A halfling sits down (OOC6)

The Halfling campaign
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Heeeeeey.... my namesake's not definitively dead! Wow.

You guys work slowly. ;)
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

The "Halfling Walks" series is like a fine wine. You and I crushed the grapes that Crackhedmo had left behind, and everyone else has contributed scents and flavors as this wine has aged over time. Unfortunately, it seems that we might not have bottled it very well, because I think that we're starting to get some vinegar in the bottles... :roll:

Anyway, great to see you again, number 2! :D
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Mmm... What?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Eh. I think the vintage is just corked, is all... 8)
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Is someone suggesting that the casks be popped open and added to so as to keep the vinegar away?
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive and trying to follow the game whenever I can, even though I'm not active in it. I like the game though so keep it up :)
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Which game Wiccy?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Turnip
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Turnip »

So I have a question after looking over this forum...

I started a thread a long time ago at the old Kargatane site (sevenish years) under the name Crackhedmo. The name of the thread was A Halfling Walks into a Bar, it was just a random rp thread. I was playing a halfing called Banob in the thread. Did these perhaps snowball from that? I mean I stopped coming to the website probably a few months after that thread had started and didn't have much to do with it afterword. But I was just curious. The titles just brought back the memories of some of the old community for me.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Turnip wrote:So I have a question after looking over this forum...

I started a thread a long time ago at the old Kargatane site (sevenish years) under the name Crackhedmo. The name of the thread was A Halfling Walks into a Bar, it was just a random rp thread. I was playing a halfing called Banob in the thread. Did these perhaps snowball from that? I mean I stopped coming to the website probably a few months after that thread had started and didn't have much to do with it afterword. But I was just curious. The titles just brought back the memories of some of the old community for me.
Yes, it is actually the continuation of that story. We just took it and repackaged it with our own additions and as the years went on, new characters. :wink:
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Turnip wrote:I started a thread a long time ago at the old Kargatane site (sevenish years) under the name Crackhedmo.
Holy cow! Crackhedmo has turned into a turnip after all of these years... :? Good to see you again, though.
Turnip wrote:The name of the thread was A Halfling Walks into a Bar, it was just a random rp thread. I was playing a halfing called Banob in the thread. Did these perhaps snowball from that? I mean I stopped coming to the website probably a few months after that thread had started and didn't have much to do with it afterword.
As Coan already stated in his post above, the story has been continuing on long after you disappeared several years ago. Cole and I (Javier Phenergan at that time) were the two playing in the thread when you disappeared. When you didn't returned, we decided to just play around with things for a while, but the story just kept growing and new people started asking to join. Within the first year, the story had covered a lot of ground and we had a group of 7-8 players.

Things have waxed and waned over the years, since old players moved on and new players joined the action. However, the story has pretty much been going and going since the original thread at the Kargatane... 8)
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Turnip
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Turnip »

Wow, it's very cool to have taken part in something so epic, no matter how small the role.

/wave anyone that remembers me. :) Glad to be back.
Turnip
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Turnip »

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:
Holy cow! Crackhedmo has turned into a turnip after all of these years... :? Good to see you again, though.
True story...

Actually this is the name of the NPC Halfling (coincidently) that I'm running in my current Ravenloft campain.

Although the original banob was an npc that I was running in my game at the time too.

Everything comes in circles it seems. :)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Crackhedmo!?

Do you intend to keep up the same habbit of dropping in and out every couple of years? :)
My DMGuild work!
Turnip
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Turnip »

Alhoon,

I think your forum signature answers that question far better than I ever could.

To be honest life's taken me by the hand and drug me in directions unexpected. However I'm back somewhere familiar again rl and rl wise. Real life and Ravenloft respectively. It had been a long time since I had thought about the Secrets of the Kargatane. I looked at the site and the fact that it had been down for 4 years without me so much as looking at it. I took some blame as I realized that my non readership couldn't have helped matters. I was overjoyed to find the link here with the old names (and Javier who switched up names on me). I'm glad to see you guys are still doing the netbooks and running the forums. I had some of the best dm to dm discussions that I've ever had back at the old site. So much so that I immediatly opened up my current game for a little advice session in the general forum. And same ol same ol, good positive suggestions and critiques I love it. :)

Thanks for keeping everything alive guys and gals.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Wow.... talk about a blast from the past...

Damn, Mo.

The damage this campaign did to my GPA some semesters... I blame you! :lol: