Darkling giving advice

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Hamiclar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Darkling giving advice

Post by Hamiclar »

Fellow game members I am redoing the beginning of feast of Gobyns and was debating of having the group encounter a Darkling in a village which had recently been invaded by beasts from the undead priestess in the caverns. Now being that they are self serving individuals, I may have him recognize the group for who and what they are and steer them towards Akrial's plan and also letting Lukas discover it nonchalantly after the group leaves for Gundarak and their part in the Hex, that Lukas knows about also. Regarding knowledge how much would he trade regarding the crown and 3rd prophecy for what the group encountered in Har Akir regarding Sand zombies and the groups fulfillment of the first two prophecies which he would later sell to the Kargatine people to pass along to King Rex to set in plans for From the Shadows. These will be cut scenes the second time I am using it. Now he has the sight and I was debating on having them get a hint of one their goals later in Expedition ravenloft with Green hag and the witches and what they summon. And how they would want to stop that and the arcane knowledge my wizard character would want. Off topic the players has hinted he wants to read the book when he reads and finishes Prince of Twilight which I am putting at a DC of 25 to discover the first spell and 30 DC Arcane for the second. I may tie the darkling into the adventure later when they get the crown either as a friend or foe in their decision to the crown. I may give them a image of the adventure after Expedition being Vecna reborn. I was debating on either describing the road with marks or possibly the city the skulls. Or other options maybe the battle field of death they have to travel through later. Now I was debating on giving him the freedom to roam but his curse being he can never stay the night with them he dispels all charms laid by the vistani. His curse is tied into magic music item with the undead and tied into the Violin tune from Queen of the Damned. The group would also run into their first hive undead ability which is stalking the darlking for his crime.