A halfling walks to church (3)

The Halfling campaign
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

A halfling walks to church (3)

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Since I am feeling tired and rather uninspired at this point in time, there will be no witty introduction from me. I'll merely let the group pick up where the previous thread has left off. Please note, that this will be the last walks to church thread. We will be starting a new set of chapters by the time this thread gets locked. Enjoy!

Jason
Last edited by Jason of the Fraternity on Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The maid at Kimuriel's side seems let down slightly and she places her hands infront of her as she looks to the ground for a moment.

"Its just I wanted to ask for your help sir... what with the disturbance in the jail and strange people -oh please dont tell m'kady about this but we maid's are ever so worried." she nods slightly and regains her composure "But I will not bother you further. As for your question I do not rightly know where your companions are."

At this time Nostalia nods gently at Heinrich's words.

"You are a good man Heinrich and I am sure you know that in this place there is little higher compliment." she turns and looks out the window and breaths deeply causing her slender shoulders to rise then slump as if a heavy coat of pretense or tension has been taken slightly off. "You may ask, though any answer I may give you might not be what you want to hear."

Some minuters earlier Ixevim's mind runs over the strangers thoughts. He seemed to be a highly irritable man before he realised that he was not a man at all but a gnome, a rather tall gnome but still shorter than human. The box was an experiment of some type and this room was 'his'.

"What are you just standing there for. Get cracking I've got to move this box and assemble the blasted thing. Over there on the table. Don't know what you mean about resting though, this is a lab nto some 'hotel'. Though it may as well be with what we managed to salvage from Mordent and Lambordia..." the gnome shrugs the immense grey coat he wears that drags slightly on the ground as he moves.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel bits his down lip at the maid's comment. Maybe he has offended her, which was not his intention. Taking a minute, the psion unleashes his long hair and passes his fingers through them. It’s clear that the last part of the maid’s words he has barely listened it. A spark appears at his green eyes. Then speaks again:

"I'm sorry my lady if I disapointed you. Please let me explain better, I don't like speaking about my life when I don't know anything about the other and especially when a woman like Lady Ivana told me that she has many enemies. You can imagine that I don't want to let her down, revealing any information that she wanted to keep secret. Though, maybe I can help you soon after. It will be my pleasure. But first may you tell me what do you know about the jail and these... strange people? For what I know there was no one else there expect me and my companions. How do you know that something happens? And if you know so many things, may you also tell me if you had same problems before and what was happening with Lady Romaine till our arrival and what happened to the guards in the jail?”

Kimuriel is very calm while makes his questions and tries to not intimidate the woman, but at the same time he wants to make sure to her that he demands a straight and sincere answer. As always, Kimuriel studies very well the maid in order to understand if she says the truth.
Last edited by VAN on Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Heinrich shakes his head and stands once more, corssing to Nostalia.

"I am no more a betetr man than anyone, I just do what I must and hope it is enough. That is all anyone does."

"But I am wanting to learn more of you my lady, to me you are very much a mystery. To find you in danger and then find you are close to Lady Boritsi. I suppose my first question would be as to how you know her so well? Are the two of you close?"
Swallow your soul!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Nostalia laughs a quiet bitter sound and sits onto the foot of the bed -brushing a stray hair behind her ear and straightening her scarlet skirts absently as she speaks.

"I believe I once loved her... though that was a long time ago. She and I grew up together and ...well, her mother was a tyrant." she says the word with a sense of hate unabatted after so many years "She would torment women, children and men alike. There was a coup..." she lowers her head "D-do you understand?" she asks not looking at him but away
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich gently places a hand on Nostalia's sleeve.

"Aye, I understand very well my lady. Complications always put a strain on people and a tyrant, even if they are loved is still a tyrant and must be overthrown. You and I are not so different, we have both fought to bring better days to your lands we have loved and possibly lost through our turmoil."

He sat bedside her, being careful not to sit to close out of manners and courtesy. He rested his forearms on his thighs and lent forward a little.

"I believe the coup was successful and Lady Boritsi's mother was overthrown, otherwise... well, you would not be here would you?"

He looked at her then and smiled warmly.
Swallow your soul!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The maid looks around once more to ensure no one is around before speaking.

"I was working with near the jail about a month ago when strange things started happening sir. The guards would start complaining of sickness in the prisoners... I mean thats to be expected but the bodies." she raises a hand to her mouth as if still choking back the memory "The dead didn't look normal... their faces were all stretched out in ... what is that word for when they...?" pointing to her lips she smiled brightly

"Rictus?" Kimuriel put in "Its what the body does shortly after death. It stiffens."

The maid shoke her head
"Maybe that was it... but the eyes they were bleeding and ...weeping blood is what ol'Pip sayed. I got out of that job quick smart and heard that M'Lady was alive -that is how I got here."

