Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Another topic on Knowledge (Ravenloft)

Post by Nox »

Hi all,

As alwas I come up with new questions every hour :azalin:

I read somewhere that in 3.5 this Skill is considered to be inside the "Knowledge (Planes)" but i think ravenloft is something set aside from this kind of knowledge, since it's a lot different from many other planes (so different that Ravenloft is not only a demi-plane, but an entire setting).. But that's me.

Anyhow, still, What should be the DC of this Skill set?

How much is needed to roll to have basic information on mists? Dark lords? Domains? etc?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Another topic on Knowledge (Ravenloft)

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Here's a previous discussion on it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5306
(skip to the last post on page 2 for what I came up with to tell my player, with everyone's help)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Here's a previous discussion on it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5306
(skip to the last post on page 2 for what I came up with to tell my player, with everyone's help)
Thank you and sorry, search but i didnt find that post.. (I always find new ones but usually not relevant)
Hamiclar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hamiclar »

I'm using that knowledge as the source of my groups early sessions the players has taken knowledge in Ravenloft and being that its not really specific I have used Conjunctions as the source of his knowledge in that his former teacher a wizard was a outlander working for King Rex which after discovering something and being murdered for the knowledge lead the PC an apprentice to run of with set notes but the arcane lock. The player has yet to unlock it but I'll describe that among their own experiences and knowledge picked in lands visited in the Ravenloft adventures NOWD and TOD.