All ravenloft templates?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

All ravenloft templates?

Post by Nox »

Hi all,

Since i'm helping my players building native characters, I let them the possibility to chose one template who is not resembling a monster, taken from the ravenloft manuals (or even fanmade if you have some balanced stuff to advise me).

Is there anyy List of all the templates of ravenloft?

Or could you tell me in which manuals i can find templates?

Thanks !
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: All ravenloft templates?

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

eh, templates? Most templates are for monsters. It's your call of course, but I don't think you need to have everyone in the party have a Ravenloft-esque template to make them feel like natives. I don't think a party with a vampire, a werewolf, a lich, and a ghost, to name 4 templates off the top of my head, is going to blend in very well.

We do have several lists of Ravenloft PC-related stuff here:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/Mausoleum.html

Check out the lists of Feats, Prestige Classes, and spells, if you're looking to add a bit of native flavor to the PCs.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:eh, templates? Most templates are for monsters. It's your call of course, but I don't think you need to have everyone in the party have a Ravenloft-esque template to make them feel like natives. I don't think a party with a vampire, a werewolf, a lich, and a ghost, to name 4 templates off the top of my head, is going to blend in very well.

We do have several lists of Ravenloft PC-related stuff here:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/Mausoleum.html

Check out the lists of Feats, Prestige Classes, and spells, if you're looking to add a bit of native flavor to the PCs.
It would work if the werewolf is a freewilled, intelligent prikolic.

:azalin:

Il Aluk

But I never did use the " Death" series modules, or Necropolis.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

What about a Legacy of Blood campaign?

Let the players pick one family. They all come from that bloodline. All the humans, anyway.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ender »

ewancummins wrote:What about a Legacy of Blood campaign?

Let the players pick one family. They all come from that bloodline. All the humans, anyway.
That. That is a good idea.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

The LoB family traits are really a mixed bag. Having to take a quarter of your levels in aristocrat for the ability to find members of a family that is evil and untrustworthy by nature doesn't really work for a lot of Ravenloft campaigns unless you just want a a straight handicap, for example.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Lesser Evil wrote:The LoB family traits are really a mixed bag. Having to take a quarter of your levels in aristocrat for the ability to find members of a family that is evil and untrustworthy by nature doesn't really work for a lot of Ravenloft campaigns unless you just want a a straight handicap, for example.
Would that matter if most or all of the group had levels in aristocrat?

Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

ewancummins wrote:
The Lesser Evil wrote:The LoB family traits are really a mixed bag. Having to take a quarter of your levels in aristocrat for the ability to find members of a family that is evil and untrustworthy by nature doesn't really work for a lot of Ravenloft campaigns unless you just want a a straight handicap, for example.
Would that matter if most or all of the group had levels in aristocrat?
I dont know, I like the idea, but most of the group cares about optimization (at least they dont want to throw levels. Furthermore i know nothing about legacy of blood, i should read it.

Is it possible to add some of the LoB stories and such? For example I was thinking they could descend all from an ancient Family, but they dont know and they find out for exzample by a strange and cryptic missive?
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

You can find templates included among the list of monsters in this spreadsheet:

http://fraternityofshadows.com/Mausoleu ... enloft.xls

Just do a word search for "template". As mentioned previously, these templates are mostly for monsters.

Instead of templates, you could let them start with a failed powers check if you so wished. In addition, Domains of Dread, while a 2nd edition source, had special character modifiers based on domain of origin (also a mixed bag.)
Nox wrote:
Is it possible to add some of the LoB stories and such? For example I was thinking they could descend all from an ancient Family, but they dont know and they find out for exzample by a strange and cryptic missive?
In LoB, there's several different adventure hooks, ideas, events, and relatives left for the players and GMs to fill in. (For example, in one of the families a couple might have went away on a sailing ship and founded a lost branch of the family, or they might not have done so well, depending on what you want.)