was going with the themed articles first. Nothing again either of the MotRD articles (both of which are very good), but they didn't make the initial poll.
Orang Santu wrote:I figured that was where you got the idea.
Nope, I got it from my crazy cat. Pretty cool coincidence, though.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

This issue was a Dickensian labour; it was the best of articles, it was the worst of timing - it was the summer of themed entries, it was the winter of messed up editing.

Still, I'd liek to make some mention of my personal favs:

The Exerpt article was great - Crab Siegnor struck a real chord, for some reason. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a million ideas.

Waning Gaslight was another great entry. I think Colonel Bogey is easily the kwelist thing to hit Gothic Earth since the true imortal Imhotep.

And last, but not least, Things that go Bump was another instant classic. The dirty thing was a master stroke.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Igor the Henchman wrote:I voted for David's wonderful study of Fihyrs. I can only applaud the way he took a pretty much 'dumb' (imo) monster, and turned it into something very creepy and customisable.
Thanks Igor, I've always loved the idea of fihyrs. They always sounded so cool but the monsters were just horrible tentacle things that, while nightmarish, were never really scary.
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Igor the Henchman wrote:And I take it MotRD articles aren't selected for vote? That's a bit dissapointing, not only because I wrote one, but also because I much liked Queen Tera (except for the unrestricted coup de grace-ing part).
Perhaps her knife/sword should just have the Wounding quality? I just thought that the kill ability fit its status as a sacrificial blade more. That write-up is based on her appearance in my Resurrection City campaign, which isn't strictly Masque (it predates Masque's release and I couldn't change rulesets in the midst of a campaign) but is a Victorian horror game though. If I can inflate my own ego, I like the semi-template, almost viral quality to her. When it comes to villains, I'm a big fan of the body-hopping mind.

Also note that how she appears there is based a bit more on how she was in "Blood from the Mummy's Tomb", and is quite a bit different from the one in the original novel.
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

Orang Santu, if I were to insist on keeping the 'instant death' ability of the blade, I'd allow a fort save to resist, to make it more balanced. The blade is, after all, quite likely to be used against a player character.

Stephen, thanks a lot for the kind words about my article.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Jus twanna know, has anyone read my articles? If so, what did they think of them?
Swallow your soul!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Igor the Henchman wrote:"A most Frightening Extrept" fell short only because I had trouble fitting some of it with canon material, flavor-wise.
Canon material?
Which one?
Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:Jus twanna know, has anyone read my articles? If so, what did they think of them?
I read "Return to Arlington Farm."
It made #4 on my big list of "Places To Never Ever Ever Set Foot In."
Evil, angry scarecrows make me scared, vegetables rotting on the vine make me sad, and unholy agricultural rituals tingle me silly.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Gemathustra wrote:I read "Return to Arlington Farm."
It made #4 on my big list of "Places To Never Ever Ever Set Foot In."
Evil, angry scarecrows make me scared, vegetables rotting on the vine make me sad, and unholy agricultural rituals tingle me silly.
If that made number 4, then I don't wanna go to the top 3 either *shudders*
Swallow your soul!
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I liked *Return to Arlington Farm* a lot!

it may be that I do a short adventure with it: * the first fan work can I use without tremendously altering it.*

More of this, and QtR may come to rival the old Kartagane books. (And they are the absolute best fan made accessoires up to date!)
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Desdichado wrote:I liked *Return to Arlington Farm* a lot!

it may be that I do a short adventure with it: * the first fan work can I use without tremendously altering it.*
Oo! thanks :)
Swallow your soul!
Gentleman

Post by Gentleman »

No offence or anything, chaps, but personally, I never liked the Arlington Farm idea. I thought that the whole 'evil scarecrow' theme was handled much better by The Jacob Garvin Scarecrow, back in the old Kargatane Book of S_ series...

Still, all in all, I feel I must congratulate you on what, in my opinion has been the best issue in ages. Took a while to get there, but I feel it was worth all the labour you chaps so evidently put into it. An astounding piece of work, which is enough to banish the largely unpleasant memories of the disappointing Quoth The Raven X.

Roll on Quoth 12!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Gentleman wrote:No offence or anything, chaps, but personally, I never liked the Arlington Farm idea. I thought that the whole 'evil scarecrow' theme was handled much better by The Jacob Garvin Scarecrow, back in the old Kargatane Book of S_ series...
None taken, we all have our preferences and tastes. it would be a dull world indeed if we all liked the same thing.

A little known fact is that the original Arlington Farm and Jacob Garvin's article were both aimed for the same edition of the BoS___ The Kargatane asked me to alter Henry so that he was a human instead of some Scarecrow construct but the end result was not as successful. The Kargatane then had to decline my article in favour of Jacob's but told me that no matter what, I shouyld get it published somehow as they enjoyed it. So both articles were developed at the same time by individuals unaware that someone else had a similar idea.

The largest alteration in the 3E Arlington Farm was Henry, he is now a human that has been altered by those he created, but can still pass for human, something he could not do in the original version and one of the first things I decided to make different in the new version. his fear of the Dread Flesh Scarecrows is more acute and his curse has been shifted to the blight on the crops, though it is still linked to the scarecrows tearing him apart thre nights a year. The blight was an afterthought, odd how these things work out, lol.
Still, all in all, I feel I must congratulate you on what, in my opinion has been the best issue in ages. Took a while to get there, but I feel it was worth all the labour you chaps so evidently put into it. An astounding piece of work, which is enough to banish the largely unpleasant memories of the disappointing Quoth The Raven X.
Glad you liked it, I also enjoyed QtR 10, though I agree it was not as good as the few issues before it.
Roll on Quoth 12!
Yikes, give us some time man, lol :)
Swallow your soul!
Xanthippe
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Xanthippe »

Gentleman wrote:An astounding piece of work, which is enough to banish the largely unpleasant memories of the disappointing Quoth The Raven X.
Gentleman (on the QtRX Feedback Forum) wrote:I congratulate you on a most excellent issue, chaps.

Cheers! :twisted:
Is this the same Gentleman? Same use of 'chaps', tone, format. Why the change of mind? Why no username?
[size=84]"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain." -Friedrich Schiller[/size]
Gentleman

Post by Gentleman »

That was me, yes.

Forgive me, the reasoning behind my earlier comments was that I was just so stoked about the Fraternity Unleashed article, and that somebody had finally got around to statting up Drusilla. Plus, I always get a little excited when a new QTR issue comes out.

In hindsight, Quoth X really seems to be one of the weaker issues. But, it has Drusilla which is a high point, in my opinion. I simply can't get enough of deranged, Cockney vampiresses! :wink: