Campaign Journal for the Veranda Questions?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Campaign Journal for the Veranda Questions?

Post by Nox »

Hi!
A very brief question:
I'd like to try to write my campaign down for the Veranda, but in my campaign the PCs don't know their own background. They woke up in a tomb without any memories. They will start to get it back and find clues on what happened to them during the campaign.

Should I put their Backgrounds, the secrets and the unkown infos straight in the PC section or should I avoid it untill they find it out in game?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Campaign Journal for the Veranda Questions?

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I suppose it depends on how likely you think your players are to find it, and how much you can trust them not to look if you ask them not to.

Personally, if I were reading, I'd like to know the secrets, but some people might want to experience it as your players do.

If you want, you could put the secrets in a separate file, with a spoiler warning at the start of it.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Campaign Journal for the Veranda Questions?

Post by Nox »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:I suppose it depends on how likely you think your players are to find it, and how much you can trust them not to look if you ask them not to.

Personally, if I were reading, I'd like to know the secrets, but some people might want to experience it as your players do.

If you want, you could put the secrets in a separate file, with a spoiler warning at the start of it.
I may sound dumb, but DAMN! I didnt think about it! :mrgreen:
I'll put the secrets in a separate file. Simple solutions are always best solutions!