Wasn't there a Ravenloft 5e here?

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Hell_Born
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wasn't there a Ravenloft 5e here?

Post by Hell_Born »

I may just be in complete mental meltdown, but didn't the Fraternity of Shadows have its own 5e Ravenloft conversion that it hosted here at one point? I just recommended it to somebody elsewhere on the net, they asked me where it was, and now I can't find it... but I'm positive you guys had one. Have I gone nuts?
"Is there any word more meaningless than 'hope'? Besides 'blarfurgsnarg,' of course."

"Seek and Locate! Locate and Destroy! Destroy and Rejoice!"
brothersale
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Wasn't there a Ravenloft 5e here?

Post by brothersale »

Hell_Born wrote:I may just be in complete mental meltdown, but didn't the Fraternity of Shadows have its own 5e Ravenloft conversion that it hosted here at one point? I just recommended it to somebody elsewhere on the net, they asked me where it was, and now I can't find it... but I'm positive you guys had one. Have I gone nuts?
Just the fourth edition, the 5e is available on drivethrurpg's DM Guild https://www.dmsguild.com/product/278550 ... _45462_0_0
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Yes, "5 minute workday" is the brand of our own David "Jester" Gibson. He worked out some initial drafts of this material here in the forum, but ultimately published it on DM's Guild. We should probably put a more prominent link to it somewhere.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

I'll have to pick up that bundle off the DM's Guild so I can update Monte Mal. Edit: And I know, I've been saying I need to update it for years. I'm 2k words into a new netbook as of today, though.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Hell_Born wrote:I may just be in complete mental meltdown, but didn't the Fraternity of Shadows have its own 5e Ravenloft conversion that it hosted here at one point? I just recommended it to somebody elsewhere on the net, they asked me where it was, and now I can't find it... but I'm positive you guys had one. Have I gone nuts?
Bit of a necro here to explain.

I posted the rough draft on the forums, editing as I went and collecting feedback.
The original thread was here: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... f=1&t=8786
And comments are here: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... f=1&t=9003

Originally I had planned to just release it for free like the 4th Edition update I also released. And that's how it was for a year: just a Google Docs of the rules for fans.
But then after a year or so the DMsGuild came out and I was able to post the document there and make it available to a wider audience of fans. And have it hosted legally (rather than here where it would be technically illegal). WotC could shut us down at any minute, but as long as we're not making money and not taking attention away from their books, it's easier for them to let us be.

We're playing in WotC's sandbox with their toys. If I can at all work with their services I prefer to do so.