A halfling walks in the alleys (2)

The Halfling campaign
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Where Cole's spell did nothing, RT's attack is clearly noticed by the creature. It snarls and thrashes, more tentacles snaking in RT's direction. Meanwhile, Cole has begun sawing away at the tentacles holding him, still keeping up a truly creative string of vile invectives.
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn snorted in frustration and gave one final yank on the rope, then let it go as he drew his bastard sword in both hands and charged, slashing at the creature's main body mass.
"I see. You think you're clever. But are you more clever then Jesus?"
"Well, I did do rather nicely on my SATs. . ."
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Bronn's strike cuts a deep gash into the creature's scaly hide, and the monster warbles in what appears to be pain. At the same time, however, its black ichor fountains out of the wound, coating Bronn in the disgusting substance. The blood doesn't appear to be dangerous in any way, but the unholy stench nearly makes Bronn retch, even in the sewer. Meanwhile, the tentacles questing after RT are withdrawn, snaking towards the Nova Vaasan mercenary, while the tentacles holding Cole slacken their grip slightly.
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn lets go of the bastard sword with his left hand, single-handing it easily, as he draws his longsword as well. He seems content to use the longsword to bat away questing tentacles while aiming another powerful slash at the creature's mouth.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

The monster catches Bronn's next swing in its jaws, apparently without feeling much pain. It starts trying to tug his sword away with its mouth, whiles its tentacles continue to harrass him. Cole has finally extrciated himself, seeming a bit the worse for wear, and he draws his flintlock, levels it at the creature, and pulls the trigger.

Nothing happens.

Teach me to get gunpowder wet, I suppose.
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn bellows a curse and shifts his stance slightly so his left side was forward, putting the longsword to work on the offensive as well, apparently willing to take a hit or two if he's able to kill the thing in the process.
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT bats away the creatures half-hearted attempts at her and stops long enough to wipe her face clean of muck. She makes a face and avoids retching by pure force of will. Once again closing with the creature she stays well clear of Bronn and his blades.
If love is blind why is lingerie so popular?
Grug the Caliban
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Grug the Caliban »

Seeing that Cole is now free, Jebeddo rushes over and starts to cast curative spells on him in hopes that he can get Cole strong enough to at least get out of this wretched sewer.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Cole manages a smirk as he ruefully stuffs the pistol into a cloak pocket.

"I'll live. Help them kill that thing."

The monster, pressed from two sides, is apparently too dimwitted to care. RT's attacks leave their share of injuries, but the monster remains focused on Bronn, still tugging at his sword, and taking savage wounds from the mounting assault.
Grug the Caliban
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Grug the Caliban »

Jebeddo, having never seen a beast like this before, is unsure of what to do to combat it until he realizes that they are all in a dark sewer. He casts sunlight in the sewer, hoping to blind the beast or at least stun it for a couple seconds.

"I hope you guys like bright lights"
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Jebeddo's spell goes off rather spectacularly, illuminating the conflict with a clean, white radiance. Unfortunately, since the monster has no eyes, its only immediate effect is to make it a little easier for the combatants to evade its tentacles.
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT blinks back tears from the sudden light and continues her assualt, never gettting too close, never getting entirely out of range. She flicks her blades through the tentacles, severing or maiming as many as she can reach rather than trying to kill the creature flat out.
If love is blind why is lingerie so popular?
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn squints and curses under his breath before pressing the attack again, hoping to kill the creature before the spell dropped. He knew that when the spell went out, he would be fighting blind for a little, as his eyes would need to readjust.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

The combined assault begins to take its toll. The creature's jaws release Bronn's sword, but it cannot retreat fast enough. Soon it has stopped moving, its grotestque body rolling over once in the filth of the sewer.

Cole shakes his head.

"Whatever that was, I hope we don't run into any more. That was far too difficult."
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn spit on the creature, quickly wiping his blades as best he could before sheathing them.

"Agreed." he looks at Cole. "Feel up to continueing?"