Werewolf in Hiding

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Werewolf in Hiding

Post by Ender »

Any adventures you guys can think of specifically about being trapped with a group of people and one of them is a werewolf/wolfwere/loup-garou/other predatory shapeshifter? I'd guess one would be likely to find a Verbrek or Kartakass adventure about this.
Deewun
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Werewolf in Hiding

Post by Deewun »

Blood in Moondale, from the Book of Crypts, is exactly what you are looking for. It is set in Liffe, but you could easily move it wherever you wanted, no problem. I plan on using this myself in the future, really fun.

Dark of the Moon is a whole adventure with this feel to it as well, set in Vorostokov. Much larger and fuller, but still real good, if you don't mind the Siberia/Frozen Winter stuff to go along with it.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Ender wrote:Any adventures you guys can think of specifically about being trapped with a group of people and one of them is a werewolf/wolfwere/loup-garou/other predatory shapeshifter? I'd guess one would be likely to find a Verbrek or Kartakass adventure about this.
If you don't mind converting it from Gothic Earth (a West Virginian coal mining mountain town) and can get your hands on it, Fall's Run is quite a good one if you like investigation and extensive NPC interaction with LOTS of NPCs. The party is trapped in a little mountain town after the train crashes and it's deathly chill out. There aren't any mountains that I know of in the regions of Kartakass or Verbrek, but you might be able to fit the town in an area of the Arklasias overlapping/bordering with the Mistwood. Some of the hilly regions in Invidia might work too, like the Crucible
VIEW CONTENT:
The wolfwere in question also has the service of an evil qabal of low-level magic users, and an angry ghost of a murdered news reporter seeks revenge.
There's also a werewolf adventure in Book of Crypts, though it's not really trapped so much as drafted/hired to act as watchmen. Moondale got retroactively pegged into Liffe in Domains of Dread and sources thereafter, but the adventure's really generic so it's portable. Like the other Book of Crypts adventures, it's not spectacular in quality.

Finally, there's an adventure aboard a Mordentish boat in the Sea of Sorrows featuring VR. The Sea Wolf (Dungeon #55). You might be able to change this to a river boat or some such.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

There's also the "Old Kartakan Inn" section of Feast of Goblyns, but that's more of a "monster under the bed" theme than what I gather you're looking for (more of a The Thing, "there's a monster among us," sort of situation, right?)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ender »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:(more of a The Thing, "there's a monster among us," sort of situation, right?)
Precisely what I'm after.
Deewun wrote:Blood in Moondale, from the Book of Crypts, is exactly what you are looking for. It is set in Liffe, but you could easily move it wherever you wanted, no problem. I plan on using this myself in the future, really fun.

Dark of the Moon is a whole adventure with this feel to it as well, set in Vorostokov. Much larger and fuller, but still real good, if you don't mind the Siberia/Frozen Winter stuff to go along with it.
I'll check out Blood in Moondale. I'm a fan of Dark of the Moon, but it's a little different than what I'm looking for.
The Lesser Evil wrote:If you don't mind converting it from Gothic Earth (a West Virginian coal mining mountain town) and can get your hands on it, Fall's Run is quite a good one if you like investigation and extensive NPC interaction with LOTS of NPCs.
Finally, there's an adventure aboard a Mordentish boat in the Sea of Sorrows featuring VR. The Sea Wolf (Dungeon #55). You might be able to change this to a river boat or some such.
The former might be too expansive for what I'm after at the moment... but it sounds intriguing in general, so I'll see if I can find it. The latter might be good, so I'll check that out.
Deewun
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Deewun »

The Lesser Evil wrote:
I can vouch for this one as well, ran it years ago as part of a pirate campaign. Worked well, though to be fair, it is something that you are meant to tweak and twist to fit what you need, so it depends on how much work you want to put into it to really make it shine. Perfectly fine as is, though. *nods*
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

If you don't mind doing a bit of adapting, you could probably get some inspiration from the first Hawk & Fisher-story by Simon R. Green. A considerable part of the story evokes the claustrophobic atmosphere of being stuck inside a building while there is a bestial murderer on the loose -- and a rather more sophisticated one as well.