Quoth the Raven 12: Project Guide

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Well I for one like pushing deadlines (plus my recent crushing workload) but I did plan to have a couple on time.

This just gives me another week to fire off a third article. Hmmm that VanRichten story springs to mind.
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

How about an Alanik Ray article David? We know so much of Rudolph and his travels and travails<sp?> Someone else might be nice :roll: ....

Maraudar
Frustrated writer and again bored at work
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Only five days left (and that's with the extended deadline)... :shock:
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

On the plus side, we're certainly seeing some very fine articles.

Hopefully we'll get some more...
Evil Reigns!!!!
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

maraudar wrote:How about an Alanik Ray article David? We know so much of Rudolph and his travels and travails<sp?> Someone else might be nice :roll: ....

Maraudar
Frustrated writer and again bored at work
Because I've already done one...
Plus I was thinking along the lines of the one suggested in the FAQ.
Hell_Born
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hell_Born »

Uhm, no offense to anyone, but can I ask when I can reasonably expect this issue to be posted?
"Is there any word more meaningless than 'hope'? Besides 'blarfurgsnarg,' of course."

"Seek and Locate! Locate and Destroy! Destroy and Rejoice!"
ScS of the Fraternity

Unfortunatly, the response has been less than stellar. Its two days after the deadline, and we have only 4 articles.

The entires we did get will be publised as a minibook, but otherwise this issue is cancelled.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Alright I made up 25% of the total contribution.

I'd try to write more but with real life games and work I can at best get one article done per time frame.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

I've been so busy I didn't have a chance to offer or even complete a possible submission for this issue.

I'm looking forward to reading through the works of others though.
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation
ScS of the Fraternity

Sadly, that kind of thing is common. Even I had several works in progress - none of which turned out to be worth finishing. It could be that this is just the wrong season - noone has any energy left, or it might be that QtR has run its course.

Considering that we have 11 issues, I wouldn't be heartbroken if we never produced another. We had some good issues, and some stinkers, but all together we put together a fairly nice store of stuff. I think i might reorganize what we have - build some decent pdfs and reformat the older issues - and then that might be the end.
Evil Reigns!!!!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote: Considering that we have 11 issues, I wouldn't be heartbroken if we never produced another.
HEY! I would! :(
I know I haven't contributed any articles for this QtR but that doesn't mean that I don't like the netzines!
ScS of the Fraternity wrote: We had some good issues, and some stinkers, but all together we put together a fairly nice store of stuff. I think i might reorganize what we have - build some decent pdfs and reformat the older issues - and then that might be the end.
And I hope that many more good issues will come! OK, an issue has been frozen. After all it was about the Frozen horrors! :lol: That doesn't mean that QtR should end!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Sadly, that kind of thing is common. Even I had several works in progress - none of which turned out to be worth finishing.
It wasn't really an issueof note having anything "worth" submitting. I had some creative ideas... Time was just the obstacle to this.
It could be that this is just the wrong season - noone has any energy left, or it might be that QtR has run its course.
I can appreciate that fact. I've worked on two other netzines for other popular settings that only lasted five or six issues. It really is remarkable that QtR has reached the 12th issue mark. Remarkable, and worthwhile.
Considering that we have 11 issues, I wouldn't be heartbroken if we never produced another. We had some good issues, and some stinkers, but all together we put together a fairly nice store of stuff. I think i might reorganize what we have - build some decent pdfs and reformat the older issues - and then that might be the end.
Just so long as there is a place for people to still submit their own creative ideas... I think most will be happy.
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation