A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel draws his gun, moves towards a window and looks carefully outside. Since everyone has gone towards the door, no one has looked around and the psion wants to be sure that nothing else is hidden out there.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

What Ixevim beholds makes his body shiver, huge rifts and mounds in the earth have been formed from underneath the ground. Large pillars of stone have been shot into the air under the pressure from below, and near the tower a gargantuan monster (for there could be no other description) coils itself like a giant snake ready to bite. The thing was huge and was obviously born from the earth, a gigantic worm deep scarlet and violet in colour. It suddenly writhed its head and opened a jaw revealing a rolling mass of teeth and muscle. A jet of rock shoots forth from the ground and a large barbed tail snakes out, moving as if it was taking stock of the surroundings.

Artemis floats nearby roughly 25 feet in the air, the space around him shimmers slightly in blue as the woman of the tower is seen near the creature -wrestling to move the transfixed elder Ixevim who is yelling indescipherably at the beast. The distance away from the tower is roughly 60 feet between a maze of ruins and old monuments that litter the landscape.

(Intiative checks and any knowledge checks you believe relevant please).
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

(Initiative hits 10; no Knowledge will be applied. Robert intends to cleanse it from the earth, not understand its life-cycle.)

The cleric calls upon his god to smite the monstrosity with the purifying fire of the sun (Searing Light)
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC1> Init: 4! :( Kimuriel seems to wait to do something only when the whole worm gets out! :lol:

IC> Despite the window Kimuriel sees clearly the huge worm getting out and understands that he has to do something for the old Ixevim and the woman before it's to late. Swearing between his teeth, he concentrates, focusing on elder Ixevim and on the woman.

OOC2> When will come Kimuriel turn, he will manifest telekinesis on old Ixevim and the woman in order to save them from the warm. Has the old Ixevim any resistance?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

<OOC> I'm not dead. Just recovering from a power outage that started on Thursday night. It's late Tuesday now, so... Initiative is a 17. Everyone else bombed their rolls, I see. </OOC>

Albert manages to slip ahead of the others at the door, sword in hand. In moments like these, he really wished he had his halberd back, but took a moment to study for the best course of action given the fact he was dealing with a creature he had never seen before.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

OOC: Initiative 18 for the beast.

As Albert steps past the door the creature turns slightly towards him seeming to notice his presence as he moves between the ruins and large stones surrounding the area. A moment passes but the creature does not seem to mind him yet and instead lunges its huge maw towards the elder Ixevim, it manages to only scrap the human as its crushing teeth miss its mark and sprays rock into the air with the force of its blow. Still the man yells in pain as blood pours from his light wound.

Albert meanwhile moved to closer to the creature. Taking a moment to study it more closely he noticed a distinct lack of eyes and a worm like motion. It seemed the creature was definatley an underground animal.

OOC: You didn't say you were attacking so I'm assuming Albert moved closer and is considering tactics, this will give you a +2 bonus to attack next round. If you have any question while studying it feel free to ask (you can also circle it if you wish).

Meanwhile from the door a thin cloud of golden light moves towards the creature -wrapping around it and then suddenly brightning. The worm screaches it pain as the cloud turns to a firey red and sears its flesh before fading.

(Ixevim's turn)
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

<OOC> Wasn't aware that I was going to need to declare an attack, but it wouldn't be bright to attack this thing until he was aware of how to attack it. </OOC>
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim closes to a hopefully safe distance and unleashes a mindblast towards the creature. A good thing it is so tall as the rippling cone of mind energy doesn't endanger his allies... or what the other "Ixevim" is.

OOC> Will DC 18
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The air ripples with psionic energy as the wave moves towards the creature. While its mind is utterly simplistic it is unfortunatley able to shrug off the blast sent towards it.

Kimuriel seizes the chance to forcefully move the elder Ixevim as far away as he can with the woman following quickly behind. Safely out of distance the worm seems confused as they are taken away. Not taking a moment longer the creature turns its head towards Ixevim and unleashes a huge cry before turning itself towards the ground it had emerged from and then begins retreating underground. The earth shifts forcefully as its maw eats away at the rock.

OOC: Next actions please.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

<OOC> What about Robert's action? </OOC>

Albert will move in to get closer, and strike if he can get there without losing his footing on what probably is unsteady ground at this point.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim levitates upwards fearful that the worm will come underhim and chew him with a bite.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

OOC: I love it when my pc fries and dies. Grrr. Got a temporary computer set up now to return things to normal.

At this time Artemis moves away from the creature while a magical surge lashes out from his hands to send a bolt of lightning towards the creature. For the most part it seems effective but does not seem to stop it.

Albert at this time reaches the tail end and attacks, his blade hits true and cuts into the body as purple ichor splashes from the wound.

(The creature will be underground after people's remaining actions).

Edit: Albert attacks, not Robert -typo.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Quiet pervades the air after the creature disappears under rock and earth. Tremors sound out with decreasing alicrity.

After a minute of full readiness the group calms.

"What was that?" Rosette calls out from the tower.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim, still levitating send her a telepathic missive "I would advise you to stay where you're. While this thing seemed to have returned underground, we should probably stay alert and return to the tower."

He send them all a telepathic message "We better return to the tower. It may return."

OOC: How did the other Ixevim reacted to the telepathic message?
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The elder Ixevim seems unaffected by the telepathy as the group moved slowly towards the tower. Carefully observing their surroundings.

"You must go now" the woman says once they are safe "Go to Hazlan and find a way to return to your time. I wish I could be more useful to you but I only have one name that may assist. Seek out the town of Nebai, Artemis mentioned it years ago that answers could be found there should I ever meet you in this... space."