4%
The Eye
No votes

Total votes: 23

ScS of the Fraternity

Feedback for Quoth the Raven X

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Hi Everyone,

Well, the tenth issue of quoth the raven is finally out, and I think you'll agree that it is a great issue. We had some doubts in the begining, but the articles generated this issue were excellent.

And so, let the inevitable storm of feedback begin:
Evil Reigns!!!!
Mortavius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mortavius »

Ummmm....what happened to the Complete Misty Warrior? I see my name in the credits, but no article? I know I was a few scant days late in submitting, but I was told that the article was okay, and it made it in...?
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Let it be said that The Lost Gazetteer is even funnier than the Azalin's New Crown article that was featured in the USS some time ago. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. Stanton captured S perfectly :lol:

I have only read a few of the articles to far, like the Fraternity Unless, Perilous Pursuits (Dread Lord) and and updates on the Fraternity of Shadows PrC, all of which are great material. I will reserve my vote for when I have read the rest of the issue ;)
Swallow your soul!
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Daisu »

I am seeing a lack of communication or perhaps quoth Raven was rushed last minute, was i bumped with Mortavius into B squad? :Ivan:
*puts away the party favors and Pom Poms*
My RPG PC Game: higurashirpg.blogspot.com
ScS of the Fraternity

Mortavius wrote:Ummmm....what happened to the Complete Misty Warrior? I see my name in the credits, but no article? I know I was a few scant days late in submitting, but I was told that the article was okay, and it made it in...?
[Socko] "Stephen can't talk to you right now,"

Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham!
[Smashes head into wall repeatedly]

[Socko] "He's too busy working on the third version of this issue,"

[Socko] "Did you know this will be the third version of this issue?"

[Socko] "Of course, this all happened because..."

[Socko] "Stephen is a F@#%&$ng moron!"
Evil Reigns!!!!
Shadowking
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

My responses

Post by Shadowking »

Frankly, I expected more. I imagined a Van Richten's guide-style article on psycopaths and a collection of human scum NPCs (criminals, madmen, murdersrs and perverts) of the worst sort, articles on evil PCs and so on. Just look on the real world and how much evil man commits- I expected a HUGE issue crammed-full of ideas. I guess my expectations were too high because of the GREAT issue 8 and issue 9.
The issue was simply too short (too few articles), but I from what I read I liked Andre Duvet and the Heart of Stone story. The Eye was also quite original but more details would've helped. I didn't like the humorous take on Drusilla in the Fraternity article.

Also, what do you people think of my 3 articles? Which of them did you like the best?
"To bring down the monster you have to become a monster"
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

I LOVED Socko. :lol:
No, really.

I enjoyed the wide use of the BoVD, tough it never seemed so widespread in Ravenloft the worship of demons (except those trapped in the demiplane, as Marasmos).

The article on the "actors"' troupe was probably one of the most disturbing thing I've ever read: lot of campaign ideas! ;)

The Lost Gazetteer was probably the most funny thing I've ever read. :D
Frankly, I expected more. I imagined a Van Richten's guide-style article on psycopaths and a collection of human scum NPCs (criminals, madmen, murdersrs and perverts) of the worst sort, articles on evil PCs and so on.
"Van Richten's Guide to the filth of humanity"? :|
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham!
Too bad we haven't been able to get the walls padded yet. It would have saved on some of the damages... :wink:
Shadowking wrote:I expected a HUGE issue crammed-full of ideas. I guess my expectations were too high because of the GREAT issue 8 and issue 9. The issue was simply too short (too few articles), but I from what I read I liked Andre Duvet and the Heart of Stone story.
Frankly, we were expecting more as well. Unfortunately, there is only so much we can do when we don't have more contributions from the other members on the board. It might have just been a matter of bad timing or lack of inspiration, but we didn't get the response to this theme for which we were hoping. :(
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:
Mortavius wrote:Ummmm....what happened to the Complete Misty Warrior? I see my name in the credits, but no article? I know I was a few scant days late in submitting, but I was told that the article was okay, and it made it in...?
[Socko] "Stephen can't talk to you right now,"

[Socko] "He's too busy working on the third version of this issue,"

[Socko] "Did you know this will be the third version of this issue?"

[Socko] "Of course, this all happened because..."

[Socko] "Stephen is a F@#%&$ng moron!"
A) I need to hand Scs a page that one of my *ahem* minions took out of the Lost Gazetteer to line the bird cage with...
B) Someone tell Scs that pounding his head against the walls won't help anything: the paintings in the gallery are falling off their hooks because of this...
and
C) YOU HAVE A BAD BAD POTTY MOUTH AND YOU MUST BE PUNISHED!!!
*pulls Sock-o off of Scs' hand and puts the wretched thing in a washing machine*
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I'm enjoying it so far but have mixed feelings of the humour in the FoS article. Druscilla and Socko and all. Could have been done a tad more... sinister. But really leaving them out was not an option.
Good stuff otherwise, I'll hopefully be more detailed with time.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Hey, if anyone remembers my credit a few issues ago about me writing Of Reavers? Well that has yet to appear anywhere :lol: As far as I know it was reviewed and formatted, but since then I have no idea except it was to appear at some point :P heheheheheheh.
Swallow your soul!
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Yeah, that rings a bell Wiccy.

There should be a new rule, anything that gets forgotten gets automatically promoted to USS status.
Gentleman

Post by Gentleman »

I congratulate you on a most excellent issue, chaps.

I particularly enjoyed Drusilla, fully statted up and ready to go. I've always been fond of this particular Cockney vampiress, and so was very glad to see that someone had finally got around to statting her up.

Cheers! :twisted:
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I'm the guilty party responsible for writing up Drusilla, though she was later heavily reviewed for copyright issues ;) lol.

Well, someone had to do it and I'm not as afraid of her as the others... or at least I admit to that when she is not around, like now, she's out shopping (in other words she's out killing people and taking their stuff) again.

She was fun to write though, glad you enjoyed her write up Gentleman :)
Swallow your soul!
ScS of the Fraternity

Okay, my turn to weigh in;

I loved the Heart of Stone story. It was a nice, short mystery in the Sherlock Homes style. Could have used a little more supernatural elements, but still very good.

Show Must Go On was a tres creepy take on Manhunt. This is probably the most hardcore article that we've approved - and certainly a good contribution.

The Lost Gazatteer was a hilarious strip and very well drawn. I especially liked the shot of S and the kid with a gun on his nose. Could a sequal be brewing?

Andre Duvet was a nice addition - certainly made the best of the issue's theme. Nice corruption powers.

The Four Horsemen were a very neat concept - certainly easily adapted to a campaign based around Necropolis, Death and his minions.
Evil Reigns!!!!