"Was there anything else strange?" the half-elf prompted

"Listen sir I'm getting in enough trouble talking with a non-human but... I often saw a gentlman going to the jails -dressed all fancy, big long arms and pot belly. Gangly I guess... and then I heard Nostalia was captured..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel listens with great interest what the maid was saying. When she finished, the half-elf lowers his head for an instant, shaking it with disappointment and then raises it again, looking directly in the maid’s eyes and says:

“I can understand that this story about the strange corpses in the jail has for sure frightened you. But permit me to give you a piece of advice, when you want to ask someone, especially to one who you don’t know well, his help, it’s much better if you don’t offend him. Maybe I’m not a human, but despite my nature you have asked my help. That means that you want me to help you.

Listen, I’m very interested to the jail and to what had happened there. I know that maybe is difficult to you, but I need more details.”

Kimuriel gets some steps back and points the chair to the woman.

“Please, have a seat. May you tell me who is Pip and if this Gangly looked like a human? You have said that he has big long arms. Have you noticed or heard that anything strange happened when he came to the jail? Or it was everything normal when he was leaving?

Ahh, and if it still matters you the jail is now empty. My companions and I have forced
these corpses to rest forever. I don’t think that they can create any more problems. We have freed also Lady Nostalia.”
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Nostalia gives a small sigh of relief at Heinrich's words. It is evident they have been troubling her for some time. Turning to watch him she smiles.

"Thankyou for saying that. I to believe we should continue to fight on for our loved countries... we live in dark times but perhaps we can bring some light in. Indeed that is why I was captured, trying to supplant false information in Pieter's ranks. However he had a new lieutenant that I was not aware of, some Invidian demon called Otto Feldspur. But now that you are hear I do not fear him so."

As the name is spoken Heinrich's mind juts into motion. There was a director of Falkovnia called Feldspur. He had been in charge of ensuring some central settlements were kept in order, he usually did so by executing the wives and children of Falkovnian soldiers that complained of Invidian occupation before having the man strung up. 'Otto the Red' was a common name he had earned from his supposed tendancy of crossing hundreds of names a month in the census books in red ink for seemingly random execution.

But what was he doing here?
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The maid nods silently as if in thought but remains standing as she tries to remember.

"Well ol'Pip was me uncle before the rebellion and my fleeing to the Lady's side. Now he works for 'his mighty lordship'" she says the words with sarcasm "He aint no relative of mine now. But before all that, this man was makign trips to the jail and kicking out all the jailers. He arrived shortly after Pieter took over. My friend Susy says he's some noble or something because she was talking about his disgusting warts that she saw at a Court party she was cooking for... before she died -its bad when you loose so much, and thats why I wanted to know what was going on. If you cleaned the jail I thankyou."
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich nods slowly.

"I believe I know the man, or know of him at least, he is no better than a thug and a butcher. His actions only hepled to strengthen the resistance at times, but he could stamp out interest in out cause just as swiftly through the same actions. Feldspur is a man much like the former tyrant of my land, he revells in the misery and suffering of those around him."

As he was talking, one of his hands had clenched into a fist.

"If I were ever to meet him, there would be no secnd for he would be dead in a pool of his own blood."
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

“I see. Well you have answered me about Ol’Pip. But what else can you say me about Gangly? He looked like a human with his long big arms? And do you know if anything was alright in the jail when he was leaving?”
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The maid thinks again.

"The ugly man went into the jail at odd times but why I don't know. He didn't seemed harmed if thats what you mean. Maybe he was meeting someone or just torturing the prisoners... I hear some men pay to be alone with them." she gave a involuntary shiver "But besides his large stomach and long arms I can't say much else about him. Never saw him up close... oh wait a minute he 'ad big hands and feet. Bit of an oaf I guess built up like that."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Bit of an oaf? That's a bit strange. Do you know if he is still around? Maybe I can have a "friendly" talk with him and learn all the details I need."
Last edited by VAN on Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC1>I post instead of alhoon.

IC> Still reading the strange gnome’s mind, Ixevim offers his hand and says:

“I apologize for my manners. I’m Dr Xevim. Who have I the honor to speak to?”

Turning his eyes to the strange box, Ixevim asks:

“If I may ask, what is this box? If you tell me, I may be able to help you with your experiment.”

OOC2> Ixevim will not touch a mechanical box, in the Boritsi Estate without being sure if it is safe to do so, especially after Artemis’ bomb.

On the other hand the Creator within Ixevim is interested in such things. Ixevim is interested in “what was managed to be salvaged from Mordent and Lamordia.”

Ixevim checks the gnome’s mind in order to see if he is lying/ check for clues.
Ixevim isn’t bothered with a deep probe, he just wants truthful answers.
- W H A T ! ? !