View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:21 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Dom Rassveta - Calling All Dungeon Masters 
Author Message
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:28 am
Posts: 240
Post Re: Dom Rassveta - Calling All Dungeon Masters
I find every ideas here very interesting, and reading this has been entertaining to say the least.
But I still can't get the point of this thread :lol:. Let me explain: I don't get why is this made.
Is this some sort of excercise to improve descriptions/Immagination?
Sharing some ideas? Get some hint from other members?

Thanks in advance for the clarification, I will probably post something here.

Ps: i really liked the part with the four poster bed. It made me chills, wandering what lay past the curtains. Please complete it and tell me what you immagine. I am curious!


Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:42 am
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6487
Location: New Jersey
Post Re: Dom Rassveta - Calling All Dungeon Masters
Nox wrote:
I find every ideas here very interesting, and reading this has been entertaining to say the least.
But I still can't get the point of this thread :lol:. Let me explain: I don't get why is this made.
Is this some sort of excercise to improve descriptions/Immagination?
Sharing some ideas? Get some hint from other members?


If I understand correctly, the idea is to make a collaborative creation together. Five has provided the framework. Anyone else can take an element and add to it. Piece by piece, we'd build the house together. Right?

_________________
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."


Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:28 am
Posts: 240
Post Re: Dom Rassveta - Calling All Dungeon Masters
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Nox wrote:
I find every ideas here very interesting, and reading this has been entertaining to say the least.
But I still can't get the point of this thread :lol:. Let me explain: I don't get why is this made.
Is this some sort of excercise to improve descriptions/Immagination?
Sharing some ideas? Get some hint from other members?


If I understand correctly, the idea is to make a collaborative creation together. Five has provided the framework. Anyone else can take an element and add to it. Piece by piece, we'd build the house together. Right?


I just read the last Five comment, and If I understand correctly he says that this is getting messy and instead of having the Dom Rassveta a physical location on ravenloft he will post here any encounter/location/npc/event/etc that is ravenloft themed, AFAIK is something similar to random hook thread, but still different.


Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:58 am
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:59 am
Posts: 380
Post Re: Dom Rassveta - Calling All Dungeon Masters
Nox wrote:
But I still can't get the point of this thread :lol:. Let me explain: I don't get why is this made.
Is this some sort of excercise to improve descriptions/Immagination?
Sharing some ideas? Get some hint from other members?

Thanks in advance for the clarification, I will probably post something here.

Ps: i really liked the part with the four poster bed. It made me chills, wandering what lay past the curtains. Please complete it and tell me what you immagine. I am curious!


All good. :)

The point of this thread is exactly as Gonzoron said:
Quote:
If I understand correctly, the idea is to make a collaborative creation together. Five has provided the framework. Anyone else can take an element and add to it. Piece by piece, we'd build the house together. Right?


Yet the beauty of it is (in theory, and from my point of view anyway) that because it is a collaboration then its actual dimensions are both limitless and piecemeal. Eventually, with enough ideas generated (rooms, oddities, encounters, etc), then any DM who stumbles upon this thread can very easily piece together/customize their own version of "Dom Rassveta". Take what you like, ignore what you don't like, modify the so-so, or build on an extension. There is no wrong approach.

Essentially, it's a random hook thread for haunted houses. It all depends on your approach. If you want to add on to an existing idea, then awesome. Do it. If you want to claim your own room (or wing, or floor for that matter!), then do it. Play your hand at Frankenstein and create something wicked for the PCs. Fine strokes, broad strokes, it's all up to you, this thread's DM. I try to leave mine as a sort of imaginative tease (I'm not a writer)...but that's just my approach.

Ideally, the literal result of "Dom Rassveta" should give any cartographer a right bloody headache. ;) haha Yet keep in mind that, again, only YOU can lay the actual foundations.

And the change I made was more to reflect my malleable methods (sometimes annoying) of imaginative output than anything. I wanted to present just enough of the original idea behind this thread as examples, but with no bites it was becoming more linear than I wanted. So I switched gears and tried for a more "remote random", or "episodic fragment"...that still can be tied-in to Dom Rassveta, but can equally be tied to anywhere else.

Dunno if that makes any sense; kinda hard to explain thought process. :P


Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:32 pm
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:28 am
Posts: 240
Post Re: Dom Rassveta - Calling All Dungeon Masters
Five wrote:
Yet the beauty of it is (in theory, and from my point of view anyway) that because it is a collaboration then its actual dimensions are both limitless and piecemeal. Eventually, with enough ideas generated (rooms, oddities, encounters, etc), then any DM who stumbles upon this thread can very easily piece together/customize their own version of "Dom Rassveta". Take what you like, ignore what you don't like, modify the so-so, or build on an extension. There is no wrong approach.

Essentially, it's a random hook thread for haunted houses. It all depends on your approach. If you want to add on to an existing idea, then awesome. Do it. If you want to claim your own room (or wing, or floor for that matter!), then do it. Play your hand at Frankenstein and create something wicked for the PCs. Fine strokes, broad strokes, it's all up to you, this thread's DM. I try to leave mine as a sort of imaginative tease (I'm not a writer)...but that's just my approach.

Ideally, the literal result of "Dom Rassveta" should give any cartographer a right bloody headache. ;) haha Yet keep in mind that, again, only YOU can lay the actual foundations.

And the change I made was more to reflect my malleable methods (sometimes annoying) of imaginative output than anything. I wanted to present just enough of the original idea behind this thread as examples, but with no bites it was becoming more linear than I wanted. So I switched gears and tried for a more "remote random", or "episodic fragment"...that still can be tied-in to Dom Rassveta, but can equally be tied to anywhere else.

Dunno if that makes any sense; kinda hard to explain thought process. :P

Awesome, Thanks for the clarification! This is a very nice idea, it could be a really useful tool for anyone who wants to build a haunted house!
As someone said maybe in the general forum it could be more visible for everyone!
Anyway keep up the good work! I will post something soon!


Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.