The Grand Conjuntion Campaing

Discussing all things Ravenloft
lucianoluzzi
Conspirator
Conspirator

The Grand Conjuntion Campaing

Post by lucianoluzzi »

Hello FoS pals.
I'm planing on running a Grand Conjunction campaign, with the old modules and following the lvl order (starting with NotWD and so on...).

For the background story, I plan to use Azalin as the mastermind behind the players involvement with the hexad: he will indirectly lead them to completing the profecies.
I plan to use a vistani (or is it vistana the singular form?) loyal to Azalin to lead them from one point to another.
Is it ravenloft lore reliable?

Any other tips to increment the story and create something deeper than justing DMing each module?

Thanks in advance,
Luciano Luzzi.
Hamiclar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Grand Conjuntion Campaing

Post by Hamiclar »

real fun campaign to run. I made it to the third until I got TPK. I really enjoyed the first three modules, I built the tomb of Anktepot last summer for my group with Terraclips it came out great. I ran the first two but modified the encounters and magic items removing most. If your running 3.5 the end boss combat are lame throw lackeys in when fighting. The use the encounter tables don't rely on the encounters from the modules you'll wipe the group out.

I'm starting mine again Sunday but I modified the versus using the House of Gryphon hill as a verse.

I wont have Rex get involved until after the 4th module. My group is going to run self made adventures ending with Hykoska being taken by Kargat agents and my group being taken my the mist soon after. I'm using the Hykoska tribe as the force pushing my group on which will get them in trouble with other vistani tribes later on in the campaign when they complete the Hykoska campaign.

Are you going to run the adventures straight to the end or have filler adventures between them?
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Grand Conjuntion Campaing

Post by The Lesser Evil »

lucianoluzzi wrote:Hello FoS pals.
I'm planing on running a Grand Conjunction campaign, with the old modules and following the lvl order (starting with NotWD and so on...).

For the background story, I plan to use Azalin as the mastermind behind the players involvement with the hexad: he will indirectly lead them to completing the profecies.
I plan to use a vistani (or is it vistana the singular form?) loyal to Azalin to lead them from one point to another.
Is it ravenloft lore reliable?

Any other tips to increment the story and create something deeper than justing DMing each module?

Thanks in advance,
Luciano Luzzi.
If you want a traitor among the Vistani whom is aiding Hyskosa, there is Soldani (Hyskosa's brother) from From the Shadows, whom actively seeks to manipulate the PCs into enacting the prophecy, though this is more dedication to make sure the prophecy comes to pass than a loyalty to Azalin. The Vistani family from Night of the Walking Dead seem pretty intent on passing on the prophecy info to the PCs as well.

You can find some more ideas about running the grand Conjunction campaign in the following discussions linked:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/vi ... onjunction