The four elements

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Azalin Rex
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

The four elements

Post by Azalin Rex »

Who can remind me where in Ravenloft was classic four elements (air,water etc) theme?
A child forever carried by his father never learns to walk, my little servant. Competence cannot be bequeathed.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The four elements

Post by ewancummins »

Azalin Rex wrote:Who can remind me where in Ravenloft was classic four elements (air,water etc) theme?

There's an elemental-themed article in QtR by Garudos, I think. I contributed some of the material.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:
Azalin Rex wrote:Who can remind me where in Ravenloft was classic four elements (air,water etc) theme?

There's an elemental-themed article in QtR by Garudos, I think. I contributed some of the material.

Correction, by Galeros.

It's in issue #18.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

ewancummins wrote:
ewancummins wrote:

Correction, by Galeros.

It's in issue #18.
You contributed to it? It is pretty good.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

My contribution was the bulk of the material in the Domain of Pyre and its darklord, Tindertwig. If you check out the old development thread, you can see chunks of it come from my posts. But I think that the pyro-ent concept was based on a humorous post by Rafael, and I know the Pyre section was edited and completed by Galeros.

Galeros is the author of the article. Just wanted to be clear on that.

Azalin Rex
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Azalin Rex »

Is there some offical materials about it?
A child forever carried by his father never learns to walk, my little servant. Competence cannot be bequeathed.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

ewancummins wrote:My contribution was the bulk of the material in the Domain of Pyre and its darklord, Tindertwig. If you check out the old development thread, you can see chunks of it come from my posts. But I think that the pyro-ent concept was based on a humorous post by Rafael, and I know the Pyre section was edited and completed by Galeros.

You were, but you do deserve credit for your ideas as well.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

The only official thing on Ravenloft's elements (grave, pyre, blood, and mist) were the Ravenloft/Dread elemenntals themselves in the various Ravenloft monster books. There are no official Ravenloft-specific elemental planes/domains.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

brilliantlight wrote:
ewancummins wrote:My contribution was the bulk of the material in the Domain of Pyre and its darklord, Tindertwig. If you check out the old development thread, you can see chunks of it come from my posts. But I think that the pyro-ent concept was based on a humorous post by Rafael, and I know the Pyre section was edited and completed by Galeros.

Thanks.

Galeros gave acknowledgments to everybody who helped.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Lesser Evil wrote:The only official thing on Ravenloft's elements (grave, pyre, blood, and mist) were the Ravenloft/Dread elemenntals themselves in the various Ravenloft monster books. There are no official Ravenloft-specific elemental planes/domains.

Right, making the 'missing' dread elemental planes was essentially what the thread that led to Galeros writing the article was about.

brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

ewancummins wrote:
brilliantlight wrote:

Thanks.

Galeros gave acknowledgments to everybody who helped.
Well, that is good of him.