Quoth the Raven 12: Project Guide

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Quoth the Raven 12: Project Guide

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Greetings Ladies and Gents,

With polls for the next theme closed, I figured that it was about time to set up a thread for contributors to announce and discuss their potential submissions. In other words, this thread is to help coordinate articles and generate some ideas for the twelfth issue.

For those of you who hadn't been watching the polls, this next theme is: Freezing Fear.

I would also like to remind everyone that the Esteemed Brothers of the Manoir de Penombre have recently changed the due dates. All submissions for this next issue will need to be submitted to us no later than March 10th.

Please also remember that all Quoth the Raven submissions should be formatted in new times roman font, 12 point size. Titles are in 36 size Nosferatu font, and subtitles inside the article are 18 point Nosferatu font. Additionally, when you submit don't forget to include you name and email just below the title.

If you have any questions, then please forward them on to your nearest moderator. If you have any complaints, then please wait downstairs until Drusilla can get to you.

Many thanks!

Jason
Fraternity of Shadows
Last edited by Jason of the Fraternity on Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Shadowking
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Jezra Wagner

Post by Shadowking »

Hmm, Freezing Fear was my 2nd favorite theme after the Oriental theme (since I was preparing an article about Raksasha). I plan to do a domain write-up called the Sea of Frozen Whispers, as well as a 3rd edition write-up of Jezra Wagner, the Ice Queen of Barovia as well as details on her lair.
"To bring down the monster you have to become a monster"
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Typical, I have had numerous ideas for the Freezing Fear theme and now it is the theme for an article I have forgotten what it was I had planned. I know I had some ideas for the weather system and environment in Vorostokov/Sanguinia, but I will have to try and rememebr what it was I has come up with for that article.

I do have 2 Gothic Earth articles in the planning. Well, one of them has been under way for a couple of weeks now, not saying what it is about, but it is 9 pages long so far. Not much rambling from me either, which is pretty amazing, lol.

The other article will be Dorian Gray, enough said really, but I have plans for this man who sold his soul for immortality ;)

The War of the Worlds is on hold until I have more time, so it may not appear until issue 13, but it will come in time. I would k=just like to get somethoug out for the current theme if I can come up with something more solid for my weather article.

Okay, okay, it is a bit early to start talking about issue 13 when submissions have only just opened for issue 12, but I do have The War of the Worlds for that issue and The Brides of Dracula. Possibly The Bride of Frankenstein as well, perhaps she was not destroyed after all... ;)
Swallow your soul!
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

Much like Shadowking, Freezing Fear was my second choice for the theme for QtR #12. Unfortunately though, I didn't get as far as I thought in coming up with any ideas for such a theme.

So, I'm asking for some inspiring ideas that some of you may wish to see included in this issue, but simply don't have the time to work on. Maybe you're looking to use something winter-based in your next campaign... post your idea here... and I'll see which of them I'd like to pursue for possible inclusion in issue 12.
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

I'm planning on sending in my Brocken Spectre writeup and Joseph Malinbois, another NPC, for Masque. Maybe I'll also get to do my Van Richten-style Black Dog (no, not the Zeppelin song). Basically, baseline stats with a bunch of optional abilities.
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

So far I have 1 article finished but in need of a little tweaking before it is submitted, The War of the World going through preliminary notes, Sisters of the Night about one third complete and Dorian Gray as a smattering of notes.

All praise publishers allowing books to appear for free online :) It is saving me a fortune, lol.
Swallow your soul!
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:All praise publishers allowing books to appear for free online :) It is saving me a fortune, lol.
Indeed. I'll second that :wink:.

Of course, nothing beats having an actual copy of some book you've been chasing around for, for months, in your hands... :P.
"When she embraces
And when she whispers
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

The Nightmare Man wrote:
Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:All praise publishers allowing books to appear for free online :) It is saving me a fortune, lol.

Of course, nothing beats having an actual copy of some book you've been chasing around for, for months, in your hands... :P.
They just invented a new doohicky specifically for that itch...
The Computer Printer
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Xanthippe
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Xanthippe »

Freezing Fear!!! Freezing Fear!!! Cheers and Felicitations!!!

It was a close race, and with good reason - there were many great choices to go with, but for the COLDEST quarter of the year, I find it particularly appropriate to do... Freezing Fear!!! Freezing Fear!!!

I've a few articles in mind:
1) the tale of warring yeti tribes
2) a snow monster who is mistaken for a savior
3) an assortment of strange artifacts found in a crazy wizard's home

The third one will be a collaboration with another author, and I think maybe the second one as well (I'm not good at stats).

Freezing Fear!!! Freezing Fear!!! Cheers and Felicitations!!!
[size=84]"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain." -Friedrich Schiller[/size]
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

All together now...
Frosty the Snow Golem
Was a wicked evil soul
With a carved bone pipe and a bloody maw
And a heart as black as coal
Xanthippe
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Xanthippe »

Frosty the Snow Golem
Is an old wives tale they say
He was spawned from hate
And it is our fate
To succumb to him one day
[size=84]"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain." -Friedrich Schiller[/size]
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

*has flashbacks of that gawdawful Jack Frost and its equally gawdawful sequel*
THE HORROR THE HORROR OH WHY WON'T THE HORROR END AUNTY EM????
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Gemathustra wrote:
The Nightmare Man wrote:

The Computer Printer
It's just not the same :(. I tried something similar with a copy of the Origin of Species once. But then, I threw the copy out immediately when I suddenly happened upon an opportunity to purchase an original first edition copy... :P.
"When she embraces
And when she whispers
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

The Nightmare Man wrote:
Gemathustra wrote:
The Nightmare Man wrote: Indeed. I'll second that :wink:.

The Computer Printer
It's just not the same :(. I tried something similar with a copy of the Origin of Species once. But then, I threw the copy out immediately when I suddenly happened upon an opportunity to purchase an original first edition copy... :P.
You should have kept the copy you printed out...
Paper is making a comeback in fashion...
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

The Nightmare Man wrote:
Gemathustra wrote:
The Nightmare Man wrote: Indeed. I'll second that :wink:.

The Computer Printer
For me to buy Varney the Vampire as actual books I would be looking at a very expensive £120 (about $210 USD), so they are not cheap. However, with copies of Dracula selling for about 1p online, that is cheap, so long as you don't mind it being in pretty battered condition.
Swallow your soul!