A Tavelia idea

Discussing all things Ravenloft
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

A Tavelia idea

Post by brilliantlight »

I like the curse they gave Tavelia in the Nocturnal Sea Gazetteer but I would add 2 things 1) It doesn't specify her domain as a demilord I would restrict it to her husband's barony. Every time she tries to leave her fear of Azalin grows stronger and stronger the closer she gets to the border until she starts running back. She feels safest in her house where she is most likely to be effected by her curse. 2) Whenever she is around people of good alignment she is compelled to try and spread the Cult of the Overseer. In this she has been quite successful and it has spread again into several domains. She is compelled every holy day to preach as high priestess of the cult. There are two parts to the curse. First she is scared it will help Azalin to track her down. In this she doesn't have to worry. He knows where she is and figured out what her curse is. He figures that her curse is worse than anything he could do to her and since she can't leave her barony she is no threat to him. So he is quite content to leave her to suffer. The second part is that she again has to take the role that started grating on her. She again has to have a Pollyanna image.